Let's put the blame where it really belongs....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

It's incomprehensible to me but somehow you STILL don't get it. Amazing.

We were on the 18 ... And here it went ...
    Int at 5:10
    3 and out for Bears
    Punt return and penalty --- our ball again on the 28 (10 yards from where we were on the INT and a minute has run off the clock).
    Ivory run for 7
    Geno run for 11 --- 1st and goal on the 10.
    2 plays later we're on the 2 yard line poised to score a TD

Then we settle for 3 after the terrible play call by Marty.

There it is ... So what aren't you comprehending?
    We got to the two yard line after throwing the INT so exactly how did the INT cost us any points??
    It didn't. It's not rationalizing ... It's the way it went.

2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

No he's not. Phillip Rivers is an accurate QB. Go watch some chargers game tape and watch the throws he makes. Watch him throw perfect ball after perfect ball to Gates for completions, balls that would not be completed if they were anything other than perfect because Gates is so slow at this point in his career. Brady is an accurate QB. Go watch some game tape of him working in the redzone. Watch as he just shreds the redzone defenses. Now when you are done with that, go back and watch some of Geno's film. Watch his work in the redzone. Until you do that, don't come on here trying to tell us how Geno is accurate because you have no idea what the term accurate means when applied to a starting QB in the NFL.

3. truthbtold

Another guy who doesn't get it. That's what's astonishing.
    I'll ask you as well --- how exactly did it cost us points if we got the ball back in almost the same spot and moved it to the two yard line? Please explain your logic to me.

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I get your point but the int left points on the field. It doesn't matter what happened after. If anything else we were fortunate that the Bears didn't score afterwards.

5. Tom

Tom Member

If it were up to the people on this message board, we'd draft a QB every 1st round, because they are all great...until they're not. Go read the "2014 Draft" thread during last year's football season and see how many idiots were shouting that Tajh Boyd was a top 10 pick and the solution to our QB problems. Same idiots that thought Nassib was a sure-fire pick, same ones that were screaming for Manziel.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The point is that the interception was horrible and it doesn't matter what happened after.

It's rationalizing in saying the interception wasn't that bad because our defense luckily holds. We take the 3 quicker and are setup on the 40ish yard line with more time on the clock for the game winning drive.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The jets had 53 trips to the red zone monday night, only managed 19 points, and lost by one score. you're telling us one of those trips to the red zone where geno threw a stupid int on 1st down had no impact on the final score. and I'm the one who doesn't get it.

Forgive me for laughing at your misguided rationalization.

#87 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  8. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

The Geno apologists are getting just as annoying as the Sanchez people were, trying to blame everything in the world EXCEPT the QB. Guess what, this is a QB league. Its the QBs job to make the offense better, not the other way around. Some fans just see what they wanna see and there's no point going back and forth with them. Whatever happens happens

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Holding Geno 110% for all the follies in the red zone is silly and ignoring the abysmal playcalling in the red zone makes no sense. Geno should not be running inside the 5 on a QB Draw when we try and proclaim we are a ground and pound team. He takes those sacks because he can't throw it without it being an Int. Grounding penalty or because our targets can't get consistent separation, especially now with Decker hurt and Kerley commanding the top Cb of every team.

Yup a Bears Defense we were spanking late in the game with the run and had multiple timeouts at our usage. But that's all on Geno for not getting it done. Its Geno's fault for not barking at our team to run the ball against a team that wanted no part of Chris Ivory or even Bilal Powell.

Had we actually ran the ball and not throw 43 times on the Bears defense when they set NFL RECORD yardage against the run last year, we win the game. He gave up 7 points btw, or does the Jets D get the benefit of the doubt when letting the Bears get a TD like the Bennett one or the one Cutler/Trestman spanked our blitzing on the red zone pass?

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I'd take Nassib for Geno straight up right now.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This just in...

Marty Mornhinweg said he's going to simplify the offense for Geno.

