MLF

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JackBower, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I think we match up pretty well with the Bills... except at quarterback.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

One particular instance, when in 3rd and LONG.. when its almost always a draw play, empty backfield, eliminating ANY threat of a running play. I dunno, it just pissed me off.

3. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

He does the same thing (empty backfield) on third and short. It's frustrating as hell.
    He designs good plays but doesn't understand how/when to use them. Balance is not in his vocabulary. Hopefully he grows as a play caller.

4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

And OLine, Safety, and Punter.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... those too. :oops:

6. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

I am tired of Matt Lafleur calling plays that have no chance of succeeding on 3rd and long, and calling run plays when we are down 2 touchdowns I am not a fan of both him and Saleh. To bad they are a package deal one won't be fired until the other is fired. So both of them need to show they are totally incompetent to get fired by this organization. Both of them stink in my opinion and since they are practictly married one won't go without the other. You should never hire your best friend to be your offensive coordniator.

boozer32, Cman68 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You should create a thread about it.

8. george sakell

I supported him early in the season but this guy is a complete moron, you have the Lions stacking the box daring Zack to beat them and what does this guy do keep running it up the middle time and time again when its not working? You keep using Bam and only give 1 run to Michael Carter? Where is Ty Johnson he beasted 2 games ago so you don't use him the next 2 games? This game is a complete moron, he is not qualified to be a offensive coordinator besides him being the coaches buddy nothing qualifies him, he is brutal, he keeps doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

boozer32 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Do some drugs

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Ypu really should do a lot of drugs. Like don't overdose, but you can come close to it.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm not on the "Fire LaFleur Wagon", but he needs to take a hard look at his play book vs. the players and their skill sets. Aside from all the other things mentioned above, I still don't understand how he could begin the game with Zach using his legs and being successful, and then having him go to a drop back heavy scheme, especially with the way the OL was playing. For better or worse, Zach is much better when he's on the move than when he's asked to be more disciplined and trust his protection - which he doesn't, for good reason. In the long run he's going to have to learn how to be more of a drop back passer and learn how to work the pass pro better, but for now it's trying to force a round peg into a square hole the way MLF is calling plays for him.

And while MW does run the offense better in terms of yardage, I don't think LaFleur helps him as much as he could.

Saleh needs to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with LaFleur and get this fixed. Or if LaFleur refuses to adapt then yeah, he needs to go away.

12. george sakell

Mlf is here for as long as Saleh is, would you fire your best friend if you were his boss?

13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

An old business axiom... "Never hire someone you can't fire."

Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

In all fairness to Zach, MLF's playbook is neither ideal, nor tailored to fully optimize Zach's abilities. Remains to be seen if they can both compromise and meet somewhere in the middle. The only problem is that Zach is under such heavy lock and key that he may not even be capable of communicating to the CS what he may feel would improve his game. Or, Zach may be allowed to throw in his two cents, but the CS does not take him seriously. Hell, they don't even let the guy call a time out.

boozer32 likes this.
  15. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I wish JD would step in and fire this guy in the off-season. It doesn’t seem like he learns anything he just does the same thing over and over while expecting diff results it’s legit insanity. Oh well, let’s hope we can get this Oline done next year and not lose close games because of the inept O

boozer32 likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

At this point, I say they both go then. It's hard watching the Jets.

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

hypothetical trade: this offseason, Zak to Giants for Jones.
    whom do you think does better? Zak with Daboll, or Jones with Lafleur?.
    if your answer is Zak, then that tells you something, doesn't it?

18. boozer32

LeFleur must go. No way he comes back next year. If Salah doesn't fire him then they both need to go. They do not play to a QB strength. When Zach rolls out his accuracy is better and not under constant pressure. He made some good throws but the small o offensive coordination sabotage him with really lousy play calling

19. boozer32

Zach with Daboll

mr nyjet likes this.
  20. boozer32

Yes, I would. It's not personal it's business/professional

Ralebird likes this.