Latest Jets Transactions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBallhawk, Jun 2, 2015.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ats-taking-so-long-for-a-deflategate-decision

You'll have to scroll down a bit.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Thanks bud, wasn't putting you on the spot just was intrigued.

DaBallhawk likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Do either of you agree with that CBS Sportswriter regarding Geno? Based on what Bowles has said, I can't see him waiting until November to pull Geno if Geno is struggling badly and turning the ball over. The season would be over by then.

I'm also not sure I agree with him regarding Mo, either. Signing him to a 2-3 year deal and having his contract come due the same year as Richardson and perhaps a year before Williams came due, would guarantee that the Jets couldn't keep both of them, and maybe not 2 of the 3. As I've said before, I think the deal should have already been done if Mo's contract demands aren't ridiculous. Since it isn't and the Jets still have him under contract for this season and could franchise him next season, I think they should wait and get something done during this season or during the next off season.

4. 101GangGreen101

Hell no, I don't agree with that sportswriter. If Geno is shitting the bed, I expect him to be benched during the bye week. Or even sooner.

I think a 2 or 3 yr extension is very risky, but I don't know if the Jets are really worrying about Richardson's contract right now with the drug issue. 1 toke away from a yr long suspension. Right now, its possible the CS goes with Wilkerson and Williams and Richardson could be let go. Pure speculation, but there are plenty of scenarios. I hope we can lock Mo up, he's vital to the team's success.

5. DaBallhawk

3 players were placed on PUP. The most surprising thing, Dee wasn't included so he's ready to go for today's first practice. Willie Colon however is still not ready, he's been sitting out the entire offseason. If he doesn't get cleared soon I doubt he makes the team. The 2 other guys on the list are Ridley and Vickerson. Two more longshots.

6. 101GangGreen101

Dee busting his ass to get healthy, good for him

7. DaBallhawk

Quick update with some adjustments after the first 3 TC practices. Also, one player was waived. Also moved up Austin Hill, he sounds like he really impressed so far but I doubt he makes it. Moved up Shaq Evans as well. TE Wes Saxton I put in there as the third TE making the team ahead of Kellen Davis. And some other stuff. The Guard position looks crazy, all of them are getting 1st team reps, right now Qvale wouldn't make it because I have no clue who to kick off instead. Winters doesn't make it, he's working with the starters.

There he goes. Got embarrassed yesterday a few times in blocking drills by Mauldin and IK. I doubt any of the fullbacks actually will make the team, looking at how well Amaro has blocked, that's good enough for an H-Back.

#107 DaBallhawk, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  8. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

QB (3)
    Geno Smith
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Bryce Petty

RB (4)
    Chris Ivory
    Bilal Powell
    Zac Stacy
    Daryl Richardson

WR (7)
    Brandon Marshall
    Eric Decker
    Jeremy Kerley
    Devin Smith
    Chris Owusu
    T.J. Graham
    DeVier Posey

TE (3)
    Jace Amaro
    Jeff Cumberland
    Kellen Davis

OL (9)
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    James Carpenter
    Nick Mangold
    Brent Qvale
    Breno Giacomini
    Oday Aboushi
    James Brewer
    Brian Winters
    Dakota Dozier

DL (6)
    Muhammad Wilkerson
    Damon Harrison
    Leonard Williams
    Leger Douzable
    Stephen Bowen
    Deon Simon

LB (7)
    David Harris
    Demario Davis
    Quinton Coples
    Lorenzo Mauldin
    Calvin Pace
    Erin Henderson
    IK Enemkpali

S (4)
    Calvin Pryor
    Marcus Gilchrist
    Jaiqwan Jarrett
    Antonio Allen

DB (7)
    Darelle Revis
    Antonio Cromartie
    Buster Skrine
    Dee Milliner
    Dexter McDougle
    Marcus Williams
    Darrin Walls

ST (3)
    Nick Folk K
    Tanner Purdum LS
    Ryan Quigley P

Steven Ridley PUP
    Sheldon Richardson SUS
    Zach Sudfeld IR

Notes:
    Once Steven Ridley is ready to come off PUP, I think Daryl Richardson is cut for his spot. Similarly, if Sheldon Richardson ever plays this year, Deon Simon is a casualty. No FBs will get on the roster, as Jets will be creative and try to use others (such as Amaro) for those roles. T.J. Graham earns the KR role and the Jets also keep on Posey and Owusu. However, I think one could be cut during the year if there are no injuries to the WR corp. I see them keeping 7 WRs as a precaution since Devin Smith won't be fully healthy and Brandon Marshall & Eric Decker had injuries last season. For OL, I expect Willie Colon to be cut. I am also hoping they sign Evan Mathis (but I can't predict that in these 53 man rosters). I think Calvin Pace will stick around, but I think Babin will be cut before the final roster. I'm rooting for Rontez Miles and Durrell Eskridge, but I don't think either make the roster.

9. DaBallhawk

Looking good. I don't see us keeping Posey around, he really hasn't shown anything so far. Especially not over Enunwa who is impressing right now. Stacy/Richardson could be tricky. I think Richardson might make it ahead of him because he's a different type of back than Bilal & Ivory. Babin hasn't shown anything, I agree he probably gets cut. Pace seems like a lock at this point. I'm also hoping Saxton makes it over Kellen Davis, he looks like a diamond in the rough.

