Nathaniel Hackett hired as OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Great.We may yet revive the proud years of 3rd and 15 draw, the patented playcall of his father Paul.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Cman68, SOJAZ and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Patriots

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Regarding Todd Monken:

"The Jets wouldn’t do that and he’s not coming here. Let’s revisit next year and see if he gets a head coaching job. Deal?" -Jonathan Vilma

"Then it's their loss. Gotta swing big sometimes to get big results. You say he takes a HC gig after next season and I say he stays a coordinator regardless college or NFL. Deal." -JetsNation06

@JonathanVilma Looks like I won this friendly wager ;)

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35658203/todd-monken-leaves-georgia-become-ravens-new-oc

barfolomew likes this.
  4. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Monken is who I wanted as our OC. To my knowledge, we never fking interviewed the man. Now we Hackett and downing beers to right the ship. But then again, Sean Peyton was available too without a call. Why should I be discouraged lol.

barfolomew likes this.
  5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

We didn’t call about Payton because Salah is still the HC; that’s a completely different situation than not making the call for Monken when the OC position was available. That being said, for Monken it’s an easy choice if choosing between Lamar Jackson and Zach Wilson, so we likely never had a shot at him.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Washington whatevers got the best coordinator in the game fresh off his 2nd Super Bowl

we got Paul Hackett’s kid fresh off a dead last scoring performance

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Let's see if we get 3rd and 15 draw. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Just so we are clear: Hackett gets no credit for the Packers O because LaFleur called the plays and he had one of the best QBs of all time, but Bieniemy gets credit for the Chiefs O despite the greatest offensive coach in league history calling the plays with one of the best QBs of all time throwing the ball. Right?

#568 BroadwayAaron, Feb 18, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yes. That's called TGG Darkside Rationale!

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

100000% spot on response. Not to mention that the playbook was mostly developed by Hackett, even though La Fleur called the plays.

BroadwayAaron likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

yeah the guy who was fired and dead last in scoring last year is definitely better than Eric Bieniemy, good call on your part

(jerk off motion)

12. bicketybam

Bieniemy is so good that he has whiffed on a dozen or so HC jobs and wasn't re-upped by the Chiefs when his contract ran out. Fucking champ, that guy.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Here we go with selective comparisons. Eric is a very good coordinator, no doubt. Hackett on the other hand was fired as a HC, a position Eric B never got a sniff on, right or wrong. As an offensive coordinator Hackett has a very good resume as well. You can argue all day long who is better, but I wish people would stop using HC criteria to make a point on a completely different role. Many outstanding coordinators have failed miserable as HC on both sides of the ball, yet they are still damned good coordinators. For all we know Eric could fail miserably as a HC, but that does take away his OC talent.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I would probably take Eric as an OC over Hack, but there is a huge risk there too, as you pointed out. Also, if you wait that long and Eric still goes to Washington, you may be left with nothing good at that point. Plus Hack gives a chance at Rodgers, while Eric doesn't. The offense Eric runs requires much bigger learning curve from current offense, while Hack's one is close. You know what, maybe Hack is a better choice anyway, at least for us at this juncture. Certainly having Hack over Eric is not something I am getting worked up about.

15. BrowningNagle

They should be compared as they were both hired to run offenses in 2023.

Bieniemy has never been fired and will receive his 2nd Super Bowl ring shortly.

Hackett has been fired twice and just led the NFL’s single lowest scoring offense.

those are facts.

opinion-wise I think Bieniemy will eventually take over the reigns in Washington as Ron Rivera’s successor. Whereas I think Hackett will be fired for the 3rd time after the 2023 season

16. bicketybam

Bieniemy has never been thought of highly enough to be hired as a head coach. Hackett has. Facts.

17. BroadwayAaron

How many times was Bieniemy passed over for HC jobs only to be forced into a lateral move? Not exactly helping your case the way you thought you did.

18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

You understand Payton would have hired Rex Ryan to be our DC. lol.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Do you ever wonder why such a great OC never got a bite and KC let him go with A Reid arguably at the end of his career for a freaking lateral job.
    Again, my point about HC versus Coordinator are two different beasts and irrelevant to this discussion and using the “he got fired last year” as reason is beyond simplistic. Most all HC get fired at some point.
    I wish Bieniemy well, but hope Hackett more than succeeds, excells….because that is was best for the Jets. A concept that alludes you more often than not.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

“Bieniemy hasn’t gotten fired because no one thinks he’s good enough to even be a head coach” is a hell of a point to think you have.