Lol we are a joke...Jets coaching staff trolling too

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 1, 2014.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised because I totally disagreed with your post. Regardless, your opinion makes no sense. Rex's job wasn't going to be saved if woody has any brains at all. At this point the season is lost. All the Jets can hope for is that some of the young players develop. If you can't understand that, then imo, you don't understand the game.

2. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Woody has any brains ... at all.

That's terrific. The head coach is still going to try and win games unless he gets a contract extension. There is literally no reason for the head coach (in this case, Rex) to intentionally tank games unless he is certain he is returning to be the coach next year. As you've already pointed out, he should be fairly certain of the opposite. At the very least, he is auditioning for a job with another team. Your suggestion that Rex should be content to intentionally play bad players and lose is well thought out, as long as you don't care about things like reality or logic.

Thanks, Vince Lombardi.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hey, at least we agree on one thing. lol

Of course the HC is still going to try to win games, if nothing else to try to help secure future employment. The idea that Rex is gonna get another HC job for 2015 even if were to finish 7-9, just isn't realistic imo. I didn't say that Rex would or should intentionally tank games. The intent when teams play rookies at the end of a lost season isn't to "tank" games. It's to hopefully help build for the future and see who can help them going forward. If they wind up winning some of the games, fine. If they lose them, fine. That's not the major point. There's little difference between 2-14 or 4-12. Both records suck. The best thing a team can do in that situation, is to do everything they can to improve for the following season. Playing rookies and other young players, seeing who can help them going forward, trying to speed their development, along with better draft position so they can possibly get a Mariota without having to trade up, will do TONS more for the Jets than winning another game or two. Besides, as I said earlier, Vick is only marginally better than Geno at this point.

I deserved that. It isn't personal. I should have found a better way to say it. I'm just disgusted with the Jets and sick of fans defending that moron Rex.