New Spygate Staring the Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BK_Jetsfan, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Just like back when it started. The camera guy in question was fully wearing Pats gear. There was no attempt at trying to hide.

Like always though when the Jets break a rule, there is always a minute sub section that seems to make it all go away. It must be great to have your former intern as the commissioner. :rolleyes:

The truth of the matter is that this version of "spygate" has the exact same effect on the game as the original one did. That being ZERO! Though I have to admit it IS fun to see Jet fans squirm. :wink:

2. patfanken

patfanken Banned

When are you going to realize that EVERYONE is a Jets hater. Besides if this wasn't true, how would you justify the paranoia that is so rampant in Jet Nation. :wink:

Unlike like Jet fans who would NEVER stoop to using "spygate" to tweak Pats fans ;rolleyes:

3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This post overlooks the biggest GLARING difference in the two stories. YOUR COACH directed the camera man to film the other team to steal calls. In this instance, the camera man is filming the FIELD for Jets TV shows.

But keep trying. It's funny.

4. patfanken

patfanken Banned

LIAR! Making it up as you go along. That is just not true. It only goes to show your ignorance about the entire issue. I'd explain it to you, but I doubt you possess the open mind to make it worth by bother.

This is so fucking ironic I almost don't believe it. "Out of the mouths of babes" You have got it EXACTLY right, DS.

There was nothing the Pats did back then that they couldn't have done with a pair of binoculars and a clipboard. The camera is just a little more efficient. The point being the league didn't outlaw trying to steal signs, they just limited the equipment you could use to do it. The Pats didn't gain ANY competitive advantage. It was a stupid rule, and BB was tweaking the league by continuing to do it.

Bad move. His mistake was that he ran into a new Commissioner who was trying to establish himself as the head of the league. And he also had to continue to adhere to his duty to help the team he interned at when he got into the league

Again, Thank you DS for stating the best case for why "spygate" was much ado about nothing....just like THIS story is

#44 patfanken, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Florio is a d-bag. Always has been, always will be. He's caused more problems for Patriots fans than anyone else I can think of, mostly because I'm pretty sure the man is God's-honest-truth in love with Brady. (Like, you know, buttsecks love.)

And besides... even if the Jets stole the Patriots' offensive signals, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. They still wouldn't have stopped anyone.

(j/k, j/k... easy now.)

6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

No. They weren't. Check it if you want. That was debunked as the baseless claims of a disgruntled (and previously terminated) employee.

7. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol, if we were videotaping anything we did a piss poor job at it, since we couldn't stop them and their hideous defense stopped us frequently. NE got obvious benefits from their obvious cheating.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

This is already tiresome.

9. patfanken

patfanken Banned

There was never a rule that made it illegal to attempt to steal calls. There isn't one now.

And why would I believe that. And even if were partially true, would Rex choose to ignore any info he could get when the camera "just happened" to be concentrating on the Pats bench. That camera is filming for 4 hours, for what, a half hour show. I'd be interested in seeing what else the camera was focusing on the other 3 and half hours. So should the commissioner. But I forgot. The commissioner is a Jet butt boy, so THAT isn't going to happen. :rolleyes:

10. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

100% agreed. Might as well be three pages of what people had for breakfast.

(Toast and coffee.)

11. So the Jets broke a rule? Which one here? I'm dying to know.

Not that you're not a partisan Pats, though.

#51 SackExchangeNYJ, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2011
  12. At any rate, Spygate was such a non-deal that the league punished the Pats, then went up to team headquarters and found a library of other tapes. Those other tapes were damning enough to be destroyed, but not damning enough to lead to further penalties.

Meanwhile, Florio makes nothing out to be something, and the Pats fans in their desire to try to make it out like the Jets cheated - or that they didn't - jump all over it.

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

14. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Or maybe Matt Walsh already admitted to wrongdoing?

For the record, since spygate, Pats failed to win a SB where as they won 3 prior to that. It cost the Rams a SB for sure, but continue with ur nonsense.

15. Well, if defenses were still using signals, it might work. But since about 2008, defenses have been sending in calls via radio, same as with QBs on offense.

16. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

The picture looks weird ...the other two guys are glaring with sunlight and this guy is in the shade. ALso the Cameraman's right arm looks cut off standing so close to the guy in white shirt with that white gap behind Schotty's headphone.

17. It's all part of a plot. The Jets are using shadows and multi-person arm positions to illegally relay opposing signals to their players. There are also 206 known communists working at the Jets' headquarters in Florham Park.

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Who even reads PFT any more?

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Great post, this is such a non story it's not even funny. Only desperate Pats fans would claim it is. Mike Florio is a douche. Always has been, always will be. Way to do some research before you post a story. He has no credibility, the guy is a gossip writer who happens to like football. This story is better posted for the National Enquirer then one of the largest NFL boards. Shame on NBC for letting this guy mock "journalism" the way he does.

20. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I've always said you're a smart guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.