Moore to be with team for rest of season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JoeWillie130, Dec 7, 2011.

1. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Bottom line is if the team doesn't execute, it doesn't matter who is calling plays. Sanchez needs to get his head out of his ass. The line has been playing better, and hopefully that continues. Greene looks like he is banged up, but running hard. Our WR need to continue to get open, as they have been the past few weeks.

Defense needs to get us the ball more too

2. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I thought he was going to be with us. Whoops.

I really don't think he's going to be the next OC though, if he wanted to be a OC, he wouldn't have retired.

3. wildaces

wildaces Banned

God forbid our QB check out of that play.

4. wildaces

wildaces Banned

Good call!

5. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I am glad to! This way we can stop using our OC excuse for Sanchez.

6. DanR

DanR Active Member

What bothers me is how they are tip toeing/sugar coating around Schotty's feelings. Rex should've invited Moore a long time ago.

7. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

The thing with Schotty is that he is wildly inconsistent. And a lot of the time he gets in his own way. He is just average at best. Look at all the offenses he has led. AVERAGE. He consistently puts Sanchez in bad situations where a lot of QBs would fail. People try and defend Schotty by mentioning the line and the running game. But as an OC you have to adjust to that. There are ways that you can accommodate, and he fails miserably at that.

I understand trying to keep Sanchez in the same offense for the sake of his progression but at some point you have to move on. And i believe that time is after this season where Sanchez has a full off-season to learn the new offense.

8. BleednGreen

BleednGreen Member

[​IMG]

You cosign plays like these :rofl::rofl:

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Cause we are a run first team. Play action. Try to get the D to stack the box. If we ran outta 3wr 1rb 0fb 1te we would still have issues running. I believe there is a stat out there where we run better in I/strong/weak/goaline formations

Also I am excited to see what we look like down the stretch we have the Eagles, Giants, and Dolphins all who can put up #'s hopefully things start rolling

#49 Burnz, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  10. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

the first step in schottenheimers exit imo

11. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

http://www.jetnation.com/2011/12/08/mark-sanchez-on-tom-moore/

Red zone offense has pretty much been the most successful aspect of our offense this season. It is interesting to hear the Cavanaugh is the one Sanchez is giving credit to.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And Tom Moore as well.

Its interesting how when Moore got involved the RZ scoring went from 28th to 1st.

Yep, 1st.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Kick-ass news to wake up to right now.

14. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Here's the thing about that play that's in the video about 2 seconds into it, give or take abit, you see McKnight break back, he's WIDE OPEN 2 or 3 yards from the first down. Instead the ball gets delivered 2 seconds after that and is short of the first down as the receiver he does throw to is double covered. If you watch McKnight there is literrally noone within 5 yards of him in any direction and two yards from the first down. Number 32, who is covering McKnight is 7 yards away at the 42 1/2 yard line while McKnight is at the 36-36 1/2 yard line.

If Sanchez does a quicker read that play goes for atleast 5 yards, assuming McKnight catches the ball......

15. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Is this serious? Are we seriously first in red zone scoring efficiency?

I tried looking on the NFL site for stats but couldn't find it, but us being the #1 in anything, offensively, just seems so astonishing to me. I can't imagine it.

If we are, I kind of wonder also, how much Plax had to do with that, as well as Tom Moore.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He retired to take a break, he has already indicated he wants to be a OC again next year. That was reported a few weeks ago.

17. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Another example of a bad play design is Sanchez's second interception in the Jacksonville Jaguars game. Plaxico and Holmes and I believe Mason were in trips formation, going against 4 DB's. They all ran a 20 yard (estimate) comeback, and the safety was easily able to jump the route (since no one went deep from the formation) and pick off the pass.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Absolutely, that play is designed to deceive. if we have 3 WRs in the game that may clue them in to a pass. Buf defended it well, Sanchez made the mistale throwing it but it was a well designed play.

Interesting that when we get Burress we become a good RZ team too. There are many people involved w/ bringing that # up.

19. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Schottenheimer is a clown. The presence of Moore and the drastic change in RZ performance is proof positive. Schottenheimer can't scheme, has poor situational awareness and doesn't know how to attack other teams weaknesses.

Schottenheimer = checkers
    Moore = chess

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's fire Rex Ryan.