New Jets/giants Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Jan 27, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nobody can dispute what U say but you have to blame the NYC pols for what occurred. I think once the name of the stadium is publizied I would doubt maybe besides NYG fans will the new stadium be referred to as Giants Stadium by the media any longer

2. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

If our lease for giants stadium was running out and all why didnt we just maybe lease an allocated amount of time so we could find a place for us. instead of tieing into a 100 year contract and i know for dam sure i want be alive to see them move again.

3. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Well this I agree with 100%, but it's not 600M against 1.4B. It's 1.0+B v 1.4B.

Also, with the extra infrastructure needed in a shared stadium, the cost difference is even a little less, but yes, there is a labor cost difference.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I've said it before and I'll say it again: As long as we're not playing in "Giants" stadium, I'll be happy.

5. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

To many fans and the media, it will always be GIANTS STADIUM and we will always be second class citizens! Go to the sports bar right at the complex. ALL GIANTS players photos. No JETS! Some home field advantage. I hope it works out well for our team but I have grave doubts!

6. championjets69

KYJ I sort of disagree with you on this cause the media will have to say that the stadium is OWNED 50% by us which will negate peoples thinking that this is a new Giant Stadium. Also once the winner is announced for the naming rights that will immediately become the new name of the stadium & it will be referred to it by the media so I think the Giants Stadium will just fade away like General Mc Arthur did

7. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

actually there is an area in huntington by molenhoffs that is about 75 acres of open land.

8. championjets69

Give it up already as they will be playing in NJ for many, many years to come. Why do you think they moved there TC from Hempstead to NJ as well cause they expect to play in LI?

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They just wanted to make you change your signature again. :grin:

10. championjets69

OK got it! Yes once the move is made to NJ then my signature will need upgrading also

11. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I always found it funny how others interpret "NY" as in the NY Jets. I am a Jersey guy and didn't care if the stadium was in North NJ/Manhattan or Queens. I can get to all fairly easy. I always found the "we play in a different state" themes comical.

So, what does the "New York" stand for, in NY Jets?

To me, the NY stands for the NY Metropolitian Area (believe it or not, there is such a thing as Metropolitian Areas...look it up).

Others think it stands for NY, as in the state.
    or NY as in NYC or New York City (5 boros)
    It seems some think LI is part of NYC.
    or
    Jets should play anywhere in NY, like maybe Albany, White Plains, Syracuse?
    It seem some think NYC is only Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens. Staten Island somehow annexed to Jersey (of course, because all those NY'r who make fun of NJ for the alleged smell, would look like fools if part of their city was compiled from a garage dump) and Bronx is escape from new york
    it also seems tha NJ (e. rutherford or anywhere across the hudson) somehow managed to be moved 1000 miles away - making NJ as close as Nebraska.

i love these stadium threads. agreed with who ever said these are just rehashed over and over again.

as far as the name goes, Giant stadium will go the way of candle stick park. no media will call it G stad once the name is set.

anywho.. i wrote a lot of nonsense. keep the stadium threads coming in the off season. quality reading.

12. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

you are one angry jerseyan. type of nj state pride that would make gov. mcgreevy proud.

13. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

you're all wrong! the stadium belongs in Queens, where they've fully embraced their new yorkiness.

14. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

wow do you have no clue? angry? and state pride? :rofl:

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It was me who said that. I also made many of your above points before the summer even. Talk about anger, there was a ton of it coming from the NY side (and rightfully so) over this since way back when.

The "NY" thing remains a mystery to me... I'm serious. A total mystery. During the many, long, agonizing months it took for many New Yorkers to realize this was going to happen (the Jets coming to Jersey), the "NY" argument raged.

I've always felt "The Jets belong in NY" a nonsensical statement. If you ask them if they mean NY City, they'll say, "Well, it doesn't have to be in the city, but somewhere in NY." Okay. But where? There wasn't even any decent room in Queens or any of the boros. So then it became, "Well, somewhere in NY state then... it shouldn't be in NJ or CT."

Okay. Then I suppose Niagra Falls is an acceptable site, since that fulfills the "NY" requirement. It just makes no sense to anyone thinking logically.

The other thing I could never understand was the anger toward the Jersey side for "luring" the Jets over here. The Jets belong in their "ancestral homeland," whatever TF that is, and NJ is a huge villain for "taking away" the Jets. Well, hell, they have themselves to blame. They're the one who voted in those f*cked up politicians who kicked the Jets aside like yesterday's hockey team! The NY politicians they voted for screwed them, and all of a sudden it's New Jersey's fault. Um-hmmm... okay....

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

Fair points...............at least we're stealing the Nets back. It's really a disgrace to watch Kidd and Carter work their magic to 3,500 'friends and relatives'.

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

The team is not called the New York Metropolitan Area Jets!!!! IMO one of the two teams should be in new york somewhere so new yorkers can go to the games and take in the whole atmosphere. I personnally think thas what new york lacks we got every thing under the sun here but a football stadium. dont have to be in manhattan but im sure theres somewhere they could put the stadium. There was an area on staten island i think an old landfill they had closed down. i mean it is a old dump but lots of things were built over land fills.

18. jetbugga

jetbugga Member

soh vet, good point, nyc or nj, the jets will be always the jets. bring them to texas.

19. championjets69

They will be in TX this year to play the Boys.

20. championjets69

I'm sure U know that the die is set & we will be playing in NJ for years & years & years so what value is there to post what U posted?