Mario Williams...his role in our defense

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 1028, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

I see where you're coming from as well and the offense does need a big makeover.... I just feel that Mario is a slam dunk... Other than QB, the only other offensive guy is Ferguson and I'm not sold on him being big enough or mean enough AND, we already have a LT.....

I also think we have a ton of draft picks and the offense will be adressed with most of the other picks...

And finally, I feel that offensive positons like WR and RB are "Icing on the cake" positions that we can get next year AFTER we build an OL and find a QB.......

This year, for the offense, I think it's about building an OL and finding a QB, that's all - Next year you sprinkle on the RB and WR easily, if needed.

This draft is loaded with OL and we'll get plenty AFTER we get this Stud, Monster, Multi-dimensional FREAK of a DE....

I think Mangini is DYING to get Mario Williams!!!!!!!

2. VinnyAndTheJets88

VinnyAndTheJets88 New Member

No way if we pulled that trade would we take a DE at 17, nor do i think we're going to make that trade... The one and only reason we would take Mario at the 4th spot (besides the saints drafting d'brick) is if we see him as a game-changing, elite prospect which it seems like he might be... we obviously have bigger needs to fill but if tangini feels this guy is as special as his freakish size and speed indicate then we can find a place for him in our defense... our picks after that have to be concentrated on o-line if we take him