Mangini on the Monsanto Pope departure.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Aug 1, 2006.

1. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Congratulations on your son, but who cares? What does that have to do with anything? That makes absloutely NO sense. I didn't transfer out of my college either, but I knew MANY MANY people who transferred in and out. Go online and look at the statistics of college students who transfer per year, because you are really showing your ignorance right now. Many students go to state schools or schools with not as established programs in their chosen fields, and once they get their GPA up, they re-apply to schools with better programs (did you ever watch Rudy, as one example of many). It happens all the time.

As for not going to AFA in the first place that is a moronic statement. Perhaps he thought the military was his chosen profession, but changed his mind, it happens. Perhaps he did not go to that large of a HS, so wasn't recruited by a big name school. So he went to AFA, to get noticed, it happens. Perhaps there were financial reasons. Shall I go on, or do you get the point yet?

2. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

You can't blame him for leaving a lowly school to go to a national power... if you were the star centerfielder for the Kansas City Royals, and when you hit FA you were offered equal money from the Royals and the Cardinals, which team are you going to? St Louis, no doubt about it... were you quitting on KC? Nope.

Btw, he hunts wild boar with a knife. He's a beast.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I feel like Im in the twilight zone when I read your posts..I read this single post 3 times...and I still have no idea what the hell your talking about...so lets break it down.

He was voted team captain for the Air Force team..and his thanks..he quit.

Wait a minute...when your voted team captain...do you have to stay there forever? or is that just a silly "Air Force" thing.

College players who transfer are generally those who got beat out for a starting position, or those who are given a choice to transfer or be expelled because of personal conduct.

Or perhaps they transfer to a bigger school to get better recognition. Better yet..maybe he was having sex with a 19 year old cheerleader from Ohio State...or just maybe..maybe Ohio State had cheaper weed. WHO CARES WHY HE DID IT..HE WENT TO A BETTER PROGRAM..AND WAS VOTED CAPTAIN AGAIN.

Name one college starter named captain of the football team who ever quit

NO..NO..NO...all the rest of us have a life around here...why dont YOU name a college football player who was voted captain by a smaller school..then went on to a bigger school and became captain there...then was drafted by an NFL team...played in the NFL for 12 years..before retiring to sell cars in bumf#$%, Idaho.

Dizzy right? Now you know what its like to be us reading your posts. Its tough man...very tough.

Your hatred for the new regime raj is getting old...very fast.

4. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Funny that raj thinks Schlegel is a low character quitter. And I hope its sarcasm but is CJ69 agreeing?

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Not just him. He has a grudge against the Jets in general.

6. glenn212

glenn212 New Member

It's me Raj088

Hey you chubby punk, ..let's see ,he left Air force and went to national powerhouse Ohio State and now he's playing NFL football...bad move..

Hey Jetnation let's just not answer any of the moron's threads anymore, just ignore him and maybe he'll start paying more attention to his inflatable girlfriend...pump it fat boy...

7. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

Deserters should be shot!-eric mangini.

8. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Keep the name calling out of it or you will be suspended. This is your only warning. Thanks.

9. talbain

talbain New Member

ok, so what happened with tom nutten then? it took place pretty much exactly as i described. guy signed, went to TC, retired and then signed with somebody (rams?) either just before or early into the season. jets, as i recall, got nothing in return...

EDIT: ok i did some research. he was a guard that we signed to a three year contract to replace randy thomas back in 03. he retired mid august of that year, never playing a single down for the jets. he then sat out a year before returning to the rams in 04.

#49 talbain, Aug 2, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2006
  10. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

What if Schlegel had turned down OSU and stayed at Air Force?

Rajensen: You see Schlegel was a terrible pick because he is afraid of the big time. He passed up an opportunity to play for a top notch program to stay at Air Force. This tells me that he would rather be the big fish in a small pond. He won't have any success in the NFL and it was a wasted draft pick.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Man, this is like a Supertroll Thread. Whatever happened to Fleming? It could be like the TGG version of Destroy All Monsters.