Mel Kiper Mock on Sportscenter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Apr 9, 2006.

1. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

D'Brick
    Kendall
    Mangold
    Moore
    Jones

#21 dwalsh, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2006
  2. GreenMachine

ha! You are kidding, right?:lol:

3. nyjets2823

nyjets2823 Member

yo copy my avator aight man it was the best i could do

4. dwalsh

its amazing

5. nyjets2823

nyjets2823 Member

np bro anytime

6. dwalsh

you like it?

7. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

I was dead set against taking DBrick at the beginning. But now since I heard he has added weight and still fast Im all for it. I would love Mangold at 29 and I think Carpenter will fall to us in rd 2. That would be a great way to start a draft, the kid is a beast.

8. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Its hard to object to those picks, because we have a serious need for both of those players. The only thing Id say is that if one of the top tailbacks is available at 29(Deangelo Williams in a perfect world, Id even trade up ten spots or so to get him, but Laurence Maroney at 29 seems a lot more likely to happen), Id take them before taking Mangold. A center could easily slide a few picks into the second, but theres usually a run on halfbacks at the top of the second round, and I expect that to be the case again this year.

For those who say we dont need a LT because we have Jones, Jones has already started games on both sides, and Ferguson could probably do the same(Ive heard nothing to suggest that hes one of those guys who will only play one side, and hes got the size to succeed on the right). Picking Ferguson gives us a pair of athletic young tackles to build around, add a guy like Mangold who everybody says is a sure thing to be a top center, maybe find a guy in the middle rounds who tips the scales around 330 to unseat Kendall(not necessarily right away, but we do need some beef in our line), and all of a sudden weve got a nice running game again.

9. Cant argue w/ that mock in terms of value. They may not be our 2 most glaring needs, but they will certainly help the team and they are very good players.

10. minexdy1013

minexdy1013 New Member

2 lineman in round 1: No. But with the #4 pick: you should.

A QB is not the wise choice here at #4.

What's the point of getting a QB when you can't even protect him to begin with? Unless he sits on the sidelines and watches the team crumble at the seams....he'll be running around that o line like a chicken without a head or passing arm at that....

11. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Lookign at a mock like this makes the arguement against taking Brick much stronger. Notice that neither McNeill or Winston were drafted in the 1st round! We would have a choice of them at 29? That would be perfect. Either one of those guys would suit our needs perfectly. You might even hold out hope that one slips to 35.

Sure Brick is far and away better than those two. But comparing where they'd be drafted I'd call it a push. Think - Brick @ 4 or McNeill/Winston @35

Total No brainer for a team with so many needs.

#31 Imagesrdecieving, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  12. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

McNeil/Winston at 35 would be MUCH better value than Brick at 4, and they can both play RT, which we need more than a LT.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Unless we have a Left Handed QB LT is a much bigger need in my opinion. Send Jones back to RT or the bench for all I care. He is not the one I want protecting whoever is our QB's blindside

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It's a good thing I'll be in California the week before the draft. I won't have to read all the speculation here.

15. Hazardous Waters

I hope either Williams or Hawk goes with the #4 pick. I agree with his next pick however.

16. lebojets

lebojets New Member

Mangold is a good pick at 29, but they wont go in that direction. They will either sign Trey Teague or give Katnick anf=d Missant chancrs of winning the job. They might have to use the 29th pick on a tackle after they select Williams or hawk at 4.

17. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Please just get a RB other then Lendale White. This guy is looking worse everyday and shouldnt even be mentioned in the first round, lets not make another stupid mistake in the draft and remember it for years to come like drafts were before parcells came.

18. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

This is the tackle that I would love to get. He would be the reason for trading down and then to get Mangold at #29???

Awesome!.

Jones-Kendall-Mangold-Moore-Justice. 4 of them would be there for the next 5 years. Then we would just have to look for Kendalls replacement.

19. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

your talkin about 3 rookie Olinemen like they are actually going to make an imediate impact... We needed to fix that in the offseason.

20. lightning

lightning Active Member

thats what they said about you guys and the giants....