Marquice Cole in for Drew Coleman?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeDevito, Jan 3, 2011.

1. fcpiii

fcpiii New Member

Aside from Brohm being the quarterback, KW actually got his head turned around and looked for the ball. This is something our DB's have not done all year....it seemed like some tehnique was there....

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Well, no one here is saying Cole proved himself on those two plays alone. I have noticed him at other times, and do not recall him getting torched.

This could all prove a fantasy, but at least yesterday I was watching and thinking, you know just maybe Cole and Wilson may ratchet it up and be able to make less of a weakness the nickel and dime packages, where opponents attack others than Revis and Cromartie.

It was a nice feeling. For a change.

3. surviveone

surviveone New Member

Nickel is the hardest position on the Defensive side of the ball. Who the NFL's greatest nickel back of all time??????THERE is none! A great nickel back is a #1 or#2 Corner. Nickel backs have to worry about the WR going inside and out where the Corner only 1 way. The nickels success is largely dependent upon help from linebackers and safeties. With that being said,I think Rex will make adjustments and put the right people in the right places.
    Go Jets!

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I think Coleman has to get first crack though. If he's getting burnt, we have more reason to sub Cole or Wilson in there. But Coleman is a sound tackler, he's physical, and he gets after the football, forcing a lot of fumbles coming off the edge.

I don't think Wilson or Cole would do that much better of a job in coverage, so I like having Coleman's playmaking in there. If he's getting toasted, by all means, give someone else a shot. But I like the way he plays.