Love for cro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Sep 13, 2015.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're right, I don't appreciate the way he refuses to make contact with a receiver at the LOS, and the way he constantly misreads and overpursues short routes. Oh yeah, and there's also that whole tackling thing. Get real.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone concerned about Cro's play? The Jets D has only allowed 2 touchdowns all season. Both by Cromartie. I would say I am not concerned as of yet. Not like he is burned every play. He played pretty well on MNF I thought.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The problem is the misuse if Bowles wants to keep leaving him in sintle coverage. I've said it before. Cromartie needs safety help. He's not some completely inept corner but he can't cover double moves or anything deeper down the field by himself because he's a pass interference waiting to happen. He also shouldn't be pressing at the line because he's not a physically gifted player anymore in terms of recovery speed.

Play him 5 yards off the receiver tell him to jump everything underneath and make sure that deep half or third of the field has safety help to cover his weaknesses.

He's always been the same type of player but it was the recovery speed that allowed him to be excellent at covering double moves and deep routes. As that fades he's really more suited for a zone defense and he can still be damn good at doing that.

That's why you'd like to see Marcus Williams play in third and longs when we're sending heat. Something about the guy. Not a very gifted athlete running a slow 40 with a pedestrian vertical but the guy straight sticks to receivers.

#83 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    The Dark Knight likes this.
  4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Thats his problem as far as I see it. He can play really well but when he gives up a play its a homerun. Revis will give up catches but hes such a great tackler and through his career he rarely gets completely burnt.

The Dark Knight likes this.