Nathaniel Hackett hired as OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah funny…but then again….we always default to “it’s gonna be an epic fuckup” because come on…it always HAS been an epic fuckup! Seriously…shit HC after shit HC, shit GM after shit GM, shit QB after shit QB, failed draft pick after failed draft pick…it’s a shitshow and has been for a long time. Longest active playoff drought and counting at 12 fucking years.

personally I think JD is the best GM we’ve had since the Parcells/Tanny days…Saleh probably too, certainly better than the shit we’ve been forced to watch with schmucks like Gase and Bowles….but man I think if any fan base has a right to be furious, it’s us (along with the Lions and Browns)

oh yeah, the Jets and the Johnsons have more than earned our wrath…

LAJet, Nyjets4eva and barfolomew like this.
  2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

He doesn’t wow me but there is a reason he was liked and hired as a OC. Moving on and hopefully he finds the right QB for his system. I don’t care who it is, ZW, White, Carr, Brady, Rodgers, let’s hope whatever homework he does is a better offense than this year.

Nyjets4eva and barfolomew like this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’m with you…

none of the names we talked to were inspiring to me. This guy was probably one of the lowest on my list. Smacks of Adam Gase all over again…Manning loved Gase too…clearly it was the QB making the OC not the other way around. You’d think after hiring a loser like Gase we’d learn from it but no…let’s go out and hire yet another coach who was fired for what? Oh yeah…for sucking out loud!!!

Well,it’s done now so I can only hope it works…maybe it does mean there’s a play for Rodgers here, and maybe Rodgers gives us 2-3 years of above average QB play…hard to say he’s still MVP level, but even at his current level he’s a huge upgrade. I don’t know…I’m not impressed. This team has not earned the benefit of the doubt yet, so jury will be out until proven otherwise, but I’m not doing any cartwheels here.

barfolomew and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is to be expected when the franchise Is poorly ran, when you constantly strike out, especially striking out at the most important facets of an organization.

IE: QB

How long can a team possibly go before they FINALLY have a legit QB behind center? It's almost impossible to be this fucking bad, for this fucking long, and missing every year on a legit QB for this team.

It's wild.

So, this Is what It looks like when JD misses as hard as he did with the #2 pick In the draft, with QB as the selection. It Is the type of miss that most don't come back from. It's also the type of miss that really puts your team In a bad hole that we now need to find a way to climb out of. It's a mess now, for good reason.

So, please, stop with this narrative that you can't understand why Jets fans are so torn and you don't get why everyone Is unhappy. It's obvious.

This Is the result, the consequence, of failing to achieve at the most important aspects of this team.

Fans now are forced to bicker amongst one another because the FO, CS, and Owner(s) have failed us as fans. They have failed themselves as leaders of this franchise.

I think the one and only thing that we can all agree on, Is...

We want this team to win. We want this team to get It right.

At the end of the day, that's really what It boils down to, we as fans are all individuals, trying our best as fans to understand and put the puzzle pieces together ourselves.

..and we are left to do that because the people that should truly be figuring this shit out, hasn't.

CotcheryFan, barfolomew and Jets79 like this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm just glad the mystery is over and Saleh and JD can now concentrate on getting his new OC a QB that can run his system. At this point, I really stopped watching the drama unfold a bit ago. I just hope JD and Saleh don't fuck this up and pick another stiff or mortgage the next 3 years of picks.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Panthers just hired a HC that fired mid season! Can you believe that?!

KingRoach likes this.
  7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Sure that didn't help lol.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I am neither thrilled nor angry over this. He's not who I wanted, but there's nothing we can do about it. Hope for the best while knowing the worst is always possible with this team.

IIMeanDeanII and barfolomew like this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

That doesn't mean they will be successful now does it?

.. and Frank Reich didn't fail anywhere near as hard as N. Hackett. Offense wasn't close

12. bicketybam

He got replaced by a guy that's never even coached, lol.

13. IIMeanDeanII

Interim Head coach.

This holds no weight with anything from my post. Nor does It counter my argument made.

Do you have something better you want to go with? This Is weak my friend.

14. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Wdym who’s Right?

You said to keep in mind his recent history, so I assume you’re a big fan of the hiring.

His recent history at OC (the job he was hired to do) he was very successful.

*Hey my bad, I see the confusion. I don’t usually find your posts interesting enough to read so I was just replying to one specific post without context. My bad*

#354 KingRoach, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t need to stop with any narrative. Those are facts, and both said JD and Saleh said a they are getting a vet Q to lead this team. Not the first or last time a first rounder failed in many a team. The only narrative is venting frustration about the shit of the past over and over and any change made to correct it is thrown in the trash before it’s even given a chance. Not my fucking word.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

I dont know what you just went on about here but did you not state In your initial post on the fact that you were essentially confused on why nobody can be happy right now and on the same page. Wave length. Etc... ???

Did you not just go there?

I then made a post explaining the very nature of why that's not possible.

Then you went on this rant that just confused me further.

Whatever dude.

Let the mystery remain I guess. It's not complicated though.

17. bicketybam

Congrats. You are the new Br4d.

KingRoach and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like it. Streamlines his duties. He might have been overwhelmed in Denver as head coach but now he just has to focus on the offense. Do not want Rodgers coming here. He is too old, very expensive, and would cost the Jets major draft picks and players. The Jets are building correctly. It may not work but they have a plan so to toss it all away for what 1 or 2 years of Rodgers?

Ralebird likes this.
  19. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Are you fucking with people or is that a real question?

He designed plays specifically to be used in the red zone and during the game, in the red zone, he ran the offense which includes calling plays.

20. burf

burf Well-Known Member

As I responded to another post you made, where you said the same thing... he designed the successful scheme, successful gameplans, the successful plays in & beyond the red zone, coordinated the whole offense, the players liked him... he was the OC of successful offenses. I call BS on this one cherry-picked aspect , while ignoring all the rest.