More Steelers fans at the Stadium thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Nov 18, 2007.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The same places Pitt fans bought tem from- stubhub, ticketmaster, ebay, from scalpers at the Stadium. There area million different ways to acquire tickets.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Thats what true fans do :up:
    there is nothing more rewarding than BEING there when , you've endured so much crap to finally see something amazing. All that crap that we swallow makes the sweet stuff..well...even sweeter.
    I would NEVER EVER sell/give my ticket to another teams fans. NEVER. I have had occasions when I can't shift my season ticket , because we were playing like shite , so I gave them away to true fans that didn't have enough ???. The seats that would have been empty were full of loud fans.
    Just because you don't want to go or can't doesn't mean to say nobody else should have the tickets , the TEAM still needs fans turning up game day , and not opposition fans!

3. gustoonarmy

Are Jets fans really that tight arsed that they HAVE to have the $$$$$. How many kids would jump at the chance to take a ticket off your hands?

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That argument was more valid when I started the home fans thread. Badger is a season ticket holder, so oopsie, you're wrong!

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wasn't specifically addressing badger, so oopsie, I'm right! I have seen a bunch of posts about the Steeler fans invading the Stadium and about season ticket holders selling them to steeler fans but why is it on the ticket holders? where are these great fans that are complaining? why can't they purchase tickets and go to the games preventing Steeler fans from getting tickets? it's never easier to get tickets than when we stink, tickets are always available and very cheap so there aren't any excuses.

6. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I tried to sell my tickets. NOBODY WANTED THEM.

7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

There is a decent % of tickets for Sale for Most Teams every game in the secondary Market.
    Pittsburgh is one of the best traveling fan bases , as well as having fans that live all over, 5 out of 10 houses on my block are Steeler fans.

I Dont Care if the Jets were 8-1 instead of 1-8 - The Steeler Fans would still be there , just like almost every other road game they play.

8. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

I had 4 different people tell me that they wanted my tickets (I couldn't go and my partner is in Morocco) but when it came time to come up with the cash (face value) suddenly, they were not to be found. I ended up eating them (total loss $165). People bitch and moan about who I sell my tickets to but to be honest, all I want to do is break even. My seats are surrounded by Corporate seats thus I'm in enemy territory EVERY GAME. Do you think for one second that those businesses even care about who goes to the games in their seats? Tickets are available if your willing to spend enough money. The fact of the matter is that Jets fans are too cheap to cough up a few bucks when the team isn't doing well. So are we going to do like they did in New England and strip season ticket holders of their tickets because they resold them to Stub Hub? Put a winning team on the field and I guarantee that the stadium is filled with rabid Jets fans. Actually, if we win the next 3 games, I guarantee that the stadium has more Jets fans than Browns fans. That's just the way it is.

9. gustoonarmy

I'm not having a go at you , but if no one wants them , can you not give them away to 'worthy' causes , ie people that would wnt to go but can't afford to?

10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I sold me tickets and I know they went to steelers fans. I have to move soon and I need the $$$$. If the team didnt suck it would have made it harder to do. Sorry I must not be a real fan.

11. vjdbbq

vjdbbq Banned

If you want to make money, go play the stock market and give up your Jet tickets . Your not a real fan . I've been going to games since Shea Stadium , win , lose or draw . You are the trouble ; you're not a REAL fan . Give'em up !!

12. vjdbbq

vjdbbq Banned

Your not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Sounds like the players were pissed off about this and they have every right to be.

14. hoobash

I didnt want to make money I need money to move because I am broke. The market dictates who gets the tickets. If there where jets fans buying I would sell to them. The fact is yesterday steelers fans want to go alot more then jets fans.

15. gustoonarmy

I agree with you. Home comes first.
    The point isn't directed at fans with genuine reasons.
    Going or not going to a football match doesn't make anyone a true fan. Ever sat next to someone whos constantly asking who players are?

16. hoobash

I would like to know of those in this thread bitching about steelers fans how many of you went to the game?? If you didnt go you have no right to bitch because you all could have done your part to set up and buy these tickets

17. hoobash

My buddy who has the tickets doesn't know many of the players but he gets out for a couple a games a year. It really takes all kinds

18. rillo

rillo New Member

I thought the Steelers were @ home.....Horrible.

But I'll take the win!

19. hoobash

Btw I have browns tickets and I thought about selling them but I really need to see my team 1 more time.

20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

As for Badger's point that season ticket holders have a right to sell their tickets but only to Jets fans, I disagree. I love the Jets. But, if I can make an extra $100 by selling my tix to a fan of the opposing team, I'm gonna do it. I'd rather have an extra $100.

And you can call me disloyal all you want for selling my tickets. I'm just as loyal as I feel like being and that means watching every shitty game no matter how poorly the Jets play. But I don't feel like showing up in the rain and cold to watch them after a 1-8 start. I could care less who fills the stands.