Mangold vs. Wilfork

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Ten

Ten Active Member

We're not judging him based on his stats,we are judging him from what we've seen from him in actual games.

2. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

The better question is: Shouldn't you know that Vrabel is playing inside linebacker these days?

3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Looks to me like you're not really basing it off of much besides a handful of plays, maybe even highlights. Wilfork did a bad job on Thomas's TD? Fair enough, but so did 10 other guys on the Patriots D if they're letting Anthony Thomas score any kind of TD. If you haven't seen Wilfork play much at all, I can't imagine you'd seen Haynesworth enough to be so confidant that he's better than any way than Vince either.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i was watching nfl edge matchup this morning and hodge keyed on dewayne robertson and boy is he bad in the 3-4 . the titan where pancaking him easy.. then they go on to show ted washington film and he commanded 2 blockers and and did that very well. wish we coulda signed him.

5. tylaw4president

tylaw4president New Member

He's assuming Bruschi will play and that will move Vrabel back outside, which still isn't known.

6. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Yeah this offseason they will go out and get a huge 3-4 nose tackle. Ted Washington would have been nice but he's old and will have be replaced soon enough. Dewayne Robertson is horrible on the 3-4 inside. I think they will use him more in passing down situations if they are playing 4 down lineman or as an end in the 3-4. He will probably be cut or traded to a 4-3 team in the offseason.

7. Ten

Ten Active Member

It was a couple of the pats prime time match ups from last year actualy,while it is a while ago,i can tell when a guy is playing poorly.I haven't seen much of Haynesworth but have you seen enough Titans games to say he is twice the player Wilfork is?

You may jump on me for saying this but i've seen a few guys say that Haynesworth is a good player.These aren't just regular guys on football forums but guys i respect and who know their stuff.One of which is a pat fan who agreed with me in saying that Wilfork was nothing special last year.

8. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

he's wrong, I watched every Pats game last year, Wilfork got better every week, he is a dominant nose tackle. he isn't getting sacks, but he commands doubles almost every down, and is great against the inside run.

9. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

wilfork and seymour are beasts, and i suspect the patriots to test brick and mangold all day....hope they are ready for the challenge

10. Sundayjack

And you're assuming that he would be moved outside when Bruschi plays.

11. tylaw4president

I'm not assuming anything. I said he's assuming that.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Nothing can be assumed about Belichick's defense.

13. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

Except that Belichick will make an ass out of u and me.

14. Sundayjack

Missing my point. I just don't think that Belichick is fool enough to choose that pile-jumper Junior Seau over Mike Vrabel even IF Bruschi is back.

15. tylaw4president

I see your point, and I agree with you, but Belichick makes a lot of unexpected moves.