Josh Freeman Won't Be Offered Extension

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jan 7, 2013.

1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

In 2010 he was a 2nd year QB going through his up and downs. Why is that so hard to understand? He did enough good an great things for the jets to go 11-5 a trip to the AFCC and played well enough in that game to win it. He now sucks and has regressed.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Right, so let's use some LOGIC here. On one hand, we have delusional, Sanchez nut-huggers hopelessly clinging to this somewhat decent sophomore season posted by their esteemed hero. On the other hand, when sensible folks attempt to allude to the fact that, even during THAT season, Mark was irrefutably mediocre, we get the retort that it was only his second year, and as a result, we should expect some understandable lapses in performance. You can't have it both ways, friends. Either we can evaluate the season, or we can't. And guess what, here is the bottom line: Through FOUR full seasons as the Jets starting quarterback, Mark's best season, BY FAR, was his second year when he was on a stacked team and put up decent to mediocre numbers and played very inconsistently. He had some wonderful moments and some dreadful ones. Other than this one shining year? He's been bad by almost any objective standard you want to use. What more is there to really say or write? At what point does reality set in for the Sanchez brigade?

#82 slimjasi, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

where he rescued an overrated D and run game to lead us to 4-5 comeback wins and helped us win 11 games. Stop looking at boxscores and start watching games.

4. slimjasi

Even if what you just wrote was entirely accurate (it isn't), that still doesn't excuse the other three full seasons of Sanchez blowing huge portions of ass. It still doesn't change the fact that you are desperately defending, arguably, the worst tenured starting quarterback in the league, all while adamantly reprimanding anyone for alluding to his perennially poor statistical performances (You know, statistics, the OBJECTIVE standards by which NFL players are measured). And we haven't even gotten into this season yet . . . the season where Mark lost all semblance of confidence and competence, respectively . . . the season where Mark committed game-changing turnover after game-changing turnover.

And since you never seem to have a meaningful, logically coherent retort to any of my points of contention (most of them, you simply ignore because you couldn't possibly have anything relevant to offer), I'm curious about the one thing you DO keep responding with. You keep writing to me (and every other sensible person on this board who is shocked by how delusional you are) that I should "watch the games" instead of relying on statistics, or you know, FACTS, to support my contentions. My question is, do you honestly believe that 99% of this message board, the NFL community, the collective sports media, etc, etc, don't watch the games? Do you honestly think you are the only one capable of seeing something in that pathetic NFL quarterback you keep defending that the rest of us, somehow, don't see? Are you really that delusional?
    Are you really that arrogant?

FYI, most of us are not saying that it is impossible for Sanchez to one day develop into a good NFL quarterback. Most people are simply pointing out that Sanchez, thus far, has been a major disapointment, and as a result, most people want the Jets to go in another direction.

#84 slimjasi, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  5. laxin

laxin Active Member

Holy shit Junc, what will make you stop? Who honestly cares what Sanchez did 3 years ago... He is absolutely garbage now. A bottom 3 QB in this league. Does his decent play 3 years ago still make you overlook the last two horrible seasons he just had? It would be one thing if he started off with two horrible seasons like the last two and increasingly got less sucky.

Is this franchise so horrible that it has a long time fan (I assume) like you defending a bad QB til the death because of a few good plays and wins in the past?

6. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Ah, then we need.... RICK MIRER!!!!!

I think he is available.

7. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is...LOL

8. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

Freeman would be an upgrade over Sanchez, but the cost is too prohibitive. It makes no sense for Tampa to deal him, unless they get another QB through trade. Only way he becomes available is if they trade for Flynn (no reason why they should) or someone similar, and then feel the need to move Freeman. Otherwise, I see them taking a QB in the 2nd or 3rd this year, and then just waiting it out. Infact, they are much better off with that plan, than trying to trade for someone like Flynn.

9. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I'd keep sancho's contract and let Tampa pay Freeman's contract and swap players straight up! Freeman could do more with what we have than Sancho could. Sanchez would do less with what freeman has in Tampa! Mark it down!

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I wonder if there is a Mark Sanchez May Get Released thread over at the Bucs forum?

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Leave out the personal attacks.

Freeman fits more what Rex would want in a quarterback I would think. If we're going to have a project quarterback, I'd rather one with a clean slate that is big, strong, and a little mobile. He's shown flashes, too.

I'm not convinced Freeman will ever be a star either, but I think there's more tools to work with there, and he's not burned in NY.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Two first rounders for Freeman sounds steep for someone who's primary roll on offense would be Alex Smith's personal clipboard protector.

/highjack

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd take a flier on em if he were a FA. Wouldn't give up any picks or players for him tho.

I'm all for rollin with Alex Smith next year.

14. usc1978

usc1978 New Member

He's never going to reach free agency, but I think the price might be too high to trade for him. They're not going to take Sanchez in a deal, so we'd be stuck paying Sanchez plus extending Freeman.

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Wait a second - did you just call out Junc for being a fantasy induced homer? But you were using fantasy stats 2 pages back?

[​IMG]

16. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Nah. You do not trade Revis or Cromartie for a stopgap. And that is all I feel he would be. Our next QB will hold the fort until something decent comes along. And I do not trade a Revis for that.

17. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

......LOL......:beer:

18. slimjasi

nope. not at all. I was saying that Junc's "fantasies" induce his homerism. If you read what I have been writing, I have been writing that it is absolutely RIDICULOUS to suggest that individual statistics are meaningless, as Junc has repeatedly argued.