Mike White not cleared… Zach will start the Lions game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 16, 2022.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And anyone suggesting that he can just put a flak jacket on and play has obviously never had seriously hurt - or broken - ribs.

azhar80, KY Jets Fan, cval and 2 others like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Zach should wear one on Sunday.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is a good point. After watching how shitty our OL was last week, yeah, that's not going to make life any easier on ZW.

I don't like the feel going Into this game at all. Fuck..

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Agreed but Streveler should be the #2.
    We already know we can’t win a game with Flacco so there is no upside.

azhar80, NY Jets68 and Borat like this.
  5. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

I think u r missing my point. I am not saying Zach is a better qb than is mike, only that he has been able to stay on the field for much longer stretches than mike has been able to do so far.

the post concerns being able to play, has nothing to do with how well either guy is playing.

azhar80 and bicketybam like this.
  6. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Hollywood couldn't have written a better script. Zach comes back to face one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL. The Lions give up more than 400 total yards per game on average, but have a top 5 offense. It pretty much all will come down to Zach, the defense should be able to moderately contain them. Can Zach put to together 5 or 6 scoring drives?

azhar80 likes this.
  7. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Mike is the one saying he can play, I only suggested a flak jacket to get doctors clearance.

ouchy likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No one should be making statements about how easy this game will be, or that Detroit's "D" isn't very good. They said Minny's "D" wasn't very good either. Detroit has improved a lot, and they have at least as big a chip on their shoulder as we do for being the doormats of the NFL for so long.

Yes, Zach will have to play a solid, if not very good, mistake free game, but the OL is going to have play much better, and the running game is going to have to be much better, and MLF' play calling is going to have to be much better. So, not all on ZW, although many will spin that narrative.

Nyjets4eva, Borat and cval like this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

OLine was abysmal shit all year. Aside from CMD and AVT, everyone stunk. Once AVT got hurt, we've had one above average player on OLine, and even AVT played out of position a lot. Herbig, Mitchell, etc, exceeded expectations, but in absolute sense are very marginal players. Laken just shit the bed massively after signing big contract, and Brown and Fant simply disappointed.

The same thing that happened to Mike would have happened to Zach if he stayed in the pocket, which is why he was running away all this time at the first sign of trouble. Mike's got brass balls and lasted 3 games, and honestly, looking back I am surprised it wasn't 2 with the hits he took against Minny. Let's hope with the bullet proof vest that hopefully they will put on Zach he can have confidence stay in the pocket a bit longer to make some throws.

azhar80 likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

I don't think many of us that truly just want good QB play, care. I will give him credit bad defense, good defense, doesn't matter. Just be a professional QB that looks like they belong. Beat up on a weak defense and get the win. Most of us will be more than happy for that outcome.

Borat and papapump like this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

I don't think I would go that far. I'd love to see the numbers though, I don't have them and don't pay a subscription for It.

However. From my film study, eye test, etc...

I think the OL has held up admirably most the year. Last week, against the Bills, probably the worst game I have seen from the OL all year.

Otherwise. I think they've played really solid overall. Especially with all the Injuries and constant OL musical chairs. It's been incredible to watch overall. If I'm honest.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good for Zachary

13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Reading this thread, I've realized that I had a hallucination several weeks ago. I imagined that the Jets beat the Bills, & Zach played probably his best game as a Pro. And that was right after he played poorly, against the Pats.
    Obviously, reading this thread, it never happened. /s

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It was completely medical. He saw ten doctors to get cleared. They all said no.

#214 LAJet, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I honestly don’t care if he throws for 80 yards if we win the game no the O has no turn overs.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

From PFF perspective, CMG #6 C in the League. Max #67, Fant #74, Brown #61 Tackle. Herbig #36 G, Laken #64.

To me, this seems about right. CMG played well, Herbig perhaps average, and others dog shit, including all tackles. If you look at Detroit Oline in comparison, they have 5 top rated guys. Mike was a trooper to stand in there with these guys protecting him, and he paid the price. Zach ran at first sign of trouble, and given what happened to Mike, can we really blame him? That's one thing where the Jets failed Zach and Mike - to give them a good offensive line. On paper it looked decent before the season, but with Becton and AVT out, Fant and Brown playing hurt, and Laken dropping like a sack of shit that he is, it just didn't work out that way.

azhar80 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The bold is the gospel truth. Biggest issue with Zach is trusting what he sees

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

ATM doctors only have the ability to forcefully bench a player for head and neck injuries.

What is happening here is they are not clearing White for contact, and the coaches are deferring to them. They can say its because its potentially life threatening, but players, especially QBs, have played with cracked ribs a lot. If its truly being treated as a medical, life threatening situation, then White's year is basically done. Cracked ribs wont fully heal in two weeks. There is no reasonable place to draw a line here.

Also, if he us being forcefully benched by doctors for cracked ribs, its a first in the NFL. This has to be a coaches decision. Not a league decision. Or a new rule has been created.

19. burf

burf Well-Known Member

-OR-
    Based on what's been happening, my current read is that, maybe, Saleh knows some things about White, as far as being injury-prone-ish, having a slight build. Or, how his immobility in the current NFL -- Saleh obviously wanted a mobile QB -- could be a future negative within their scheme. There's a reason, other than Zach was #2, that they chose Zach over White for starter. White's a good QB, but is he a fit for the O they're trying to build?
    I honestly doubt there is anyone, in the Jets organization, who favors one QB over the other, based on draft status. They want to win, & whoever can get them there (that's not named Strev...), they're all in. Once White was in, he was the Guy. And now, Zach is the Guy. Zach will make a statement either way. If he is the guy, we're gonna see some serious glimpses on Sunday. Whether he's able to do it for 60mins, who knows?
    Bottom line, we're gonna learn how big Zach is on Sunday.
    Mr Zach, time to scream out, 'I am the Guy!'

20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Name calling. Awesome I liked your halfwit politics posts. Do go back. You really shined there.

#220 bicketybam, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022