Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yes...

Mind you now, the Jets need a lot of things to break for them to be close to where the Mets are now, and to what I think could happen for the Mets....

....Which I'm not even gonna say, lol...;)

Except that the Mets are the better team and I don't know how the Jets could improve to their level. The Jets need stuff to go bad for other teams...

Or Fitz to have a Supernatural Awakening like Murph :)

I'm a Believer!

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Burnz and Walt White like this.
  3. Walt White

Fitz MAGIC!!

Poeman and Burnz like this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

My brother just called me from JFK....... on his way to Wrigley!

LETS GO METS!

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

people bashing the mets because they were not that good in april/may/june

summing up reasons why that doesn't hold water

Syndergaard joined the Mets May 12.

Cespedes joined the Mets in August.

Clippard joined the Mets at the end of July.

Reed joined the Mets on August 30.

Matz pitched once in June, once in July, and four times in September.

Wright missed virtually all of April-August.

d'Arnaud missed significant time

Conforto came up after the AS break

The Mets of August/September/October are a vastly different team than the Mets from the beginning of the season.

#4486 Yisman, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Burnz, dawinner127 and Walt White like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is a great post. I got into a huge argument with some schmuck on Facebook over this. He kept insisting the mets couldn't compete with the 'elite' teams in the NL.. The Dodgers Cardinals pirates and Cubs because of their bad record vs the NL central teams..

The mets were 0-3 vs NL CENTRAL teams after the acquisition of cespedes. They lost two of 3 in extras and one got ugly due To bullpen and errors. Those 3 came against Pittsburgh. Other than that they hadn't played any other NL central teams.

I'm sure that 0-7 record vs the Cubs means a lot right now in the middle of October, huh?? Up 2-0 with our ace on the bump tonight vs their #3!

SIX MORE WINS !!!!

7. Walt White

Nobody on earth knew ahead of time how some of the unknowns would evolve as the season progressed. Thankfully Sandy didn't overreact and kept his cool. He kept to the plan and didn't change anything to upset the future make up of the team

So when the media was spewing and blubbering about the pitching and lack of hitting, and killing the team, they were clueless about the pitching staff months before that. That and the injuries that really killed them.

Considering how quickly the pitching staff came together, and the injuries, this came together more quickly than anyone could have imagined.
    But, you could see it was coming....That fast was incredible tho. It was just a matter of time

Losing their closer Mejia, and how Familia would fare?

Harvey's return from TJ?

Syndergaard's rapid maturity?

Matz bursting on the seen. Further showing what was the strength of the organization

Grandy reinventing himself at lead off and being such a key

d'Arnaud proving he was a complete player

8. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Mets to give Murph a qualifying offer of 15.8 million...With this postseason I doubt he takes it. He'll want a multi-year deal for security for his family

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sandy and the Wilpons were basically pushed by the fans and the press to make moves and compete. Everyone was begging them to make deals for bats because we had the pitching to win. No one reasonable wanted them to trade one of our starting pitchers. The Mets lineup featured sometimes 3 or 4 below .200 hitters. If no trade deadline deals the Mets would have been in the same situation as previous years. They should have done it much earlier. It didn't cost them that much either. And Sandy did a great job. But in previous years he didn't. Instead of making trades for MLB bats his plan was to keep inside the organization to bring up bats. It didn't work.

10. Walt White

Lol...A lot of fans just go by a what loud mouth in the media says and don't know what they're looking at. Of course he'd never admit he's wrong. Going by happened in the past was stupid if you had a clue about the teams then and now.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Walt White

If Sandy went by what some fans say and what the media says the team wouldn't be where they are now, and he would've been fired. Lol

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sandy and the Wilpons did a terrible job before the end of July this year. Not just because they didn't spend enough money but when they did spent it poorly. We had 4 straight years of mediocrity and a team with no balance. Finally they used their minor league org to do what other successful teams do: make trades for MLB players. And Sandy this time made smart trades. But still no excuse for the previous 4 seasons.

#4493 pclfan, Oct 20, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  13. Walt White

Oh sure terrible. What Sandy did the last 4 years was waste everyone's time, and he suddenly came out of his senility when heard some voices . He decided to get to work and stop wasting 4 years fukn around. That had nothing to do with where the organization is poised to be right now, in the present. Terrible work by Sandy, DePodesta, Ricco, and Ricciardi. Let's focus on that, and imagine, if he listened to some fans and the media, where he be...playing golf

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You guys read that the Madoff money was discovered in the hands of the window of his lawyer who killed himself.

She handed over $7.2 billion dollars...Yes billion. Anyone with at least $1.1 Million will get their money back 100%. Anyone who gave more which I bet the Wilpons did will get back .61 cents on the dollar...Which is good now after this many years.

They have to cut the bullshit for their fans and get this done

15. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Come on boys, let get the crowd out of it fast.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

killer caught stealing, could've been a big inning

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Cespedes drives in Wright!

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

What the fuck was that by schwarber

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

As bad as Duda has been statistically I still think he's not swinging at the bad pitches like he was earlier this season. I know pretty hard to say when he's struck out 13 times in the post season. He was just under that pitch that he popped up to the left fielder. I think Ripken said something interesting, too. How his Ks have been against good pitchers. He is due to break out of it.