Maccagnan/Bowles Press Conference THREAD

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I don't care what he says or don't say just show it on the field with wins.

Jets69 likes this.
  2. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Mike Maccagnan & Todd Bowles news conference will be Wed 1/21 @ 11am. Will stream live on http://t.co/IDocpZywO7 followed by Jets Talk LIVE.

3. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Oh, you mean like that 4-12 coach who went to a 9-7 situation in Buffalo...claiming he was going to improve it?....haha

4. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Marrone deserved to be thrown under the bus....it wasn't a classy move the way he left in the middle of the night .Bowles cant throw Rex under the bus even if he wanted to he's accomplished nothing yet as a HC and he isn't as good as a coordinator as Rex is anyway

5. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Maybe Marrone did deserve it...but not from a guy who he beat 81-26 ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

So Jets have confirmed that Press Conference will be Wednesday.

I'm very interested to hear what Maccagnan has to say about Free Agency and what areas of the team he thinks need improvement. I'm also interested to hear what they think about Geno Smith.

Bowles...I think we know what he's gonna say. He's going to be very conservative with his remarks and say how the Jets have good defensive pieces and some offensive talent to work with. Both are also going to preach Woody's mantra of building a winning football team.

I don't think a whole lot of "new" news will come out in this Press Conference, but I do think that we will find out more about whether they are satisfied with Geno and/or the CBs on the team.

7. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Throw him under the bus for what? Rex didnt do to us what Marrone did to Buffalo.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

No one with a right mind can say they are satisfied with the CBs on the Jets right now

Truth4U2 likes this.
  9. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

i'd like to see some of these questions answered.

what does Bowles think Quinton Coples role will be?

will we be in a 3-4 or 4-3? (he adapts so maybe he sees a change being more fit.)

whats gonna be Mac's rebuild philosophy?

is the organization going to let the teams youth play their way into or out of the job and only sign vets of need or play this offseason aggressively?

percy Harvin, staying on his current deal or not? if theres a tentative answer that tells us negotiations will be in the cards. if he actually said yes… well thats a lot more than we've ever known.

TNJet, Jetsruby and legler82 like this.
  10. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

Rex has never accomplished anything without an all pro defense and never will. He's like Phil Jackson without weed or a brain.

11. jxc

jxc Active Member

[from The Jet Stream Blog on the New York Daily News web site]

At long last, Jets fans will hear from their new general manager and head coach.

The introductory press conference for GM Mike Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles will take place on Wednesday at 11 [am]. at the team’s facility in Florham Park, N.J. Owner Woody Johnson will also be present at the press conference.

The team officially announced the hiring of Maccagnan last Tuesday and Bowles last Wednesday but elected to wait to introduce them for a week.

Maccagnan already has started re-shaping the front office, as he fired senior director of college scouting Terry Bradway and director of college scouting Jeff Bauer on Friday. Bowles has yet to hire a coordinator on either side of the ball.

#31 jxc, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  12. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That a dumb statement. You can say something like that about most coaches. Like BB never done anything without Brady.

chris5533 likes this.
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Looking foward to this press confrence tommorow ,Does anyone know what time its suppose to be?I know its tommorow I just didn't hear a time.Its gonna be intresting to hear what Bowles has to say about the OC ....

14. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

11am

15. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

Agreed with the bolded. This is a complete unknown so far. How do Bowles and Maccagnan view Geno Smith? They are clearly going to be asked and they cannot just give a non-answer.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sure they can.

"We have a big job ahead of us, we know there are people here who can get the job done and we know there are people here who need to be challenged. We're going to work very hard in the off season to bring the very best players available through free agency and the draft to the New York Jets. Everyone on this team will have to work to prove they are the right people for the job, no one will be getting an automatic starting position on this team. We look forward to building around a well established core to make this team a champion."

I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong tomorrow, but I sincerely doubt that will be necessary. Just don't try to tell me I can no longer use the term "Same Old Jets" until you give me reason, and prove it. Check back in December 2016, it'll take at least two years.

FJF likes this.
  17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mehta: "Coach Bowles, any thoughts on deflate-gate?"

Bowles: "Learn the rules."

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Please use this thread to discuss today's press conference

11:00 a.m. WFAN and SNY

19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

20. NOVAJET