Moss vs. Revis #2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by newcomer, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah well Welker is now going to get double teamed by every defense in the league. Welkers whole role in that offense was to be the guy less scary on any given play than Moss, so the Pats could exploit defenses because teams couldn't really focus all of their attention on Wes. Now that he Moss is gone, Welker will be the sole guy that gets the attention.

2. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

please...stop being so myopic, the pats will be fine, just let the season play itself out, you'll see. I hate them but they've done this during their entire run, replace a probowler w/an overachiever has been a successful formula for them.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I dont know. Their offense is all they really have right now and Moss plays a big part in that. We will see I wont be surprised if they still do well but I wouldnt be surprised if their O struggles a bit.
    I also have Moss on my fantasy team so im a bit pissed.

4. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Are you serious? BB traded Moss to Minny to try and hurt the Jets? Jets were 3-1 last year after week 4. 10-6 max, Take it to the bank. BB could give a shit about the Jets, he knows they are going to implode like they always do. This week is the start.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I agree, after game 8 the Jets are going to be trading, to stockpile picks, and fuck them up royally, just like the Pats do every year. Take it to the bank.

#85 Miamipuck, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  6. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

The Moss trade has made the Pats less explosive but maybe more unpredictable. With Moss, you knew there were a handful of routes he would run.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

How would you know? Word on the street is Moss demanded a trade after Week 1. It's entirely possible he was trying to burn Revis because of the trash talk, and once Revis left he stopped giving a shit. I'm not saying that's exactly what happened, but it's possible with a guy like Moss who cares more about how he does than how his team does.

Also, Miami is a division rival, so that point is moot.

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

i agree, and tom brady won't be forcing passes to moss anymore.

but you can't really believe that they're going to be just as good offensively without moss. that's a stretch.

He was the main vertical and downfield threat, and while you have a guy like hernandez (go gators) who is keller like in creating mismatches at the TE position, he's not randy moss.

this trade hurts the patriots this year. but they already know with their defense they're not making a run in the playoffs. so trade moss while you can still get something for him instead of just letting him walk

Brandon tate is explosive but he's yet to prove he's a good receiver

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So revis is calling moss out again. He better play and not be hiding under his sheets when you do something like that.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Revis troll.

11. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

MEvi$ is still talking trash about a HOF receiver who took him to school once this season.

I wish he would go back to the quiet player who knew when to keep his trap shut.

Quickly becoming my least favorite Jet player. Ok, he already is....

12. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

again, talk to me @ the end of the season, I hope your right, but I don't you will be.

13. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Jetson so you actually believe that without Randy Moss the Pats will have a "better" offense????

You're joking right??

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What the hell is a Revis troll and how does it pertain to a revis thread?

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I'm not even gonna bother with the fact that we went deep into the playoffs while Ray Lewis and company beat you like you stole something.

Last year's 3-1: we had a brand new defense, and a rookie QB who had just convinced himself he could fling it all over the yard in the NFL like he was still playin high school ball.

This year's 3-1: We just tore through the division like a hurricane and NOW the cavalry's showing up.

The colder it gets, the better we get. We get to go down the stretch with a defense getting healthier and better every day and two 100 yard-a-game potential RB's and you get to go down the stretch with no deep threat, a swiss-cheese secondary, a running back with more names than touchdowns, and Danny fucking Woodhead.

Collapse this.

#95 milo, Oct 7, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This whole thing is a contradiction. We aren't a division opponent?
    We were losing 14-10 at the half, he had every reason to come out and try and put us away. I give complete and full credit to Cromartie.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Don is but if Revis doesn't play he looks like a moron for saying that.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's not at all what I said. He said he could understand Moss not giving a shit during the Miami game but went full throttle vs us because were a div rival. But Miami is also a div rival, so that point is moot.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Gotcha, yeah that makes more sense- lol

20. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

I love Darrelle but he is a douchbag.

Revis at 80% >>>>> Lowery, Coleman, and definitely Rookie Kyle Wilson. Hamstrings tend to linger so he should sit if he's not 100% but i doubt he let's the last image of him vs. Moss be that TD so im sure he plays unless he's scared.