Mark Sanchez is indeed a franchise QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LolTolhurst, Jan 23, 2011.

1. rdhstlr23

rdhstlr23 New Member

Dolphins fan here...I come in peace!

Mark Sanchez played really well today. He seems to be a guy that fits the offenses capabilities really well. Plus, he has a knack for playing well in big games which is what you love to see.

There is no comparison to Henne. He's a better and it isn't close. However, I don't know if he's great. I don't know if he'll ever be a "great"/All-Pro type QB. He needs to be more consistent. I don't know if he'll ever be a guy to wing it around 40 times s game either.

What is fact is that he's a really good QB for your team. He's very good with the running game the Jets possess. He has moxy and instincts on the field. And, most importantly, the guy is a bona-fide winner. Plus, he's young and can only get better.

2. Gopats453

Gopats453 New Member

Sanchez is a QB on the rise, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. He is a good QB heading towards being a really good/great QB with experience. The fact that he steps up in the bigger games is something to look forward to. He has a bright future.

3. mystikol

mystikol New Member

The guy had no time to throw all game, got absolutely hammered, and still played an amazing game, brought this team to the brink, and had a 100+ QB rating.

And he's 24. And he's had a real shot 2 straight years in the AFCCG. The guy is legit.

4. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

No doubt Sanchez is a playoff game winning QB. Can he ascend even higher by winning a Superbowl; I hope so. I know the future is bright, but nothing in the NFL is guaranteed (ask Dan Marino). There is a window of opportunity that must be exploited while we have a good team. Does he need even more help on offense? With all the talent on offense why do the Jets start off so slowly? Or play down to the competition.

I hope this franchise makes personnel moves to get past the AFC Championship game. Getting to said game, obviously, should not be the goal. Winning the Superbowl after a 41 year drought should be the goal and drafting players that will help realize that goal. This is all been said before, but, man I hate saying one more year. Will I see a another New York Jet Superbowl in my lifetime (I am 46)?

#44 dstewstar, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  5. Montana

Montana Member

Sanchez completed 17 of 24 passes (71%), with two TD's after he almost got his arm ripped off by Ike Taylor.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Mark Sanchez is this franchise. I've never been happier to say that.

7. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

Question for Jetfans: If NYJ were to can Schotty and hire a new OC, do you think that would impede on Sanchez's progress since he's had the same OC both years? He's clearly improved from one year to the next, but the playcalling still seems questionable at times.

8. CatoTheElder

Depends on who they hire. If they go internally and hire either Cavanaugh or Callahan, then probably not. If they hire someone from outside the organization, then maybe. Sanchez is smart, he'll be able to pick up a new offense. Hopefully he'll get one with better route options. I'm tired of seeing two WRs right next to each other.

9. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is the only thing keeping me from jumping right now. His play this offseason was impressive especially today with zero help In The running game and making plays in obvious pass situations against a tough d.

10. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

Agreed, an inside hire is the best of all worlds. Callahan is a great offensive mind and would make it a more seamless transition for MS. We'll probably never know, but I'm curious as to how Sanchez feels about the play-calling behind closed doors.

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Jets fans are not a happy lot, especially tonight. However, if they can not get excited for the future, then they can go eat a bag of dicks.

Fact of the matter is Sanchez is a franchise QB, he played well tonight. He gutted out a game and played well enough for this team to win. I felt if the Jets got the ball back they had an excellent shot to win the game.

12. ProfJets

ProfJets Well-Known Member

Agree that Callahan would make an excellent OC; even when he was HC, it was never his offenses that were the problem. He's the best solution if we get rid of Schotty (and I hope we do). (1) familiar with the players already (2) obviously familiar with the system that's in place (the problem isn't really the system, its just Schotty's playcalling). (3) his HC days were such debacles that I doubt anyone would hire him away no matter how good the Jets offense became.

13. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I've been tough on Sanchez all year (and rightfully so), but he's really stepped it up after the Dolphins game. He's still a bit too inconsistent, but he isn't terrible anymore. He gets it, and his timing and footwork have improved a lot. If he wants to keep Schotty, then Schotty stays. If he wants him gone, then so be it. Sanchez still needs to learn more pre-snap calls in the form of audibles and hot routes. We also need to open the offense up a bit more and let him take more shots down the field instead of getting balls swatted down at the line. I'm very optimistic about Sanchez's ability to improve these areas of his game and take the next step.

14. Sanc

Sanc New Member

best qb in the league

15. titan999

titan999 Active Member

Sanchez is on his way towards becoming an elite QB. The kid has guts, heart, and talent, and plays his best the bigger the stage and the moment. He is already the best QB in NY.

He has won 4/6 playoff games in 2 years, all on the road. That is priceless experience. He will take our franchise to the promised land, someday.

16. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Sanchez is a total gamer. He has gotten beaten up, levelled and he keeps coming back even stronger.

He is totally clutch, has come through so many times late in games and again today in the AFC title game.

I don't want to hear anymore of this horseshit about "Sanchez can't play in the cold".

The kid is twenty four years and is battle tested. He is our franchise quarterback and the best I've seen in thirty plus years.

We're just getting started and boy it's going to be a helluva a ride.

17. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

First let him come out of the basement in terms of passer rating and accuracy in the regular season before we annoint him as anthing more than a well below avg QB who somehow plays well in the post season.

18. CatoTheElder

This is seriously contending for your other spot in my sig right now.

19. AirStrike

AirStrike Member

lol sorry, franchise QBs play full games. Every single playoff game this year he never came out for the first half. Without our defence we would have been one and done. If he can put together 4 quarters in a playoff game I'll be impressed, until then, he doesn't have "it" yet.

20. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

I have tried to make basically the same point you are making but some people do not want to hear it. If Sanchez and our offense come out sharper in the first half I think we win this game. He lit it up in the second half but the deficit was just too large.