Must see Baker play!!! - defenders removed!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by willyot, Oct 31, 2006.

1. GreenMachine

Buttle is now on eBay looking for a new asshole.

2. Brooks Brady

Brooks Brady New Member

Baker would have to like fall backwards to not reach the endzone in bounds on that play.

3. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Why does the league hate the Jets?

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Either you are Romeo Crennel and are trolling or you just need to rationalize the loss. Or maybe you work for the NFL. In any event, I just don't understand how you can write that or believe that after seeing the video. What's the deal? If a man running straight, not to the right, jumps about 3 inches off the ground to catch a ball that is headed straight, not to the right, and the man is already about 3 feet in bounds, how can he possibly end up out of bounds. Baker would have landed with both feet on the ground in the end zone with feet, not inches to spare, then hit the ground about 2 feet from the sideline. He would have had to roll over about 3 times before he would have ended up out of bounds. If you can't see that, you are blind or, for some reason, just don't want to admit it was a TD.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

www.eyeglasses.com

Check it out.

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

Owned!!!!!

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

hell no. Look at his feet. It would've been almost impossible for him not to have both feet land in bounds. He was barely off the ground in the first place!

Anyone who doesn't see how that was a force-out... I don't know what to say. They must be visually-impaired.

#47 Yisman, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  8. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Your kidding, right?

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Well, you asked for it.
    [​IMG]

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are we sure this guy is a Jets fan ?

11. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

I dunno, there's a chance his torso lands on the line IMO, but before that his feet and knees would have come down inbounds. Benefit of the doubt should always go to the Jets, erm, the receiver in that situation.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

There actually is an official in the video. You see him at 15 seconds until the end of the video. It looks like he had great position to see whether or not it was a force out, but still makes the call going against the Jets.

The fact that he seemed so close is just..... wow :sad:

#52 macbk, Nov 1, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  13. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

wow great work..there is no doubt he'd come in bounds

14. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Buttle
    The more I see the play the more it looks like a good call. His momentum, his stretch and the ball are pushing him to the right. Most likely he will land with force on the right side of his hip, then his shoulder will roll out of bounds and then his left leg will hit. But i cannot say for sure nor can anyone which is why the call was a very good call.

I think your really a kansas city fan ! Hey herms doing o.k. why dont you go and root for them O.K.

15. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

Thanks for posting, excellent video. Man we got robbed, plus since we aren't the Pats or Colts, the Refs won't get fined - which is what several of you have said already, I agree 100% with that much.

16. Allentown Ernie

I was in a sports bar with a Jet season ticket holder watching the game and when the play happened we both stood up and screamed " TOUCHDOWN ". Then came the unbelievable call by the " f-in ref." As always, if there is someway for something wierd to happen it will happen to us. The NFL should make a public statement that they blew the call. But they wont. We got totaly screwed. Allentown Ernie.

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

As I look at it again, the refs were probably allowing for the rotation of the earth because Chris Baker left the ground.

You know, if Isaac Newton were alive today and applied his first law to Chris Baker, even he would have called it a touch down.

Those refs should be nationally humiliated on NFL Today next weekend. I think somebody has to stand up and make a statement on the quality of officiating this year. Play the video when the Browns players are removed and expose those refs for the idiots they are.

Linda Blair with her head spinning around could have made a better call.

18. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

First of all that is an incredible piece of video. If we have that technology available, why isn't the NFL using it to review plays like this one that could change the outcome of a game?

Second, it was a tremendous play by Baker, and the video clearly shows he would have come down inbounds - if not being forced out by the hit.

Third, no guarantee we hit the X-tra point, but the odds arre pretty good.

Finally, it never should have come down to one play - no excuses. However, that's the type of football the Jets play under Mangini. Since they are not yet a talented team, they play as close as they can and one play can make the difference. This is the difference between a growing team and a really good team. Victory in the NFL today is inches. I don't want to make excuses - they could have lost in overtime too...but I hate to see plays like that possibly determine the outcome of a football game.

19. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

We should never have been in that spot to begin with. We played a hideous game. Maybe this will be a wake up call going into New England.

20. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Maybe they can come up with a video that shows the Jets defense LITERALLY disappearing on running plays.