Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

One thing with all the credit going to Rex who I think has a good scheme. If this team hadn't blown a few games we would have a legitimate MVP candidate on our team right now who Rex Ryan had little to do with. Revis right now is one of the most dominating defensive players in the NFL. A dominating player like that with good talent around him should make for a top defense.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Suprised he has time to talk football, that with the Yankees not having the number five spot on their Single A team filled out yet. That needs to be discussed

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

4. 624

624 Banned

[​IMG]

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

7. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

As much as I hate Rhodes, that play was Revis's fault. He had man on Ginn while Rhodes was covering Camarillo over the middle. Yes, our lord is fallible.

8. 624

624 Banned

[​IMG]

Edit: New pic

#1028 624, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

No doubt about it. And Baltimore's D isn't exactly how it was. Call it age, and losing Bart and Leohnard, but Rex and his exotic blitzes are missing with this new guy, even players havhad rumbles earlier in the year right?

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pettine said it was 1/4 zone and Ginn split the seam on the zone perfectly and beat the coverage.

So if Ginn was in between the quarters zone, then its a half and half blame. But since Rhodes is the safety and he's a douche, we'll put full blame on him.

That picture is only 30% correct. Its escape from Revis Island by way of Kerry Ferry... it rhymes because Kerry Rhodes is a douche.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Mattison doesn't call the same attacking blitzes Ryan did. He plays more of a base 3-4, and the players have expressed they'd like to go back to attacking the way they did. Reed has been out for a few games too. He does make a big difference for them. But Mattison is no Rex Ryan.

ryan really was the 1st DC to make a difference there. Lewis, Nolan, and Singletary didn't have the impact Rex did.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And to think there is a draft loaded with 3-4 talent right around the corner.... god help those QBs next year.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Posting this pic should be a banable offense. Fuck it, permaban forthcoming ...

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Thats not what Winston was saying at all. He was pointing out that the losses the Ravens had that year...the defense played well enough to win. Look at those scores.

I have to agree with Winston here...the Jet defense is starting to get it...but there have been times, like most GOOD defenses...that they dropped the ball in crucial times.

For those that want to dismiss the Dolphin and Jag game...well...when we are watching at least one of them play in the playoffs...its going to be pretty hard to swallow. Those were not tough drives they beat us on..they were dominating fold the tent drives.

15. 624

624 Banned

Haha I was thinking that as I posted it but you posted a Tedd Ginn pic too so I thought it would be fine... I'm sure Revis will punish me in a way he chooses.

I added a new picture too.

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Yes the defense blew leads against the Dolphins and Jags, but the real scapegoat this season is Schotty. The Jets have the best defense and running game in the NFL, plus a rookie QB who came out a year early. Yesterday's game plan should have been the game plan every game.

As Br4dw4y5ux said in the Schotty as HC thread:

"Schottenheimer is very unlikely to get a job offer as HC anywhere next year. The Jet's offense is the reason the team is not going to make the playoffs and in particular the Buffalo game which he woefully miscalled.

All he had to do in the wind and rain against Buffalo was run the clock out and the Jets would have squeaked out with a win. The failure to do that probably cost Schottenheimer any real opportunity at a head coaching job next year.

The Jets will move on anyway is my guess. There's always a scapegoat in NY and he's looking like a great one right now because he's at least partly to blame for what happened this season."

That has been the problem way more than the defense. The Jets have the #1 defense without Jenkins and without a pass rush. A pass rush is what stops teams from scoring late in games. Ryan's schemes and game planning have been great.

17. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I did hear that call as well. When he was thinking of answer he tried not to give the Jets their due and threw by saying there aren't that many good defensive teams this year. I dont really know how that affects the Jets D. Besides the 1st Miami Game, and the first and last drive against Jacksonville they have played well this year. Another thing that Francessa said was that the Jets would get to 10-6 but wouldn't make the playoffs.

18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

And the offense blew chunks for 3 quarters of the jack game, but lets blame the D anyway....:lol:

19. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

To me, top 5 isn't good enough. Name 4 defenses better than this team's. It's difficult. I can't think of more than one or two. Broncos? Packers?

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.