Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I never said we had a great D or anything like it. We have a new system and players (for the most part) that are able to mask the personnel's deficiencies with the attacking schemes to keep the opposing defenses - no matter how potent their weapons - in check for the most part.

The Jets got out-coached and out-played on defense in 3 games. They are definitely not great. But they are very good, and getting better.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

You do not get to be the #1 overall defense by being terrible. This defense as a team has lost three games on the season as opposed to three coming down to offensive problems, special teams problems, or the play of one horribly inept safety. First in overall, first in points allowed, first in yds/game, first against the pass, first in three-and-outs, and first against first downs. Those numbers include the game against the Patriots who are supposed to be one of the most prolific offenses of this decade, they include the Saints who might be better than the Patriots at their peak. We have a great defense.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You do know there is something between terrible and great. This is far from a terrible defense and it's not far from a great defense but it isn't a great defense.

4. CatoTheElder

Still disagreeing with you. It is a great defense. Losing Jenkins threw the team into a bit of a mess but everyone is clicking now with the rotation on the DL. We are one pass rushing OLB and one healthy secondary away from being world beaters. The fact that this defense was able to keep the team in so many of the games it lost until the last minute, despite all of the offensive blunders, puts this defense at an elite level for me.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

In the last 4 games we faced one NFL caliber QB and he shreded us. You may be right but I have to see this D play great against a competent NFL O without Jenkins before I agree.

6. CatoTheElder

Fair point.:up:

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

There aren't many guys who can do what Welker can, but you make a good point.

8. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

The Jags and Mia games were brutal, but the defense has essentially won the last 3 games, and a few others throughout the course of the season....and mostly without Jenkins........they are certainly top 5.

9. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

On that note, can't see them rushing Matt Ryan back to face the Jets. Not sure if he'll play, but let's face it, if Chris Redman starts, it will be a huge advantage for us.

Also, Michael Turner apparently needs one more week as well.

10. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

Using a half of football to rail against the Jets D is like using a snowy day to "disprove" global warming. Look at the whole sample, folks. This isn't hard.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

If people keep saying the Jets D is good and not great im gonna be pissed. All you have to ask is name 3 teams that are better. Other then the Broncos I wouldnt really know who you could argue

12. Brian McFan

Brian McFan Member

It might be easier to name a "couple" teams on par with the Jets, but I can't name any right now that are better.

Bronocs, Ravens, and at times, Green Bay play steady defense, but none of them dominate like the Jets.

13. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You can get pissed if it helps..but the bottom line is that this is a rare year without a true dominating defense. It happens. The problem is that our offense has been so horrible at certain points of the season...it really doesnt matter how great the defense is. Turn over the ball more then 4 times in as many games as we have....forget it.

Im really not sure why you are about to get pissed at what Im about to say. Before greatness you have to be flat out good. You do not wake up great.

With that said..the Jets, at times, have been very very good defensively. At times..they have folded like a cheap tent against average offenses. Thats part of the growing pains.

I think some around here have a tough time accepting that because our head coach told anyone that would listen that we are great now. That was his mistake. Its coming...

14. jaybny

jaybny Banned

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

i get pissed cus i go to school in jersey where everyones giants fans and until very recently :lol: i had to hear how the giants d was so much better and how the jets pass D is good but their run D is terrible. Its true their run d isnt as good as their pass but without jenks they have done pretty damn good. And yea I know this is a year without a last years Ravens or Steelers type D.

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

deep down francesa knows the Jets are the best defense in the NFL

he just doesn't like admitting it because he hates the arrogance of Rex and the defense. he doesn't want to give them that title.

17. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I keep thinking about how much better it can get. Imagine if they had a top notch pass rusher. Speaking of which, can we cut Gholston after this year?

18. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

My dad was a giants fan...my brother is a giants fan. My friends are mostly all giant fans.

No need to explain...I now follow where you were coming from :beer:

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It is scary to think about it, Rex said a lot of the players now are finally get a feel for where they're supposed to be and when their teammates are.

As they're in the system longer they'll just get better and better.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I watch this fool just to see how he can find any way to brag about the giants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.