Late Season Favre Collapse Tracker

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Nov 29, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Don, this is completely unnecessary. There's no need to attack junc.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I watched 3 qtrs of it, I saw an offense led by him that couldn't do anything in the first half and when you don't score and the opponent does that is spotting points.

YOU have the ridiculous bias not me, you excuse all his poor performances. Did he get the ball in OT w/ a chance to win? Did he lead them to the win? That's the answer right there.

:lol: That's high praise coming from someone like you.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

He led them to 30 points in regulation, should have been 31 but they had an extra point blocked. But because he didn't lead them to a score in there one overtime possession when Adrian Peterson fumbled the ball, it's his fault they lost. You can't even give him credit when he plays well. I'm willing to say he sucked the previous few weeks.

Yet I'M the one with the bias. OK Junc. I'm done with this one. Keep living in fantasy world.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

If Favre provided better veteran leadership maybe Peterson wouldn't fumble so much.

5. nyjunc

I said he was great in the 2nd half but you absolve him from any blame even though he led them to ZERO points in the first half and had his chance in OT and couldn't get it done.

I apologize if I don't make enough excuses for the guy.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

My point about the first half was that he wasn't exactly terrible or whatever exaggerated adjective it was you used. They threw fewer than 10 passes in the first half, and the pass protection was in fact bad. Favre threw ONE bad pass in the first half. No where did I even say he played well in the first half, just that he wasn't horrible.

Now you can say those are excuses all you want, but they are facts. You tried to say Favre spotted them 16 points in the first half. That is not a fact. It's made up juncian bullshit.

Once they opened it up and started passing (you know, Favres job) in the second half he helped lead them to 30 points and what should have been 31 and a victory.

Good point.

7. nyjunc

Can you blame Minny for being gunshy about allowing Favre to throw alot? This team is going as far as Peterson takes them not as far as Favre takes them. he's still good enough to take over and help a team win like he did in the 2nd half last night but if they are relying on his arm they have no shot.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

They've already gone as far as Peterson would take them. That's why they went out and took a shot on a washed up 40 year old QB who can't play in cold weather.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

In all fairness I believe CHI was down to like it's 10th string DB's...
    But Favre still drove them down and now he can go suk armadillo dick

10. nyjunc

Peterson played 2 years in the NFL prior to this year. They got favre in the hopes he could make defenses honest when facing Peterson. They didn't get him b/c Peterson took them as far as he could, that's ridiculous especially acquiring a QB who has proven he can't win big games this decade and a guy that's now 40 years old.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

You have to be able to pass the ball in the NFL. Look at all the playoff teams and look at the top passing attacks. The #1 running team in the NFL still needs to win to get in and is not likely to go far unless there passing game steps up.

They got Favre because they didn't think T. Jackson was a good enough QB to win it all for them and they thought Favre was.

If you ask me, they have MUCH bigger problems than QB right now. I think Green Bay would beat them easily.

12. DbaJets

DbaJets New Member

junc is a good name for him because he posts a lot of junk. No offense, this isnt a personal attack but his Chad love over the years really killed his credibility.

13. nyjunc

That's more on Tavaris jackson than Adrian Peterson, isn't it?

14. GreenMachine

He threw 40 times vs Chicago

15. WhiteShoeWillis

The point is that even the best running back in the game isn't enough to carry an offense. You have to have a potent passing attack or you're probably not going far.

16. nyjunc

They lost, right? to a terrible team w/ nothing to play for.

minny has no shot then.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

The passing attack looked pretty potent last night. There defense and special teams looked awful though. Unless they improve those areas it wouldn't matter if Dan Marino was the QB.

18. nyjunc

against a terrible Bears team. Let's see them do that against philly or NO. if they can they have a great shot but I don't see it happening.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

The Bears pass defense is ranked higher than Philly and NO's. I would bet that has a lot to do with how often each team is being passed on, but the Bears have some good players in there secondary and d-line.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Rephrasing: Favre will only go as far as Peterson and the D take him.

I hope the Giants D shows up and the Vikings stay as the 3 seed or lower.

#140 BadgerOnLSD, Dec 31, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2009