10. Jetsruby

Yea, Posey hasn't shown much but they like him in the slot. He's Macc's guy and although Bowles ultimately makes the decision, I can't help but feel they will keep him....at least until Devin Smith gets healthy in my opinion. Devin and Posey have many similarities (not only are both from Ohio State). Whatever the case, I definitely think they keep around 7 at the start of the season.

I could also see them cutting Stacy when Ridley comes back, I guess that's more of a view on who's more similar to Ridley and who performs better. As far as Saxton, I like him too, but I don't think they keep more than 3 TEs around. The issue is that Kellen Davis is a great blocking TE (The only true blocking TE on the Jets right now). Saxon is a great pass-catching TE (something Amaro and Cumberland already provide). Ideally, I would cut Cumberland for Saxton, but apparently they're really high on cumberland. Perhaps he can make the roster if Saxton shows them his blocking skills in preseason.

11. NCJetsfan

No backup LT? Ijalana needs to be on the roster as he is the only guy other than Brick who can play LT.

12. DaBallhawk

After just 3 days he gets waived again. Must have struggled pretty bad.

UDFA WR Arthur Williams who was signed today takes his spot.

13. Jetsruby

These guys are just camp bodies anyways.

14. DaBallhawk

You never know. Owusu was undrafted, Snacks was, TJ Barnes was, Marcus Williams was, Brent Qvale. Each year you can find like 1-2 gems. Odds are slim, usually they don't make the team. This year we've got Saxton, Taiwan Jones, Julian Howsare, Deion Barnes, Davon Walls. I think 1-2 of them will stick around and contribute. Not the receivers though. When you have about 15 receivers already there's no way any of those undrafted guys will make the team here, this year.

15. NCJetsfan

This is how Darryl Slater sees the final 53:

I think this is pretty close. There are several spots where I disagree.

RB - Unless Ridley proves himself solidly healthy, I can't see the Jets keeping just 3 RBs, I think they keep Stacy as well as insurance

WR - I can't see them keeping 7 WRs. I think Enunwa is the odd man out.

OL - I can't see how they could keep more than 9 OL, but I will be surprised if Qvale doesn't make the team with the way he's been performing. I also would be shocked to see Harrison cut, as I don't think he would clear waivers.

DL - They know what Vickerson has done in his career, but still, if he can't get healthy, would they just keep 6 DL with Richardson suspended for at least 4 games and maybe more?

S - All along I've thought that 4 was the right number, but with Bowles liking to employ 3 safeties at once (I just learned that today), that's kind of risky.

CB - I would be stunned if Walls makes the team over Marcus Williams. If Walls performs that well in camp, I'd be less surprised to see the Jets keep 7 CBs than I would to see Williams cut.

16. DaBallhawk

Yeah, I disagree with him on numerous spots. Marcus Williams makes the team, I'd bet him anything on that one. That's a silly cut to make. Even Walls is a lock to me but I guess he'd be the one to cut if Bowles needs that extra spot for somebody else. Ridley could make it as the 3rd back but he needs to show us something first. Don't see Graham making it, or Kellen Davis. Qvale might get cut. Don't see us keeping 4 ILB or even Reilly either. That's a waste. We have enough good special teamers between the LBs, cornerbacks and safeties, we don't need additional ones like a Reilly or Henderson who don't add anything else.

17. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Looking at the updated list in the original post I have a couple comments:

First of all there is no way we are keeping seven corner backs.

Two more of those guys are getting cut.

One of those spots will go to Jason Babin.

Babin isn't going anywhere but considering the age of Babin and Pace we will probably keep four OLBs.

The other spot will most likely go to a fourth running back (even if they are just subbing until Ripley is healthy).

Also, I hope we bring in at least one more OL from another team (or free agency) to replace on of our bums.

18. Jetsruby

I like Marcus Williams too. I think all 4 RBs make the roster (Ivory/Powell/Ridley/Stacy(PUP)/Richardson). I think if T.J. Graham shows something at KR he can make the roster because he also has ability to catch the ball (unlike Saalim). Kellen Davis will make it over Wes (unfortunately) because Davis is the best blocking TE on the roster. I really like Qvale, but I agree, I can see him getting cut since there's a lot of bodies at the guard position and they need to save a spot for backup tackle. I also don't think Reilly makes the team, but I think Henderson makes the team.

19. Jetsruby

Darrin Walls may be the odd man out, but I definitely think the first 6 CBs are a lock. Antonio, Revis, Skrine, and Milliner are gimmes. Dex McDougle isn't going anywhere as he's also show great ability this camp. Marcus Williams is also putting on a show during TC. That leaves Darrin Walls on the outside, but I think it would be a mistake to cut Walls. He's actually a solid corner and a vet with a ton of starting experience. It's going to be hard not to keep all 7 of those guys.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. DaBallhawk

You can never have enough cornerbacks, go look around the league, they're all trying to get as many as they possibly can because. All of those 7 have starting potential. 2 of them are injury prone / had to sit out a year due to injury, you can't count on them. You cut somebody like Marcus Williams for...who? Reilly? Bohanon? Kellen Davis? Guys who are not contributing? Guys who won't get picked up? I wouldn't mind trading Walls for a conditional 6th or something to the Bills but you don't cut those guys, they will be on somebody elses roster and contribute bigtime because a lot of teams lack depth at corner. Babin I hope is gone. Bowles mentioned that Pace is his starter, and with Coples on the other side and IK now stepping up, Mauldin getting 1st team reps, there's no way you keep Babin.

NCJetsfan likes this.