Lol we are a joke...Jets coaching staff trolling too

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 1, 2014.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Still forced his hand with Geno. I remember that and many people questioned why the coach was hiring assistants without a GM. I was just commenting on what I'd read from other people on Twitter.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The real problem is the Jets offense has been totally dysfunctional for 3 seasons now. 3 seasons! How can you go 3 seasons without having any semblance of an effective offense?

The Jets have played 44 games since the onset of 2012 and they've scored less than 20 points in 27 of them. They've scored less than 10 points in 15 of them. They've averaged 17.3 points a game over that 44 game span. That's on the coaching staff. Only the Jacksonville Jaguars have been worse over that span of time.

TNJet, JetsNation06 and kevmvp like this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So, we were running it down miami's throats and failed to make halftime adjustments which ended up losing the game and people think it was a troll job?
    Looked like just another game to me

Pocket Jet and slimjasi like this.
  4. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Last night was a garbage on so many levels. Idzik for forcing Geno back in, Ryan/Morninwheg for continuing to go with the run when the box was completely stacked, and finally Geno for being so much suck we might be better off with some other teams PS QB. As a bonus I'll add in the fact that we don't pass block for shit anymore.

So this what should have been done. (why the hell not at this point)

Idzik, MM, Ryan, Lal, McGaughey, Lee
    Gone, Goodbye. Locked out of the building and all their shit thrown in the street.

Karl Dunbar
    Named head coach (He's the only coach that has done their job properly, AT ALL)

Dennis Thurman
    Defensive Coordinator (congrats you just got promoted from bobblehead to Def-Co)

Last Weeks game film from whatever team scored the most points
    Offense Coordinator (because it has to beat whatever the fuck we're doing now)

Chad Pennington
    QB Coach (let him make his bones in a situation with zero pressure) *bonus* the IQ of our entire organization goes up a few points....... Well, then again, maybe no pointsbecause everybody is so damn stupid in the Jets organization it'll probably make Penny an idiot by proxy.

Bottle of Gorilla Glue
    Interim WR Coach (impart the importance to our players of how things need to stick to the surfaces they touch.)

Nick Folk
    Interim Special teams coach (With our best scoring option on the sidelines we'll lose out for sure)

#64 hastygreen, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    TNJet, Ben Had, Poeman and 1 other person like this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Dennis Thurman
    Defensive Coordinator (congrats you just got promoted from bobblehead to Def-Co

Lol

JetLifeLo and Poeman like this.
  6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

We would have lost by even more if we threw the ball even once more than we did.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Thanks Cman, I mean could def change the thread title if it's too harsh for mods or other people. But I think everyone is making fair points in the thread

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

That's okay. I think that last interception was God trolling.

9. Jesus

Jesus Active Member

Most likely.

JetLifeLo and Poeman like this.
  10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

LOL, a guest appearance to the Jets forum by Jesus

JetLifeLo likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

12. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

rammagen and JetLifeLo like this.
  13. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's why I disagree with those that think that last nights game was a big FU from Rex. He was trying to win the way he is most comfortable. The fact that the Jets didn't adjust to a PA first down pass throughout the game just shows the coaching staff's lack of adaptability -something that we have seen many times before from Rex on offense.

If Smith was forced into the starting lineup against Rex's wishes (and I believe that is still questionable) why would Rex show such "loyalty" to Vick? Rex had no history with Vick and Vick really hasn't done much this year to clearly show that he is above mediocre at best. Lastly, if Rex wanted to send a big FU to the management wouldn't he let Smith throw an excessive amount of times on Mondat Night Football showing the entire NFL how crappy Idzick's QB was?

I personally think that

1) Rex was trying to win the game his way.

2) The running game was having an amazng night at the beginning.

3) The CS has little faith in Geno.

4) They were unable to adapt in the second half to help Geno by putting him a better position to succeed.

We've seen this before (perhaps not to such a degree) so to attach nefarious schemes is unnecessary when the actions can easily be explained by past tendencies.

FJF likes this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dunbar has too much going for him to stay with this shit team.

15. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This is the 3rd time I've noted this and noone is agreeing so maybe I'm out there alone--but I will for the last time state that Rex went beyond just the above #2 because if he stuck to that, he would not have thrown on 3rd down from the mia 30 with the jets up 13-6 (after Walls interception). He would have obviously pounded the ball as he did on 1st and 2nd down, maybe gain 2 yards, and try a 45 yard FG to go up by 10.

Instead he decided to pass with the obvious result that Geno was sacked, we are out of FG range, we punt, and then lose by 3.

This behavior implies he is merely not cut out to be a HC and he's not sending any message unless he is sending the message that he will lose on purpose and I don't think that is true.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He castrated himself with his big, stupid mouth and arrogant ways while letting other men fondle and maybe have sex with his wife. He's a moron.

17. NCJetsfan

How did Idzik flip Rex the bird by mandating that Geno play? The team gains absolutely nothing by starting Vick. They need to try to salvage Geno at least as a backup for next season, or they're going to have to find 2 QBs. This season is lost. They need to be starting all the youngsters and trying to speed up their learning/development curve.

18. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

He flipped Rex the bird because presumably Rex (and the rest of the staff) has already decided that the evaluation of Geno is over and that there is nothing left to learn by playing him. While it benefits Idzik (because it almost guarantees more losses for Rex and an easier path for Idzik to fire him at the end of the season) it completely screws Rex (because he has no chance of winning games).

If you knew you had to win to keep your job, and your boss mandated that you were not allowed to do the only thing that would make it possible for you to win (play someone other than Geno), you'd think you were getting the bird, too. And you'd be pissed about it. And you'd want every one in the world to know that your boss intentionally sabotaged you; last night's gameplan was Rex proclaiming to the world that Idzik was screwing him intentionally (in case there was any doubt).

19. NCJetsfan

They may think they have nothing else to learn about Geno by playing him, but that isn't the point or the reason for playing him. You play him because Vick definitely isn't the future, and his play has been no better than Geno's. Geno may still be able to be salvaged to be a decent backup. Geno can learn by playing.

Rex wasn't gonna keep his job, or at least shouldn't even if he finished 8-8. He has lost this team and done a horrible job this season, and been mediocre at best the last 2-3 seasons. He has clearly shown that he has no answers, and is indeed a big part of the problem on the Jets. If I were Rex, I would one, have enough sense to realize that I should lose my job and I wouldn't be pissed unless I was as delusional as he is; two, I would know that playing Vick would give me little better chance to win some remaining games with his lack of preparation and effort; three, that winning another game or two wouldn't help the franchise and instead would hurt its draft position, and at this point the team is better off losing its remaining games; and four, that Idzik's motivation at this point is to find out which players can help him going forward and to give young players every chance to develop. So Geno starts and throws some picks and the Jets lose. Big deal, especially if in throwing those picks, Geno learns something that will help him going forward. To a large extent the play calling and game planning by MM has been so freaking bizarre that it sure hasn't helped Geno any. Rex deserves screwing. He screwed Idzik, Woody, the team and us fans. Eff him. I wouldn't care if the stupid SOB never works in the NFL again.

20. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree with you; pretty much with your entire post.