Long Term Ramifications of This Season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 88toon, Dec 29, 2015.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Stop it, just stop it.

We have seen more than enough out of Geno Smith.

He has had many chances already and shown poor judgement on and off of the field.

This team has jumped forward by light years since he lost the starting job.

No one with any sense should want this albatross anywhere near our ball club.

[​IMG]

2. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

You have a better idea? Lemme guess...Brandon Weeden, Matt Cassel, maybe Ryan Mallet...oh, I know, EJ Manuel!

3. James Hasty

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I had already said that we should replace Geno on the roster with Mallet if Baltimore were dumb enough not to lock him up.

4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I like our QB group as is. Im beginning to think Fitz may be even BETTER for us next year. He has taken a system he knows probably better than any other QB that's playing right now. He's 33 that's not too old for a QB tho it's almost there.. Now he knows how to utilize all his weapons I don't see why he'd decline next year .

Geno as we all know was catching on to the system nicely over the summer... now finally sitting and learning behind a smart QB should be helping his mental vision of the game. he's under contract and has no trade value leave him at back up, his cap hit is nothing.

If petty shows signs of being ready to take that back up role by the end of the preseason next year THEN you can look to release geno or maybe even trade him if he has a decent enough preseason showing, we should root for that.. more trade value. then Bryce should be looking to start by the following year as Fitz will be around that 36 age ready to be BRYCE's back up .

LIJetsFan, Section 336 and Cman68 like this.
  5. socaljetfan

Yeah my point is that you're not very good at this. Mallet is dumb as a brick and a poor teammate.

6. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I agree, but Mallet actively undermined his team with his actions. Not to mention he actually took visible pleasure on the sidelines when Hoyer stunk it up. That's a little bit worse than just not being an angel.

7. James Hasty

Some would say the same about Geno. Just ask IK.

Yes, this is what we were told but please stop trying to state opinion as fact. Geno is a bum and most of us know it.

8. socaljetfan

IK, are you stupid? IK broke a teammate's jaw, it's pretty clear who the poor teammate is in this situation and why one is on the team and one is not.

Is Fitz a bum too? Through his first three seasons he was way worse numbers than Geno. Worse Y/A, worse passer rating, worse TD-INT ratio. Numbers barely improve over his next two-three years.

9. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

OMG!

Are we having fun yet?

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I can't wait for these Genobots to follow the Tebots out of town.

Geezuz fuck.

_

James Hasty likes this.
  11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

geno was the worst qb in football. fitz just broke team passing records. this argument is idiotic

geno wont be in football in 2 years

James Hasty likes this.
  12. socaljetfan

Geno is 25. Fitz is 33. What exactly did Fitz show in his first four years in the league that would have made you thought he would break any passing records? You seriously look at the beginning of Fitz career and thought, wow, this guy is gonna set some records?

13. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I totally agree.

Right now, I think this team can beat the Pats, Bengals and Broncos in their current states and the late appearance of Kenbrell and the versatility of Enuwa really makes our offense complete (obviously no deep,deep threat but to have that we'd need Geno's arm so.......pass).

Obviously if Dalton returns and is on form, The KC or Denver D has a outstanding day or the Pats are fully fit then we need to execute at close to 100%, hope our ST don't fuck up and pray we have Revis, Pryor, Mangold and the other solid starters to be dressed and playing.

14. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

It's what we know it is.

Fitz is a middling QB in terms of physical attributes but he hung around long enough to offset his limitations with sound judgement and nous.
    Geno has all the ability you want when it comes to launching the football but has no judgement or feel despite the huge number of starts he has had.

If Geno somehow sticks around the NFL then perhaps with hard work, study and practice he can address his mental shortcomings both on and off the field and maybe brush up on his ball security whilst he's at it. If you think Geno has the same kind of character as a young Fitz and he can do all that then wear your Geno-shirt with pride and the hope that one day he'll prove you right.

Me.............He's under contract, fairly cheap, knows the system and if we were to somehow lose both Fitz and Petty next year then I'd actually be okay with sticking him in rather then some scrub we pick up off the streets with only a couple of weeks or days to learn the offense. Not many teams win with the #3 QB under centre but I reckon Geno would give us a better chance against the likes of the Browns, Dolphins, 49ers then a Ryan Lindley would.

15. James Hasty

Genobots are not human.

They do not feel pain.

They can not be reasoned with.

We can only hope that when Geno gets a change of scenery and plays for a different team (perhaps a Canadian team) that the Genobots will follow him and leave Jetland forever.

16. tman2812

tman2812 New Member

we contendas

17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

geno is showing great support and he's having fun... not effecting jets fans that can't seem to take their mind off of him ... but some how he still is

18. James Hasty

He is still stealing his salary from the Jets.