Mike White not cleared… Zach will start the Lions game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 16, 2022.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep! That's why every team has an All Pro at QB - they're so easy to pluck in any round of the draft.:rolleyes:

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Zach doesn't come back next year if he plays bad.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Go on and keep looking like a dick. It suits you.

4. ColoradoContrails

No matter how strenuously you make your predictions, it doesn't make them any more likely to come true.

bicketybam and cval like this.
  5. BrooklynJetsFan

#2 in passing yards since starting. Extrapolate MW playing a full season with a healthy OL. He's an All-Pro based at the run-rate.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  6. BrooklynJetsFan

True. It's my prediction. I could be wrong of course. Zach could lead us to the playoffs and beyond. I hope he does....for his sake.

7. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Zach isn’t suddenly going to see the field better after 3 weeks off. The game is still too fast for him. He might play good on Sunday but eventually he’ll revert back to his old self and fail. It’s inevitable

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

Just like he was "extrapolated" to be All Pro after the Cincy game last year. It doesn't work like that and you know it. For one thing did anyone "extrapolate" his injury? Lots of things that are unpredictable happen to throw any predictions out the window.

bicketybam and burf like this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't understand that logic that Zach can beat the Steelers, Packers, Dolphins, Broncos, and Bills, but the Jets are doomed because he can't beat the Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks and Dolphins? Doesn't really add up to me.

He is good enough to win all 4 of these upcoming games. No excuses. Will the offense be run differently? Yes. Will he throw for less yards than White? Probably. It is a team sport though. The Jets need to find a way to win.

As for optimism in Zach, I definitely believe he can play better than he has. He can't fix all his issues in 3 weeks, but his biggest issue was confidence. If he gained that back, he can succeed, even if he isn't the most accurate QB.

10. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And for the people who buy into the media noise... a little blurb, from one inside the media...
    (From Mark Cannizzaro of the Post tonite)...
    https://nypost.com/2022/12/16/zach-wilson-can-validate-jets-decision-on-career-defining-stage/

11. burf

burf Well-Known Member

They won the freakin' game... & no, not 6-3. He made every big play he needed to. The ONLY stat that means anything, obviously, is the win. All that matters is that the win was memorable... to some of us, at least.
    What's funny to me, is that when White loses 2 games, it's because of the OL, etc...
    When Zach wins, it's despite him... even though he played with the same OL...
    The way to the playoffs is winning, not stats.
    If the Jets win on Sunday, & Zach's stats look bad... I'll be a happy camper.
    If they lose a shootout 38-35, & Zach throws 5 TDs 0 INTs, with 350 yards passing, & 57 yards rushing... I'll be pissed.

bicketybam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Blocking schemes are for run plays

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Defense and/or Breece won those games. We were winning in spite of Zach.

It’s not a confidence problem with him. The game just moves too fast for him and his processing speed isn’t good. I don’t think it’s something that can be fixed with him.

#253 Get me the Damn Ball, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  14. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

You don't draft a QB 2nd overall to say it's a team sport someone else should pick up the slack. He should be the reason we win not someone else.

The Dark Knight and Acad23 like this.
  15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think he can do it.

I think White is the better QB at this moment (assuming glued back together rib) but this is a team game and we need both these guys. White picked up the slack nicely there when Wilson obviously needed at best a little break for a few weeks. Now hopefully Zach can come back fully prepared with a fresh outlook and harness a little of his potential.

I'll be shocked and horrified if Wilson is a disaster on Sunday. I'm expecting some enthusiastic laser beam throws and at reasonable worse he'll be "OK"

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It goes both ways though. Is the point. You can't knock Mike White and defend Zach Wilson under the same umbrella. Doesn't add up.

They have both been proven to have a knack for catching the injury bug.

#256 IIMeanDeanII, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  17. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Oh come on. Keep him in there and go down in a blaze of glory with your flag flying.

Think how much worse it'll be as a Jets fan when you don't play GW and Zach finds him 7 or 8 times for 130 yards and 2 TDs.

18. BrooklynJetsFan

That doesn't work at this point in the season. You have to score points. Our defense will wear down as the season plays on, and offensives usually perform better especially running games to wear down your D.

Why do you think the Titans stall every time in the playoffs? You have to eventually score points.

No way you can believe Zach scores more than 27 pts to beat Vikings or even 20 points to beat the Bills in Buffalo when he could barely throw in New England.

It was clear Zach was regressing once Breece Hall was injured and not available anymore.

19. ColoradoContrails

Thanks!

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

If you think Zach Wilson Is the reason we won those games, then we can have this debate. Otherwise, you answered your own question.

This Is a TEAM sport. We won as a team despite the poor play at QB.

It's very possible, just not probable, to win a lot of games with a below average QB.

His biggest issue Is playing the QB position within all that It entails. It's a laundry list of fundamental flaws, mental flaws, maturity flaws.... then because of those flaws, It has clearly fucked up his physical traits that everyone was drooling over pre-draft.

This.. 5-2 narrative gets old. It doesn't make sense.

Again. I hope the kid puts It all together within the 3 weeks he's had for his "reset". I just highly doubt It.