Mac looks good after player purge (How X Jets are doing)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 2, 2017.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

For some reason the Eagles cut McDougle last week. Instead of getting him back we let the Saints scoop him up instead. Its not like we are stacked at CB right now.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Maybe he didn't want to come back to a team that had already fucked him off once before ?

James Hasty and boozer32 like this.
  3. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Can we just start the Week 13: Chiefs at Jets discussion thread already now that Mevis is in KC? :p

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Lol Mevis gonna Mevis

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

With that type of $ in his family he should be charitable and feed /clothe 100s of Poor KC families for the Holidays (that's what I would do)... show some character...........oh wait

K'OB and boozer32 like this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

That would not sit well with the fanbase. Enough of the lazy BPA defensive picks. When you have no QB's and the one you took in the 2nd makes you gunshy about taking another high pick QB, then you need to find another profession Macc. Because until that QB job is fixed you better keep trying. But then again if he and Bowles are both fired the next GM might know this already.

KurtTheJetsFan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. boozer32

The Jets draft defense every year. How's that working out in offense happy league? You have to update that logic. That was so 70;s.

8. boozer32

We need an offensive line, we need a QB, we need a stud WR and could use a stud RB. When will the BPA be an offensive player. The rest of the league seems to find balance and able to fill both sides of the ball equally. Last I check our BPA defensve players are no pressuring the QB, getting gashed by opposing RB, can't score. The QB is 38 years old and they want to bring him back. A guy that has double his win total in 4 games.

9. boozer32

Granted Prescott fell through the cracks 3 times around in the draft. But the Jets still needed a young QB to groom and Watson was there this year and Macc passed again. Now there might be 4-6 of them this year and if he passes again Macc needs to be fired.

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

While there are 4-6 of them, which one of those guys are the jets high on, and where do they grade them?

That's been the issue so far with Mac, I don't mind Petty being a 4th rounder, it's the valuing of Hack that has people concerned.

Hack might still out to be a good QB after all. My biggest gripe is relying on old guys at the most important position on the team, that mentality has to change. Keep drafting young QBs and try to develop them, eventually they will find the guy who turns out to be a FQB.

They are not getting that by bringing back the Mcowns of the NFL.

boozer32 likes this.
  11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Maybe cause he flat out sucks !

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

How does Prescott look without Zeke?

[He looked like utter shit as of late, if you haven't been paying attention. I've maintained that Cowboys cut the wrong dude last spring - and I've been predicting Prescott will fall. I am so glad I've been right all along.]

P.S. Jets need OTs and C. Badly. After that - maybe a stud RB. QB - I've been encouraged by the progress Petty made by the end of the last summer. Unless he (and Hack) conclusively shows he is not a starter material [like Prescott this year] I will give the kids one more shot.

P.S. And YES. Jets would do very well to go defense in the first round this spring. Again. If that means Jets can get a blue-chip OLB prospect across Jordan Jenkins.

NCJetsfan, hwismer and LAJet like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sounds just like that SOB. In his first practice, I hope he tears both knees up and can never play again. As horrible as he was last year, I can't believe that anyone wanted to sign his sorry dogging ass.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is right on the money. I for one think we would benefit greatly with OT, C, OG and/or RB in the first round. And if a real no shit OLB can be there we should jump on it. I would not take a flier on another Geno like because he is there for us. I want a QB that has the chance to become a FQB.
    Many posters here have written off both Petty and Hack but I disagree. Jets continue to gravitate to old dogs with no future because of the sheer ineptitude of the CS to develop young QBs properly, as much as by the level drafted. No matter if it was Sanchez, Geno, Petty, Hack or our next hopeful FQB, it will take time, patience and talent to develop him properly, not to mention a no shit OL. Not convinced yet we have that level of talent in the CS.

#174 LAJet, Nov 24, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    NCJetsfan and hwismer like this.
  15. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

It's virtually GUARANTEED that Mac resigns McCown. Anyone who thinks anything otherwise, is either not a real Jets fan or just a dingbat. Bank on McCown being back. More than likely McCown will start because some newbie QB simply isn't ready to take over the reigns.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. boozer32

How does getting an OLB make this team better? That is probably next to QB the hardest position to find elite players. So no on that. Petty should be starting after the lost the Jets will take this weekend. The McCown experiment should be over. As far as Dak losing Elliott is not his doing and the year they had last year the Jets haven't had since the 90's. I would take that and be thrilled instead of perpetual losing seasons. The Cowboys still hav plenty to build on whereas people around here still want to draft defense only for another century. I wonder how the Jets will ever score because they sure aren't stopping any team with all these high defensive picks.

17. boozer32

It will be interesting right after the season end. We will see if Chris Johnon is more like his brother or his own man.

18. boozer32

How does getting an OLB make this team better? That is probably next to QB the hardest position to find elite players. So no on that. Petty should be starting after the lost the Jets will take this weekend. The McCown experiment should be over. As far as Dak losing Elliott is not his doing and the year they had last year the Jets haven't had since the 90's. I would take that and be thrilled instead of perpetual losing seasons. The Cowboys still hav plenty to build on whereas people around here still want to draft defense only for another century. I wonder how the Jets will ever score because they sure aren't stopping any team with all these high defensive picks.

19. boozer32

Another season of this? How does that improve this team at all? Where is the progress and the attempt to win anything. Nobody will be buying onto this if the Jets do take a QB in the first round.

20. boozer32

Jets are goona try Revis and he'll have 3 picks. But Anderson will get over the top for 1 TD.