Moss Disses Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DHarris52, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

All he said is that there aren't really and shutdown corners in the league because they always have help.....makes sense to me. Against some WRs, Revis is a shutdown guy, but if put Moss, Fitz, Owens, Ochocinco, Wayne, or Andre Johnson purely 1 on 1 with no help, those WRs will win the battle over the course of a game....

The thing I think Randy forgets is that pass rush also comes into that....he could probably beat any corner in practice in one on ones with no rush, but that's not realistic. DBs are a product of their defense, but Revis is a top individual talent nonetheless.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Moss can say what he wants.

But I was home from work today, and all day long on ESPN when they played Jets-Pats highlights, numerous analysts said Revis is hands down the best corner in football.

Words are words, but receivers guarded by him aren't getting any production.

3. Christian

Christian Active Member

I love how Rex Ryan was saying today on Michael kay that Moss didnt wanna give Revis credit. Moss knows his ass is gonna get shut down everytime he faces Revis and hes just afraid to admit it.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Agreed, and I see where you're coming from.

Edelman had a good game and I give him credit, but I really wanted to see Wes Welker lose some teeth just for laughs. So now he have to hear all the excuses that the Patriots weren't fully loaded, Brady isn't the same, etc. Oh, well, it must bite to be Bill Belichick on a Monday for once in his life. Well, the second time.

I also wanted to see Brady leveled - really leveled - but I'm not greedy. What our D did was fabulous. Sanchez, it frightens me. Sunday was a great day for Jets fans. I'm just happy. Really, really happy. The Cheats didn't lose. They got beat.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I wonder who Moss would list as the toughest cornerbacks he's had to face.

I remember him catching only one pass on kickoff weekend in 2001. That was the game that Carolina won that year (they lost their final 15). I can't imagine Moss would consider Jimmy Hitchcock or Rashard Anderson to be tough, though.

Moss did have some troubles with Charles Tillman from time to time.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSgLNeuV_tM[/YOUTUBE]

6. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

wait, why would Moss talk bad about Revis tho?