Lions Trade Stafford To Rams

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We shouldn't be planning for the next 3-4 years, but the next decade.

Stafford would do better with a team that is only missing a couple of pieces

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

wheres the interest in Darnold? peeps kepts saying how he is respected.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

I'd love tosee stratfford, with mims, chowda and cager.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I like Stafford a lot, but based on his age and how far away this team is talent wise, I can't endorse trading the SEA pick for him. If you're going to give up the 1+ I think it takes to get him, you really need to be in position to be an 10-11 win team right away since he is 33 and taken a beating these last few years.

I don't think Stafford affects the Watson market (or vice versa), since I think the price on Watson naturally limits the amount of legitimate suitors for him.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Stafford in SF makes too much sense

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Indy should be on the phones for him right now. Not us. It's Watson or Darnold imo for us.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Or drafting a QB

FJF and matt robinson 17 like this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

3:15 as he leaves the field a coach slaps him on his shoulder, fuck me :D:D:D

#28 K'OB, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

No thanks. He’d be our best QB for 15 years but there are a lot of miles on the clock. I imagine his shoulders are like Frank Gore’s knees

Noam, Poeman and K'OB like this.
  10. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

Imagine the price will be a day one pick in the later half of the draft with a conditional 2nd/3rd thrown in depending on how far back in the round that first pick is. If I could get this done for the Seattle pick + throwing them Sam Darnold then I'd make that offer but I don't think the Jets is on his list of destinations.

If the talk out of Miami about Tua not being the guy is true then this could be the trade they make as a program on the upswing in the warmth of Tax-Free Florida should appeal but the 49ers would be a killer combo.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Brook! likes this.
  12. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Bears, Washington and Saints will kick tires as well

13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Dolphins tried to trade for him in 2018 they could be players to...

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I doubt they trade in-division but I imagine the Bears are going to do everything they can to find a quarterback out of the available options.

Not sure what the fuck they were thinking Foles was going to be. And while Trubisky sucks, benching him for Foles in the middle of the year was the wrong move. They're also extremely crippled by Mack's contract especially now that he's still good but is slowly starting to regress.
    Probably but it doesn't show in his overall arm talent. He still flings the ball fine. I'd be more worried about back injuries with him. I feel like he's on the injury report every other week with a bad back.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

to be fair you can't plan for a decade in the NFL you plan 3-4 years ahead. too much changes. very few players stay with 1 team for a decade and typically the ones that do are the FQB with very few exceptions. NFL is always changing, salary cap keeps parity. the average NFL career is 3.3 years. every year hundreds of new players enter the NFL and take jobs from older players. sometimes you need cheaper replacements. the most you'll look ahead is 3-4 years

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Stafford and Watson both demanding a trade but its pretty interesting that one guy is being branded as a diva/malcontent and the other isn't.

Catfish Billy likes this.
  17. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

No matter how many times these things happen, it's never enough proof for some people

18. GasedAndConfused

dolphins make a lot of sense actually.

Dolphins get
    Stafford 7OA pick

Lions get
    3OA pick

basically the lions trade away stafford to move up 4 spots in the draft and get their new QB. the dolphins slide back 4 spots but get a win now QB with a few years left in the tank. Tua gets to sit and learn more but still has a future in miami. Miami still has 7OA and 19OA picks to build around stafford. they could land waddle/smith/pitts with 7OA as a target for staford to throw to and oweh 19th overall.

19. GasedAndConfused

stafford and the lions mutually agreed to part ways. stafford is 32 and has played 12 years with detriot since they drafted him and never complained about his whole carer being wasted. they have a new regime and want their young QB to start with. Stafford allows them to move up and get it. stafford wants to win and make something out of his career at this point.

With watson he hasn't even finished his rookie contract and on top of that less then a year ago signed an extension that made him the 2nd highest paid QB in NFL history and is demanding a trade from a team that wants him to honor his contract and stay.

apples and oranges

DisgruntledLionFan likes this.
  20. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

One guy has been in a shitty franchise for 12 years and if he stays, will have gone through his third regime change. The other guy has been in a shitty franchise for 4 years and if he stays, will have gone through his first regime change.

You build up a lot of goodwill by keeping your mouth shut for over a decade.