McElroy to start Sunday vs San Diego

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyThaJet, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The sad part about McElroy not dressing last night was Rex had 6 wide receivers active for the first time ever. A decision he'd like to have back.

As far as the #2 QB next week, I can't see how Rex would put mark on the bench with all the hecklers he'd have to deal with for the entire game. It'd truly be brutal.

2. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

3. Flyboy

Flyboy Active Member

Now he does it?! Rex is a douche. He should have went with McElroy right after the Arizona game. But now it's too late.

Ah, well, at least we get to see what this kid has when it matters most, so bring it on!

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

also again I must ask : WHY IS TEBOW A JET?????????? Hes number 2 so you are going to bump the 1 and the 2 for a 3? Bray Bray continues to be right.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao this team has no direction or any clue what they are doing. How did we get to the AFCCG?

6. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

I'm not gonna be mean and say Melcroy is gonna flat out suck but he won't play better than Sanchez next week. u haters are in for a rude awakening, people gonna clamor for sanchez to come back at half time

7. PayDirt

PayDirt New Member

Sparano needs to go and Rex needs to not be so stubborn. A QB change should have been made a long long time ago.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

SD defense doesnt give too sh!ts so I dont see that happening.

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If he turns the ball over once, that would have been leaps and bounds better than Sanchez has this season.

10. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

When you invest massive amounts of money into a top 5 pick you have to see if he can play his way out of slumps. He didn't and he was benched. All the people saying McElroy should have been starting since the Arizona game fail to get this. Rex has NOTHING to worry about, he will still be here long after Sanchez and Tannenbaum, and I think he understood that. He was trying to boost Sanchez's confidence and get him out of the slump, and see if he had anything left. It was NEVER about the playoffs this year.

Now is the right time to start McElroy and see if he has ANYTHING to offer this team. If he doesn't dazzle with his numbers or he flat out sucks then we know we need to get a QB worth a damn. Anyway, my 2 cents.

11. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Rex did the right thing. I don't think he was expecting Sanchez to play THIS poorly after being benched. Hell, I wasn't. And I am far from Sanchez's number one fan.

12. jetiron

jetiron New Member

I think it was more about playing Sanchez because he is owed too much money and moving away from him meant Rex and Tanny would have to answer questions about why they extended Sanchez' contract after Arizona's game. Not that Rex+Tanny could avoid the question today because Sanchez continue to suck every week, but as many sports writer pointed out and I agree, playing sanchez was more about protecting Rex+Tanny's butts from PR beat down and perhaps Woody. I don't think it was anything to do with building Sanchez confidence at all, this is week 14 and Sanchez isn't a rookie anymore...it is about protecting Rex+Tanny's own interests.

13. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I suppose Tebow's better late in the game so if McElroy shits the bed, Tebow mops up and maybe pulls a rabbit out of his hat.
    That is, if McElroy doesn't just take the job and run with it. Makes decent sense.

14. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

I can't see Tebow sticking around here next year after this years Sanchez circus.

There's nothing to play for in this game. It's a meaningless game so I don't think Tebow is all that interested in it.

See what McElroy can do for next year because Tebow is leaving anyway.

15. 46Defense

46Defense New Member

LOL, Mark Sanchez.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

To be honest I think it's in their best interest to pass over Tebow. If Tebow comes out and wins games, there is going to be an insane about of "if the Jets started Tebow they would have made playoffs" nonsense.

Just stick to it and let him continue to sit.

17. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think you are Mark Sanchez. No matter what McElroy does, nobody will be begging for Sanchez. Sanchez is HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, and HORRENDOUS. This has nothing to do with McElroy. If Sanchez didn't blow so hard we wouldn't even be having this discussion, and this thread wouldn't exist.

It's time to remove your head from Mark's ass and come to grips with reality.

18. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

You have to marry him first.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hopefully he is leaving but you realize it's not his choice, right?

20. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

McElroy looked pretty terrible in his first start, hopefully he can improve (a lot) with some time to prepare.