Macc... Trade or Cut Petty ASAP!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Dec 17, 2016.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

So no links. I'm pretty sure the only reason nobody wanted Geno was because it's stupid to trade for him. He's gone, not because there was no intrest. And nobody wanted petty to be a starter. He was at best, a third string. He's showing it. He isn't going to win this job for next season. You are correct about one thing, it's unfair to assune he could in for games. He's project, always has been.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

IMO it is what it is

Subconsciously we all wanted Petty to be a 4th round miracle

Seriously he is playing like a 4th rounder with a pourous line trying to protect him

The kid is prob not that great or that bad But he is at a real disadvantage with this Team and CS

Keep or trade ? Not sure if there is real interest there..if other teams have positive evals for him you don't let him leve so fast heh

Overall I feel bad for him to waste away in this Black Hole ..so I bet his Agent is having a convo with Mac

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Considering the coaching staff and the offensive line Petty is playing like a low first rounder.

4. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

^^Someone gets it.

PulseJet likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

6. Cman68

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/29/jets-backup-quarterbacks-trade-interest/

7. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I get where your going with this and appreciate it. I think though a better idea would be to finally bring in a FO/ CS that understands the importance of the QB position and has a proven track record of developing one.

I'm not sure about Petty yet, he certainly had the physical talent and has some moxie. Just not sure if he'll ever have the consistent accuracy it takes to be a great one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cman68 likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I know the article, in taling about the part where anyone wanted Petty for more than a backup/3rd string. Nobody did, he certainly isn't helping that now. He isnt going to be the answer. I mean we as fans of this team want to always anoint the next guy, when hes done nothing to deserve it. I think hes showing why the team was hesitant to turn to him. Not saying thats the right thing, cuz it certainly wasnt. But hes just not there and i dont think hes going to get there.

There are just certain things you can't teach, deep ball accuracy and accuracy in general is one. Hes very inaccurate. The strong arm is nothing if hes inaccurate. We have to look outside this franchise and unfortunately theres not QB in this draft worth taking in the first round. Mac needs to nail this draft.

WhySoSerious488 likes this.
  9. LarryAlRalph

Look, Joe Freaking Montana could not play well in this mess of a football team. The play that got Petty injured and removed is the encapsulation of the whole freaking operation under Todd Bowles. The center forgot the snap count, the interior linemen got hammered in their stances, and the two D ends met at the QB and freaking near killed him. One of the few bright lights on the team was crushed because someone can't remember the snap count.

Not one guy out there knows what the guy next to him is doing, O, D & ST. And that's 100% on the coaching staff. Some guy earlier in the thread wanted to keep Bowles, but that's where the house-cleaning has to start. Another guy made the observation that last year's chimerical run toward the playoffs was due to bad teams beating themselves with mistakes, and it fooled us into thinking Bowles was actually in control. He's not, and it's worse than anything Ryan ever ran out there. It's obvious no one believes in TB any more. The entire coaching staff has to be done over.

dogg, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  10. LarryAlRalph

It's impossible to assess Petty at this point, for nothing in that hopeless mess is his fault. He was put on the field at the bottom of a 6 year slide into irrelevance. He's like a nudist caught in a hailstorm. No place to run, no place to hide, and can't even protect himself from the pounding.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I have been rooting like hell for Petty the past few weeks. He is a likable kid.
    I was praying and hoping that I was wrong and that he would turn out to be more than I thought he would.

I felt before the season that Geno was the best option for this team this year, and nothing has happened this season to change my opinion that I was wrong.

zace likes this.
  12. Cman68

Time is not Petty's friend. He's 25 which is usually the time when players come into their prime. If he's with the Jets getting pummeled week in and week out, his career even as a 2nd or 3rd string Qb will be a very short one. Like you said, Petty needs a competent HC complete with a true "qb whisperer" and not this bunch of stooges masquerading as a CS.

None of those requirements can be met by the Jets as presently constructed. Trade the Kid! Do Petty a favor and release him after the season is over. Petty doesn't deserve to be treated like this. No Qb does. Just ask David Carr or Joey Harrington.

13. LarryAlRalph

I shudder to think what Petty could do in Belichick's system. Wouldn't that be the ultimate indignity?

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

No he took sacks he didn't need to take, he made throws that he souldnt have made. The oline didnt undertrown recievers left and right, the recieves didnt hold on to the ball to long. I mean be objective, hold him accountable for his mistakes. Yes hes a young player, but he also isnt some guy learning qb on the fly, there are some talent deficiencies and by the end of the season and beginning of next, everyone will be screaming to keep him off the field. I said it in preseason, and ill say it again. Hes just not that good.

WhySoSerious488 likes this.
  15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im in the same boat, but were being blasphemous right now. He just isnt the answers.

16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Nothing, beli would have cut him.

17. LarryAlRalph

Geno has no toys in the bag, if you catch my drift. He's Mark Sanchez who can run faster with a stronger arm, that's all. Neither one has any idea how to read a defense.

18. Cman68

under the tutelage of Tom Brady? With a real Oline and OC?

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

20. Cman68

Then you should have no problem with Macc releasing or cutting Petty when the season is over..