Justin Fields Pro Day. March 30th Tuesday

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I assume you are referring to the massage table?

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yes, lol. I think we can agree that Watson to the Jets isn't happening.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The CC game Is what gives you the nod for Zach Wilson?

Zach Wilson didn't look good in that game. Was confused and pressured. He wasn't seeing that field well in that game. He didn't complete a pass till the second quarter, right? He was under 50% completion percentage In the first half If I remember correctly. BYU had a far better roster as well. They still got pushed around despite that. I thought Wilson really only looked good on the last drive of the game but even that drive was flawed.

Yeah. I don't know why people are giving Wilson this amazing ability to read a defense, but, Justin Fields is dog shit at it.

Truly don't get it at all.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I've watched tons of film on wilson and fields. a decent amount on jones. not much on lance or tlaw yet. I've even watched some on sam howell who is a top prospect next year. I've been doing my due dilligence over time and will do more leading up to the draft.

also FWIW I said this stuff when people were hyping him as perfect and a 1B to tlaw's 1A and before all the other people jumped in and said it. I said it all first

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

I didn't say playstyle. I said on film. both have the long wind up, both key in on 1 target and don't process the play well. both can gun a ball but only with a wind up. lower body laziness and poor footwork doesn't match upper body mechanics. Both are high character and loved by their teammates and hard workers and tough.

My issue is as a passer he suffers a lot of the negatives of leftwhich. yes he's more athletic, I don't really care about that. mobile QBs don't fit our system. We need a QB with a quick release who processes the field fast. doesn't mean fields won't be good. it means he's not a good fit for our team

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well folks, with all these QB starving teams jumping for position, I must admit the hated Miami Dolphangs pull a brilliant move. They will arguably get the best non QB player in the draft at six, the one they wanted at three in the first place, while gaining extra premium draft capital to boot. That is the sign of a great trade... YOU TRADE DOWN, STILL GET THE GUY YOU WANT and get extra quality picks to boot.
    I also believe that the SF 49ers indirectly knew pretty accurately who the Jets wanted, and since SF only had two QB candidates acceptable, said "screw this", we are not paying the extra load to move to 2, pay the premium with Miami and move up. Done deal. And Miami walks away with the best LT in years, or best TE, or best WR. Not bad

#506 LAJet, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Miami did exactly what I was hoping the Jets would do. They are on the cusp of building a solid team.

Brook!, ouchy and LAJet like this.
  8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Fields hi-top fade is certainly on point today.

Shows attention to detail.:D

NYGANGGREEN, Brook!, azhar80 and 2 others like this.
  9. bicketybam

Miami made great trades but they could have made a collosal blunder in putting their faith in Tua. They can end up with a great team and a mediocre QB re: 2010 Jets. You have to consider that.

10. GasedAndConfused

and with 4 1st rounders in the next 2 seasons if tua isn't the answer they can land a QB

ouchy likes this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I think he was being sarcastic tbh

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  12. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

All this drama and arguing like opinions matter, Douglas is picking who and when he wants, fans getting rabid is so funny.

Brook! likes this.
  13. bicketybam

Assuming there's one there.

I'm not as scared of Miami as others are. I watched a lot of their games. Fitz played lights out and singlehandedly won games for them. Their WR core is meh. Their OL isn't good. They have no RB. I'm way more worries about Buffalo.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

they have a ton of picks. they can land a stud LT and blue chip WR in the 1st this year. not including the rest of their draft.

15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Well, Fields did try to copycat Wilson, but couldn't quite make the ball go to the right, so it went left and wobbled because of his small hands not gripping the ball well. I will now post on twitter a completely different throw Sam completed to show that Fields throw was no big deal.

NCJetsfan and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Fields has some of the best in sync mechanics minus his "wind up" as compared to Leftwich who pretty much exclusively threw standing straight up with all arm. Fields throws in a more fluid crouched stance and the only flaw in his mechanics is his arm motion, which really isn't a big deal since everything else is sound.

As far as processing the field, most of that ends up being done pre-snap. Pro quarterbacks don't have six seconds to throw and honestly neither do college quarterbacks. The processing comes before the play and they're reading leverage. It's not like you even see NFL quarterbacks getting to their third read in a league where offensive line play has gotten progressively worse.

Not to mention, Leftwich didn't have a processing problem he had an inaccuracy problem because he had no idea how to arc a ball over defenders he tried to throw it right through every single one.

But whatever. Do you dude.

17. bicketybam

I've already stated that I can live with either Fields or Wilson but the Fields' throw was not the same as Wilson's. He threw to the same side if the field as the recover as did Sam in his 49'ers throw.

REVISion likes this.
  18. bicketybam

So Browning Nagle?

NYGANGGREEN and Brook! like this.
  19. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Why does a mobile QB not fit our system? Kyle Shanahan is currently trying to upgrade from Jimmy G who has one of the quickest releases in the league.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That is precisely the point. Yes, Miami is definitely good, but it will come down to Tua whether they will be a fringe play off team or perennial contender for years to come. If Tua busts, who knows if they can find a franchise QB next year, and how much it will cost them to get one.

NCJetsfan and bicketybam like this.