MERGE: Playoff Reassess -- Help me out here.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by steviep, Dec 24, 2006.

1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

steviep: I am with you. I could care LESS how we get in, it's MEANINGLESS the second we're in. "Backing in" means nothing to me. GETTING IN does.

With that said, let's win 2 in a row and end this same old jets crap.

2. bartontotheprobowl06

Lets just win out so non of this matters

3. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

if we blow tommorrow night we dont deserve to get in.period....and we get bumped the first game........disciplined aggresssive smart play tommorrow...and we will have a hell of an exciting next 2 weeks...good teams win when they HAVE TO.....the rest dont

4. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Long story short, 8-8 doesn't work in the AFC. We need some help to get in at 9-7, so next week we're also Steeler, 49er, Chief and Titan fans. Also, unless we win this week, Cincy and Denver are the two teams that control their own destiny, both at home against sub .500 teams. That greatly hurts the prospects of us getting in at 9-7.

5. steviep

steviep Active Member

Remember -- we are talking about the dolphin game not the raiders. Dolphins beat NE 21-0. Dolphins should have tied us. THis is not a "taking care of business game." This will be very hard.

The Raider game is a "no excuses" game.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Totally agree steve.

This game has tough written all over it. The only thing that is more dangerous then a team that needs a win to get in the playoffs is a team that has been eliminated...thinks they are better than you...in your division..and a rival..at their stadium..on national tv. This is the dolphins playoff game. This is their biggest game of the year...this is their last chance to shine and get revenge and kill our playoff chances.

I expect a very solid effort from them. The only thing that can take them out of the game is another poor performance by Harrington..the Jet fans in attendance being heard loud and clear..and the dolphin fans turning on the team early.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes but if the forecast is right & rain is coming for the game knowing blow holes fans pretty good from living there they will stay home so the stadia may wind up being a NYJ crowd tonite

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

That might be too good to be true. I can already hear the announcers say "can you believe how many Jet fans are here?"

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

The best was giving the Jets chants behind the blow holes bench after there fans had left the stadia allowing us NYJ fans to go to the better seats. Once a Dolphin player turn around & gave us the bird. That was the BEST!

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

In case anyone is still confused, here is the official word from the NFL:

Remarkably enough, the Jets can lose tonight and tie next week, and still get in at 8-7-1, although it would take such a string of unlikely events that it's pretty close to impossible.

11. pakijet

pakijet New Member

so basicially to get in we need to win both of the two remaining games, without any help and where in..what seed to we get then the 5th or 6th

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

We get the 5th seed if we win our 2 games and Denver loses against SF.

We get the 6th seed if we win our 2 games and Denver wins against SF.

Denver has a strong AFC Conf record.

13. pakijet

pakijet New Member

do you tink Denver is going to lose to San Francisco..there is a chance..the niners are laying soem good football even though they lost to Arizona...

14. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Since Denver/SF is a 4:00 game (West coast), I suppose if Denver has the playoffs somehow clinched after the 1:00 games, they may rest a lot of their starters, and it could be more possible.

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I doubt Denver loses at home, they will try to get on SF early and pile it up on them so they can rest their starter for a half or something.

We need to hope Frank Gore gets wild on Denver and the 49er Shaky D starts to wake up and make Cutler for what he is: A Rookie. I doubt that happens though.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Amazingly, the Jets can even get the 5th seed if they split the next two games, if KC, NE, Pitt, and SF win next week, although they can also be eliminated completely if they don't win both.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/jetsstandings.html

17. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Wow. that's the first time I'm going to that website. It's completely awesome!!