New coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jojo, Dec 18, 2023.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In the past I would have agreed on Tomlin, but not any longer. He's fairly conservative too, and imo the Jets need an offensive-minded HC. IMO that's the ONLY way the offense gets truly fixed. I realize that your post was written back in mid-December, but as you know Jim Harbaugh isn't going to be available. He is now the Chargers' HC. We possibly could have hired him if Saleh had been fired. He may have not wanted to have to deal with Rodgers ego and the resulting cap and draft issues from trading for him, however.

ouchy and Borat like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

No quality HC is going to want to come to the Jets with Rodgers running amuck in the FO.

jets_fan likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Imagine the conditions that Woody would make a new HC candidate agree to just to appease Rodgers? Then the dude would retire anyway to avoid his legacy being tarnished.

ouchy likes this.
  4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

No quality head coach is coming to the Jets, period. Any potential candidate wouldn't get past laughing on the phone at the fact the Jets even bothered calling to even consider whether they wanted to deal with Rodgers or not.

NCJetsfan and ouchy like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

Actually, the Jets have done pretty well with the #10 pick. Both G. Wilson and Al Toon were the 10th pick in their drafts. On the negative side, Russell Carter was also the #10 pick in the draft. He was the only other #10 pick by the Jets. I still can't figure out what happened to Carter. I think he must have cared more about coke than football. I was in grad school at SMU when Eric Dickerson, Craig James, Michael Carter and Russell Carter were there and the stars of the team. I thought all 4 of them would be stars in the NFL. I was right with 3 of the 4. It figures that the one the Jets got would be the only one who wound up being a bust.

6. NCJetsfan

I like Pete, but no. He's too old, and he's yet another defensive coach. Also, think of how many years Seattle's OL sucked and Russell Wilson was taking a beating. No way I'd be happy with Pete. Thank goodness he has retired.

Borat likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

No to McCarthy! He's the reason GB only won one championship with Rodgers and he's the reason Dallas hasn't made it to the big game.

8. NCJetsfan

I have no problems with the Jets not going after Vrabel. he's another defensive guy who tries to win with D and running the football. No thanks.

Cman68, ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.