Kirk Cousins Mega Thread. Post all your thoughts under this thread.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 19, 2018.

?

Your best option at QB if Mac cannot get Kirk Cousins?

Poll closed Mar 13, 2018.
  1. Sign Case Keenum

6 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Sign Teddy Bridgewater

22 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Sign Sam Bradford

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Sign Drew Brees

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. Trade for Alex Smith

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Trade for Nick Foles

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  7. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Sam Darnold

18 vote(s)
    9.6%
  8. Trade for Browns No. 1 Overall Pick: Draft Josh Rosen

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  9. Stay at 6 and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

72 vote(s)
    38.3%
  10. Trade up for Colts 3rd or Browns 4th Overall Pick and draft a QB: Post Your Choice

23 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Mo and HOTJ, you guys are only looking at Sanchez' base salary and not the cap ramifications. It was an extension, so in 2013 for example, his guaranteed $8.25 mill came with the remainer of his extension AND rookie bonuses. Which were about an additional $9 million. So in 2013 for example, Mark Sanchez cost the Jets $17 million in cap space. That's also the year we lost HOFer Darrelle Revis in his prime because they couldn't afford him.

I answered nicely because I like you HOTJ

zace likes this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Mo is irrational and doesnt care about logic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm well aware of what the cap ramifications are. Some of us do the research. It's still a bad point. I already outlined who we lost in 2013 and considering your point was we had to let people go who carried him in 2009/2010... you were wrong.

And I think it was pretty widely accepted that spending $16 mil a year on a CB, like the Buccs did, was asinine. We ended up with Sheldon Richardson because of Sanchez "costing" us Revis so... thanks Mark! Kearse and that 2nd look nice right about now!

4. BroadwayAaron

Logic... like saying "Cousins pads his stats in the fourth" when he has either better or similar numbers in the 2nd and 3rd. That's logic for ya.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Except he doesn't. You obviously didn't look very hard.

6. BroadwayAaron

2nd Q - 1095 yards
    3rd Q - 1063 yards
    4th Q - 1053 yards

You and Nagle should check out this thing called the internet. Tons of useful info.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lol You really dont know how to synthesis information. He ahs more attempts and completions and a highwr completion percentage in the 2nd and 4th quarters, indicating he well, does better than. Its not even close. Its very jarring. He also has more TDs in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Ya know when teams typically play a more lax defense?

Problem, most of his ints come in the 4th quarter. So its exactly what i said. A stat padder who fails in crunch time. Just like the rest of his situational stats say.

Its funny you only used those stats, "since you mastered" the internet, you looked at his stats, knew i was right and doggedly tried to defend your position instead of simply acknowledging im right. Now let me say this one last time little boy, leave the actual discussion to the men and go trail off somewhere else before i have to embarass you again.

8. BroadwayAaron

Since the rest of what you said isn't worth replying to (because I have plenty of times)... man, this part right here. I've seen this kind of behavior before somewhere. Overconfident, talking trash on the internet because it helps you feel better, maybe deep down just knowing you're wrong? You're right, I should bow out, your knowledge of the game certainly Trump's mine.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cimini is predicting they re-sign Mcclown and draft Mason Rudolph in the second round to carry the clipboard under Mcclown. I think I'm sick and its not the flu

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Lol trust me you wouldnt dare get mouthy with me in person. Which btw, im way worse in person. I have even less tolerance, but thats irrelevant honestly. Youre wrong, end of story, so graceful bow out and put me on ignore.

11. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You have to be sick to take whatever Cimini writes as fact. Who cares what that twit says and let's it bothers him. Don't sweat, not like he's ever right about these things. That deal wound make me sick too, lol

#991 LF911SC, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Ah the internet tough guy. Every site has one. They never realize they are the joke. I'm just padding my stats at this point though so I'll stop.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm looking at his cap numbers. In 2013 his cap number was 12.9M, not 17M. https://overthecap.com/player/mark-sanchez/1009 There was an additional 4.8M dead money hit in 2014, but that isn't a backbreaker either. The key is his extension was 40.5M, but he only got 20.5M of it because a lot of it wasn't guaranteed.

#993 HomeoftheJets, Feb 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="MoProblems96, post: 3655917, member: 9421" We ended up with Sheldon Richardson because of Sanchez "costing" us Revis so... thanks Mark! Kearse and that 2nd look nice right about now![/QUOTE]

Absent trading Revis it is highly unlikely we would have taken Dee Milliner with the 9th pick. Most likely we would have still take Richardson. It is possible we would have taken someone other than Richardson at 9 but almost a certainty that we would have not taken Milliner. I hate to butt into the middle of your argument with Browning Nagle but the Miilliner, Jalen Saunders and 16 million of cap space minus the cap hit from the extra 1st round pick. is what we got for trading Revis not Richardson. There is a good argument that the cap savings alone was worth the trade but arguing we got Richardson in addition is pretty unrealistic.

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Im sure. Who's the internet tough guy again? Cuz youre the only one saying that, and since you're a master of the internet it must be you lol. What a chump. Go laud that wonderful 44 percent redzone completion percentage. Heres some hashtags for you master wizardof the internet. #moproblemsnobrains #internettoughguy #nocontext #couldneverdoarealjobwithbrains
    #blockme #yesimjustbeingajerknow #lol

16. BroadwayAaron

It was just using the most direct path. Of course it's a pure hypothetical. It's just as likely that we wouldn't have drafted Richardson though.

God damnit I'm getting owned.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't mind because I think Cousins gives us a chance to win the SB. He isn't Brady or Rodgers, but if QBs like Eli, Flacco, and Foles can win SBs Cousins can too. And I don't think paying him a lot of money means much. Eli made a lot of money when he won his SBs, and the Broncos won the 2015 SB with a very expensive Peyton playing like a shell of himself. So I'll take 5 years of Cousins and figure out what to do 5 years from now. If you have a different opinion of how good Cousins is then we'll have to agree to disagree.

FJF likes this.
  18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Regardless of talent, i dont think youre getting 5 years out of him. That isn't necessarily due to his play is what i mean. Other guys need to be paid, and getting a qb mid career, means were gonna be back here sooner than later. I feel like we have a good incoming qb draft class. There is a guy here and we are in range to go up and get him. Lets do that that, and solve this problem for 10 years instead.

19. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

No horse in this race, but how are you padding stats by throwing picks?

Skins aren't a good team and it makes sense that KC would throw more picks trying to come back in games, i.e. taking more chances late.

Cousins is kind of robotic in his play. He has problems when plays break down and when the field shrinks.

It doesn't seem to come natural to him but he's worked his arse off to produce in the league despite a dogshit FO not backing him. My hats off to him but I would not spend the $$(27+) on him.

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone with half a brain crowned Fitz as a savior. Most knew he was a short term fix. Jimmy G has been crowned by more than just fans. The 9ers whole organization is in on this one. You don’t hand out that contract, which is worlds away from the fitz contract, unless you believe he’s the guy. Your really talking out your ass on this one.