Kerry Rhodes on SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 7 to Shea, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Because people love to read into anything to in order to try and prove their point. If he was wearing Red, White & Blue on 4th of July some people would interpret that as him going to the Patriots.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

um...he's under contract and there aren't any no-trade clauses in football.he goes where he goes or he doesn't get paid.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I played football for 14 years and had many coaches throughout that time. Some coaches, and I can guarantee Rex is one of these, want their defense to "scoop and score".

4. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I HIGHLY doubt that, considering Rex said a big hit turns a game more than a turnover.

Rex wants THE BIG HIT.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Wait... what?

6. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

Fuck is he staying??

7. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

I've heard Rex say it at least 3 times. Heard him say it in an interview before the Chargers (?) game.

"A big hit changes the game more than anything, more than a turnover." - straight from Rex himself.

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

:) yes please.

With everything thats happened this season, the last thing we want for next is a potential locker room cancer,
    Pettine was interviewed right after the Colts game and said how the D had supported the O when things were not going right for them. The team has great chemistry and it doesn't take much to destroy all that, especially as we are now being viewed as contenders.

9. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

can't stand the guy get him out!!!!he don't need no clown rather see eric smith as S!!!

10. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Sadly Eric Smith pretty much played on the same level as Rhodes this season, and Kerry doesnt hit close to as hard as Eric Smith. I own a Rhodes Jersey, haven't worn the thing since week 4 and probably never will again.

I'm sick of this guy, him telling us how high his vertical jump was during the onside kick in the chargers playoff game was enough.

But in the end, whatever Rex does I will agree with. My trust is in Rex, I know he'll do the right thing.

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

12. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Get him and his Ed Reed sized contract out of here!

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If we could redo his deal, make it more incentive based I say keep him unless we could get a first rounder.

Kerry has the talent and could be a huge part of this defense if he truly applies himself.

14. kryptonix14

kryptonix14 New Member

Honestly, i don't think he will come back, he played like crap this year and the Jets to get better at Safety and DE if they want to become really dominant on D

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The whole year??

That is BS, he did have some great games mixed in the regular season and especially the post-season.

He just seems like the Jet that everyone loves to hate right now, but after the San Diego game most of us loved him.

The onside kick recovery was HUGE!

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Why would Kerry re-do his deal? From he's perspective he is great and his deal is awesome for him.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Hahaha, well said! :up:
    --------------

And for those retards who believe he was comparing himself to Ed Reed, he went out of his way (via words and mannerisms) to make it clear he wasn't putting himself in the same class as Reed. But believe whatever you want. Especially if you didn't even watch the interview. Because then your opinion is even more valid!

18. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So he basically said nothing? Who was the fuck who was promoting this event on here? Must be an SNY employee. Glad I did not watch.

19. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Ummm, actually he said alot, but like you said, you didn't watch the interview, you really aren't in a position to say much.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So because as people have stated here, he said "I want to be here" that is a big announcement? It is nothing.