New Nike NFL Uniforms for 2012

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Atopps, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Looks like created teams in Madden!

2. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I like classic uni designs versus the newer, sleeker, college designs. These prototypes remind me of college unis.

3. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Those are really stupid looking. They look like they belong in an old Schwarzenegger movie about the "future."

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Fucking terrible. It's like they tried to copy Oregon's uniforms but completely left out the "awesome". Hopefully this never happens.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

In a nutshell.

And can you imagine what they look like on XXXXXL linemen, let alone the drunk 20 stone guy in row whatever. Horrible, but I do like the fact the Pats and Phins look even Gayer than usual

6. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

These are absolutely awful.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

those are not the 2012 nfl uniforms.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I may stop watching football altogether if the Jets come out wearing that dogshit.

9. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

dude(ette) who made all that has some serious skills in photoshop. sadly their design skills ain't so hot.

10. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

11. Even the classic teams like the Cowboys, Steelers,Bears and Vikings have alternate uniforms that they wear once or twice a year. Although I love the classic Jets look, I do enjoy acouple games a year when they change it up a bit. I think it adds to the timestamp of specific games. You can look back on a game acouple years ago and remember that the team wore their throwbacks or alternates on that date. I think that adds to the brand and legacy of a given franchise.

I do however absolutely despise the Titans uniforms. I could understand wearing them as a one time thing, but not only are they ugly, they speak to nothing that this franchise stands for.If they want a throwback alternate to wear, bring back the early to mid 80's forest green look w/ the swoosh logo. I think fans would enjoy the reminder of those sack exchange teams when the franchise had some decent success.

As for these alternates, I like the design but am not a big fan of the black. I think if they replaced the black w/ white, even on the helment, it'd be very sharp. I've always loved the 80's "Swoosh" logo and would be curious how it'd look w/ green lettering on a white helmet.

12. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I'm pretty sure the NFL does not have an agreement with Schutt either. Also the college teams that went to Pro Combat Unis I'm pretty sure only wore them for one game.

I wouldn't mind the Jets going to something like a Combat Uni as an alternate look.

You can tell they are someones personal photoshop skills by looking at the lines on some of them. I mean they were mighty original when it came to the Browns.

13. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

yeah its been pretty much announced this was made by someone with awesome ps skills that has nothing to do with nike.

14. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

I did read the whole thread and I did know that. I was pointing it out to the other people that didn't read the whole thing whose panties are in a bunch and in panic mode over this.

15. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm with you.

16. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

fair enough... i was kinda doing hte same.
    was't trying to insult you or nothin

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I didn't read the posts but those were made by someone as to what he hopes to see.

They are in no way official.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

those are lame.

19. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

Right on the money. I like our kit just fine.
    More ways to try and rip us I guess.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Funny quote from the forum these were posted in.

"Teams design the jersey, not the manufacturer. They may have these ideas, but I don't see many of the teams going for it.... Most of those jerseys are ass cheeks, and the owners would never let that shit go down...

I don't see Kraft sending his players on the field looking like Captain America knock offs... Sorry, I just don't..."

I was thinking the same thing, I'm sure the league would allow Brady to use a shield too.