Loss is on OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 1, 2009.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

regardless of that,the game is 4 qtrs. We had the chance late,and blew it with playcalling.

2. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

we lost because the a shitty small wr who never does shit against anybody looks like a hall of famer against the jets every fucking game and rex keeps kicking to him.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No, you dumb shit(OP)..the loss is on the STs. WTF game were you watching anyway?

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Loss is on Special teams for sure. Without Feely, they might have had 4 kick returns for TD's.

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

That's also big... I can understand going for 2 with P. Manning under center but with SANCHEZ!? are you kidding me!?

6. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Shotty needs to be fired. An i dont give a shit if we win 8 in a row out of the bye, this guy is worse then his pops.

7. typeOnegative13NY

Are you talking to me? I was watching the game that most in this thread agree with me on.

8. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I guess :shit:

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I would have liked to have seen more passing, but if I'm going to point the finger in this game, clearly it's on the kick off coverage unit. Not the coach, the players.

10. The_W

The_W Banned

What the fuck is this? The "Oh so great" Jets STs give up 2 KR TDs and the goddamn HC decides to go for 2 in the 3rd quarter and people pin this to the OC? Wake the fuck up everybody.

11. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I agree. Miami was playing pass ALL THE WAY. Another run would of made it a much shorter 3rd possibly with all the DBs Miami had in the game. They got pass happy and Faneca forgot how to block basically screwed us on the last drive. Schotty is probably in the same league as Hackett.

12. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Dumb shit? Ginn is just a fast motherfucker. Our ST are good but they got beat twice today. I'm not going to point the finger at them - just give credit to the Fins where it's due. But they had the ball in the red zone with the game on the line and they threw it away.. that I really can't excuse.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez didn't have a lot going in the first half for whatever reason. The plays that were called were designed to promote ball control and continuity in the offensive flow and they mostly succeeded at that.

The only call I screamed at in the first half was the 2nd and goal pass from the 6. You freaking keep running the ball until 3rd down makes you pass it, and then you maybe run it anyway. The Jets had control of the flow there and the 2nd and 6 incompletion took it away and cost us 4 points.

The second half was just completely incoherent because of the 14 pts on kick returns and the fumble by Shonn Greene. When you get behind the 8-ball like that it takes you out of your gameplan and forces you to do things differently. Schotty did fairly well with that until the end, when he decided for whatever reason to put the ball in Sanchez hands instead of grinding the ball down closer to the goal. The Jets could have scored there and still lost on a FG with the 1:30 they gave Miami to come back. It was just incomprehensible that they kept throwing the ball at the end when they should have just run it until a passing situation was forced. Throw to get the ball in the red zone but then go back to pushing Miami around on the ground.

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Schotty fumbled and coaches the special teams?

OK.

15. typeOnegative13NY

when youre team is leading in rushing,and you need 6 yards to come back and win,you dont RUN once? Not even when you have 3 trys and it is in your interest to also burn some time off the clock? Ok then

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

We ran the ball on first and second down we passed on 3rd and 6. The second down play was a QB draw that didn't work.

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Yep, Schottenheimer blew it with horrible playcalling at the end. I was screaming at the TV for them to run the ball.

Rex also fucked up going for 2 in the third quarter. Poor coaching lost this game.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I think in this specific situation, the returns had nothing to do with 2nd&6 and passing the ball.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

by that logic, the end of the game didn't matter and it didn't matter that we had a chance to take the lead at the end. the special teams didn't stop the Jets from being able to win at the end.

it doesn't matter what happens the rest of the game if you have a chance to win at the end. by your logic, had we been down by two and we missed a 20 yard FG at the end to win, missing that FG wouldn't have been why we lost, we would have lost because the Special Teams sucked in the 3rd quarter.

that's stupid. if the game comes down to a play at the end of the game, and that play is botched because of boneheaded play calling, that is to blame, not any event that leads up to it.

I was shocked we didn't run on that 2nd down. just asinine playcalling.

those two f'ing stupid 2 point conversions didn't do us any favors, either. Rex still has a lot to learn as well.

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I dont think so. It was a pass play that Sanchez was gonna take off on (except Faneca face-planted) but Starks made the play.