Make or Break for these guys

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Jul 20, 2021.

1. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

They let Ficken go.

NCJetsfan and Brook! like this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Wilson has more on the line than Saleh.

A poor performance this year will definitely put Wilson's stock on the skids. The Jets however project to be pretty bad for reasons beyond any HC's ability to fix this season.

The complication is that Saleh is tied to JD (and rightly so) so when JD goes it will put major pressure on Saleh's position. I suspect that Saleh gets 2022 to turn the Jets around and if that doesn't happen all 3 are out the door in 2023.

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

let him go is a euphemism

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's solid for a cheap back-up. he's not a starter. he's betting then the other JAGs we picked up in FA like mcdermott

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

Outside of only Quinnen Williams (he's here for the long haul in regards to building a Defense around him as a blue chip player) but imo all of these players (below) are on 'make or break' deals this upcoming season.

Marcus Maye.
    C.J. Mosley.
    Jamison Crowder.
    Christopher Herndon.
    Blessuan Austin.
    Folorunso Fatukasi.
    John Franklin-Myers.
    Kyle Phillips.
    Braxton Berrios.

Nathan Shepherd.
    Vyncint Smith.
    Jeff Smith.
    Josh Malone.
    Ryan Griffin.
    Alex Lewis.
    Chuma Edoga.
    Josh Adams.
    Blake Cashman.

None of these players above are 'Joe Douglas guys' but instead; players from the previous regime. And if they fail to make an impact, they won't be here for too much longer.

Two 1st round picks (Jets/Seattle).
    Two 2nd round picks (Jets/Carolina).
    One 3rd round pick (Jets).
    Two 4th round picks (Jets/Panthers).
    Two 5th round picks (Jets/Steelers).
    Three 6th round picks (Jets/Buccaneers/49ers).

With 12 draft picks (7 within just the first 4 rounds alone) along with A+ available salary cap space (top 5 overall) JD will not hesitate to begin replacing them.

The 9 players who I want to see ball out come 2021 (while being rejuvenated under coach Robert Saleh's culture change and stay long term) are the top 9 players. I really couldn't care less about the bottom 9 players (never really liked them to begin with). So I'll be rooting for the top half in order for JD to avoid too much roster turnover. Which could mean he'll head into 2022's offseason with A+ potential to build a true contender.

#45 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I guess this is manageable compared to the novel length posts.

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  7. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This. Davis showed worse than nothing in my opinion. He looked like he didn't belong. This is why having Maye for 1 more year was crucial, so we can evaluate Davis 1 more season before we decide if he's not an answer.

Zuniga also needs to prove he can stay healthy and produce.

Herndon needs to prove his hands aren't stone.

Bless needs to be more consistent.

#47 JackBower, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

[​IMG]

#48 K'OB, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    Doreblade likes this.
  9. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Please stop posting. For all of us.

K'OB and KingRoach like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Do you remember that post about our future HOF CB #24? Because I do. And you were wrong. And now you're trying to give Zach Wilson the business too.

Was Peyton Manning's stock on the skids after his 28 Rookie INTs along with an awful QB Rating of only 71.2? What about both Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes who weren't even good enough to play let alone start as Rookies? And was Josh Allen's stock also on the skids after his absolutely atrocious rookie season too? What about Joe Burrow's Rookie ACL injury is his stock on the skids as well? Etc.

Look. No matter how much fake pressure you try and put on a young kid QB Zach Wilson... It isn't going to work. Because an NFL Rookie seasons can never 'make or break' an NFL Quarterback.

And even if he struggles as a Rookie? Next year Joe Douglas will have 4 draft picks within the first two rounds along with A+ available salary cap space in order to stock up around Zach Wilson with A+ talent and therefore his stock will (once again) be on the rise and unfortunately (for you); there is nothing you can say to us that'll ever change that fact.

#50 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 5, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Damn PJ, tell us how you really feel…:D:D

PJ4Ever likes this.
  12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

QUOTE="DefenseWinsChampionships, post: 4104580, member: 21989"]Do you remember that post about our future HOF CB #24? Because I do. And you were wrong. And now you're trying to give Zach Wilson the business too.

Was Peyton Manning's stock on the skids after his 28 Rookie INTs along with an awful QB Rating of only 71.2? What about both Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes who weren't even good enough to play let alone start as Rookies? And was Josh Allen's stock also on the skids after his absolutely atrocious rookie season too? What about Joe Burrow's Rookie ACL injury is his stock on the skids as well? Etc.

Look. No matter how much fake pressure you try and put on a young kid QB Zach Wilson... It isn't going to work. Because an NFL Rookie seasons can never 'make or break' an NFL Quarterback.

And even if he struggles as a Rookie? Next year Joe Douglas will have 4 draft picks within the first two rounds along with A+ available salary cap space in order to stock up around Zach Wilson with A+ talent and therefore his stock will (once again) be on the rise and unfortunately (for you); there is nothing you can say to us that'll ever change that fact.[/QUOTE]

Exactly this. Saying all 3 will be out after just two years is so absurd.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yeah man. I don't understand how someone could have all 3 of Saleh/JD/Wilson on an NFL hot seat when all 3 are just getting started?

Because Saleh has yet to coach a single NFL game as HC, Zach Wilson hasn't even played a preseason game yet and Joe Douglas is just getting started before entering next offseason with two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks + top-5 available salary cap space.

I guess Jets fans like this guy wanted to keep GM Mike Maccagnan, HC Adam Gase and QB Sam Darnold together for the next 10 years or something?

But yeah. Moving forward I'm going to stop quoting and questioning the ones who I don't understand because you can't change their minds and I think it's a waste of my time to try and even talk football with people putting JD/Wilson/Saleh on an NFL "hot seat" before preseason game #1?

I'm no Football genius myself but at least I'll give everyone from players, coaches and gms s fair chance before turning on them with my pitchforks..

NCJetsfan, cval and PJ4Ever like this.