74 likes this.
  12. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Geno has been better in terms of running the offense and completing passes but he's been the same/worse as last season in terms of turning the ball over which is the main thing here... He needs to stop giving the ball away for us to actually win a game.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

If we ran it 43 times instead people would be complaining that MM didn't let Geno air it out against 2nd and 3rd string DB's.

14. BakerMaker

Most teams build the foundation and surrounding before finding their franchise QB. We're the only team that does not do this. Tannebaum tried to cheat the process by selling picks for guys in their prime or just past their prime and we found out the hard way where that hits our depth and talent for the young nucleus we are trying to build moving forward.

We are not a QB away from the super bowl or being a great team. Please get that through your head when you start proclaiming people as "Geno Apologists". We're all Jets fans at the end of the day and many can say Geno has not been good this year. But thinking he single handedly has the team under .500 is ridiculous and we must not be watching the same game. Must be Geno's fault for the amount of silly penalties we took in the 1st 2 games. "Colon doesn't get called on holding because Geno holds onto the ball too long. Yeah!."

I guess its Geno's fault Jordy Nelson got 200+ yards in the air last week. Of course it is, we always need a scapegoat for when everything goes wrong. Brian Winters? Someone told me he's been good this year and that Geno is making him look bad this year. Of course that's the case. We've got delusional people who think we're a QB away from greatness.

15. BakerMaker

That's why there's something called mixing it up where you can't get too predictable on the passing and too predictable on the running.

Its frustrating when you see Marty call a game like the Saints one last year where he not once let up on the run attack against a D begging for it to stop and then watch what we did on Monday when we were in scoring range against the Bears late in the game, had timeouts at hand and refused to run the hot back.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

We can do this all night--YOU'RE the guy that doesn't get it.

Nothing NOTHING happens in a vacuum.

We have no idea what would have transpired had we (i) scored a TD or (ii) kicked a FG.

The fact that we got the ball back a minute later is a metaphysical anomaly that NO ONE can determine the consequences of.

We gave up a scoring opportunity in the second half of a one possession game.

I can explain it to you.

I just can't understand it for you too.

_

Big Blocker likes this.
  17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Have you been hitting the absinthe early tonite?

_

74 and BigSnacks54 like this.
  18. truthbtold

Apology accepted

19. truthbtold

Did you watch the Giant game tonight?
    Eli gets picked in the end zone. A play or two later, Cousins gives it right back, and the Giants score a few plays after that. So according to your logic, Eli's INT cost the Giants 7 points. Yeah ... I get it now. Makes perfect sense.

This may be a shock to you, but not every interception costs you points. What happens after the INT is the determining factor. On Monday night, the events that took place immediately after the INT rendered it irrelevant. Not too hard to grasp.

BTW --- I never said it wasn't an awful throw. What I said was it didn't end up costing us anything so people should stop acting like it killed us. If I listed 10 plays that killed us in that game, that INT might not make the list. Geno did just as much to help us than he did to hurt us, but people are already calling for his benching. I find that ridiculous. There was plenty of blame to go around for that loss. If you want to see a QB give a game away, watch a replay of Cousins tonight.

#99 truthbtold, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  20. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Completely and totally untrue.

1st Interception - Great play by Woodson. Geno could have gotten it out a tiny bit earlier but it was the kind of interception that even the best QB's in the league throw all the time.

Fumble on the goal line - Awful play call by Marty. We have Marshawn Lynch Jr. and he has his QB try to run in from the 3? He got nailed and fumbled. That's the kind of thing that happens when you have a QB, no matter who it is try to run a power running play when the defense has their heavy set out.

2nd Interception - Our O-Line let the pass rush right through and hit Geno right when he threw the ball. If our O-Line does it's job, that's a touchdown.

3rd Interception - All on Geno. He has to throw that ball in the dirt.

4th Interception - Geno forgot that he was throwing the ball to David Nelson and not Calvin Johnson / AJ Green. Was it a bad decision? Yes, yes it was. Did his WR help him out in any way at all. Nope, no he didn't.

NFL starting QB's this year have an average of 3.5 turnovers right now. Geno has 5. That doesn't warrant him getting benched, especially with him getting us to the redzone more in our 1st 3 games than we have in years.