Law again? I hope not.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Don, Aug 24, 2008.

1. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

didn't Milloy switch to S from CB with the Bills as he grew old? if so, i can't remember exactly, did he help that Secondary and play will upon transitioning?

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

actually if memory serves... Milloy switched from the Bills to the Falcons.... and too be honest, whats the issue with bringing Law in for a trial run? he can obviously at worst case play for the vet min, and be better than Barrett at safety. Could he start at FS? no clue. But could he provide valuable tips for our two youngsters at corner? good lord I would hope so...

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I thought Law was a locker room cancer here. I swear I heard that from half the people on this site. Was that all just a joke after he left? You know, a reason to feel good about why he was no longer here like there seems after everybody leaves here?

4. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

law as a nickel, dime back , all day

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Didn't Herm give Law special treatment in camp, IIRC?

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yes, he won't get it here though.

Herm blows. He may have the 1st overall pick in the draft this year.

7. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member

law is a good corner...
    if the front office does not believe that what we have is good enough...we will sign law
    considering lowery is the best of the bunch right now...signing law would be a good move
    and it would allow us to cut barrett and let lowery work his way onto the field at nickel and when law/revis need rest

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Milloy's been a strong safety his whole career.

It's a rare player who moves from safety to cornerback. Almost always it is the other way around (due to a loss of speed and quickness). Ronnie Lott is the best example. He began his career as a cornerback and moved to safety late in his 5th season. He was an All-Pro at both cornerback (1981, 1983-84) and safety (1986-91).

9. ajetsfan4ever

dont forget about rod woodson

10. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'd take Law. We need help in the secondary. He's help.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Lowery start than bring in Law, but if the slated starter is Miller or Barret I wouldn't mind seeing Law instead. If Lowery starts and sucks it up, maybe Law will still be available to bring in. I really don't see Lowery sucking though, he seems to be a baller.

12. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

"Ty Law is the slowest corner in the league. I'll take Carroll over him as well."

Well I haven't seen Carroll in last few years, but he was a total bust in his first few years in Green Bay. I think he was drafted in the first first, but the Packers had to finally just plain CUT him after about two years, he was so bad. I mean cut him in the middle of the season! He would either get burned or else get pass interference penalties (and I mean multiple ones per game, I remember three P-I in one game on him). He was truly awful then, and to tell you the truth I was surprised to hear he was playing in NFL (NY or anywhere else). Has he really played better as a Jet?

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

nope.

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

yep, you're right.

it was Troy Vincent I was thinking of. I've always confused those two for some reason.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

VIncent played cornerback in Miami and Philadelphia. He finished his career at safety in Buffalo and Washington.

16. ajetsfan4ever

law was at his best before the hand check rule.

but any vet w/the experience he has, can be my nickel,dime back all day!

17. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

Yes, bring him in. Doesn't he have a really close relationship with Revis?

Lowry reminds me a lot of Revis, maybe Law can help out Lowry a bit so he can become a stellar #2 CB in this league. Law can also play some safety. He is physical enough. Law always had an eye for the ball. Having another ball-hawk at the safety position can-not hurt.

18. Kenny

Kenny New Member

Lowery doesnt have close to the talent Revis has. Revis ran a sub 4.4, and when do you ever see the guy miss a tackle?

19. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

I remember Revis ran in the 4.6 range in his first go during last year's draft. Then, I can't remember if it was during Pitt's pro-day or in a private workout when Revis ran a sub 4.4 and also had an amazing workout to solidify himself as the #1 CB prospect over Leon Hall.

I didn't say Lowery is as good as Revis. I'm just saying, he kinda looks like Revis. He looks to have fluid movements on the field just like Revis. Lowery is a very good tackler as well, hence they are not afraid to put him in as a safety. Track speed is always nice to have but if you are not fluid in your motion, you are going to get beat over and over. Take a look at Justin Miller for example. He can keep up with any WR in the NFL but he will get beat in comeback routes and double moves all day because once he starts running in one direction he just keeps going. Lowery has yet to go up against a top-tier WR, but the players he did go against, he could be easily mistaken for Revis if he was wearing 24. He really has great instinct and great ball skills.

Here are few highlights from his college days at SJSU

20. Popeye's Army

Popeye's Army New Member

Law is just talking to old coaches trying to see if anyone is interested. And nobody is. Thirty four is ancient for a CB.