Josh Freeman Won't Be Offered Extension

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheCoolerGlennFoley, Jan 7, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we scored over 20 pts in all 11 wins so what is your point?

at Miami: D blew 14 pt lead, 1 play after Miami took 17-14 lead Sanchez threw a TD. after Miami pulled w/in 1 late sanchez led TD drive to put us up 8 w/ under 2 mins left. The D had to hold on in the EZ to win

vs. Minny: in monsoon doesn't turn ball over, gets us out to 15 pt lead, D allows Minny to creep w/in 2 and he leads us on 66 yd TD drive to put us up 9. D then allows Minny to score quick TD, O gets 2 1st downs and D finishes off Minny w/ INT.

Jets tie game at 17 in 4th, D allows Den to kick FG to go up 20-17 w/ under 4 mins left. Sanchez leads us to GW TD

trailing 20-10 w/ just over 4 mins left leads us to 10 pts to go to OT and on first possession sets up chip shot GW FG

at Cleveland, despite the O possessing the ball for almost 38 mins in regulation the D allows the vaunted Browns O to take over w/ 2 1/2 to play and score a TD to send to OT. sanchez wins it w/ a TD pass late in OT

vs. Hou: D blows 23-7 4th qtr lead, Sanchez gets ball at NYJ 28 w/ no TOs down 4 and :49 secs to play. leads us to GW TD

but hey his QB rating wasn't great so obviously he sucked:rofl:

at den:

2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Is he an upgrade over Sanchez? Yes. Is he a great QB? No.

The guy definitely has a lot of upside. He's big and strong armed, and can move a little back there as well. With the right coach he could definitely develop into an above average QB. I would take a chance on him.

3. nyjunc

do you not remember he lost Shonn Greene which was the only run game he had as Jones was shot at that point? D allows Colts to take momentum then those pass rushers could pin their ears back and not have to worry about us running the ball. Good recipe for winning.

The O scored w/ plenty of time to play down 5 late in the game, the D could have allowed a 1st down but instead they allowed 2 and didn't give our O a shot. This after setting the tone for the game w/ allowing a 9 minute drive by Pitt which resulted in a TD.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I guess this is a really hard concept for you but I'll try my best to enlighten your sensibilities : We lost 5 games that season. Our offense was clearly the weakest unit on the team in the majority of those losses. And for each of those wonderful comebacks you just alluded to, Sanchez had his share outright dreadful performances. Nothing you wrote changes the fact that when we lost, Sanchez was usually the biggest single reason why. He was mediocre that year . . . AT BEST. And the sad part is, this is the only season you even dare to try and glorify, and even then, you are grasping at a play here, a drive here, a pass here, etc, etc, etc . . . all while failing miserably to see the forest through the trees.

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Lets us not forget the biggest factor in 2010 is we bet the farm to win it all in 2010.

In 2011 the Jets thought (or hoped) Sanchez would take a huge step and unloaded his weapons Cotch, Braylon and Richardson and replaced them with Mason and Plax. That worked out so well this past season they went out and got a bunch of guys i never heard of and raw rookie WR. To top that off Holmes went down. Lets not forget the great o-line in 2011.

Yeah but Sanchez sucks and sucked his rookie and second year. (No he was very good for a rookie and second year player). He sucked in his fourth year and is more than likely ruined but the organization, Tanny and the stupid ass Jets fans had a lot to do with that.

On to the next QB that will suck when he comes here and the cycle starts all over again.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Freeman has gotten better this year. I think he'll be a good QB, and the price could be right to finally bring in the guy we could have drafted instead of Sanchez.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

He was a 2nd year QB in 2010. Luck is great for his comebacks and clutch throws but Sanchez sucks? He was on his way to being great in his second year then the Org pulled the rug from underneath him.

8. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He was very clutch in 2010 but his problem is with consistency, he's never put together stretches of consistently good play throughout any length of time. Even in 2010 the guy completed only 55% of his passes in a league that is tailored for QB's. He is to inaccurate when throwing the football. He puts together very strong games here and there but it's to infrequent.

Sanchez is probably a great example of someone whose coaches let him down, they took a lot of talent away from him and didnt do a good enough job of replacing it but that doesn't make up for his decision making.

9. nyjunc

loss 1 to Bal: both blamed equally
    loss 2 to GB: O
    loss 3 to NE: D
    loss 4 to Mia: O
    loss 5 to Chi: D

it was pretty equal and if you want to discuss credit for wins:

reg season:
    NE: equal
    Mia: O
    Buf: equal
    Min: O
    Den: O
    Det: equal
    Cle: O
    Hou: O
    Cin: D
    Pitt: D
    Buf: basically an exhibition game

10. nyjunc

Consistency has always been an issue, I agree w/ you.

11. slimjasi

1) Yes, we lost Shonn Greene. It was an enormous loss at a critical juncture in the game. If Sanchez were half the amazing winner your fantasy-induced homerism suggests, he would have found a way to drive us for one meager fucking score against the vaunted (slightly above average) Colts defense in an entire half of football. Again, missing the forest through the trees.

2) Yes, the defense was a major disapointment in the Steelers game. The score was 24-3 at halftime. But two realities: A) It would have sure been nice to score more than three points in the first half of a fucking AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. No? B) The defense really only gave up 17 points in the first half, because as I'm sure you will remember, your beloved quarterback got blind-sided and fumbled away 7 points to instantly make a 17-0 lead 24-0. (As we have seen throughout his career, Sanchez's ability to fumble in crucial spots is second to none among drop back quarterbacks). Let me guess, this wasn't Sanchez's fault either, right?

Let me again reiterate that I feel both Championship game losses were team efforts. I don't blame Sanchez for either of them and I actually think Sanchez was rather brilliant in the second half of the Steelers game. But once more, you conveniently ignore (either willfully, or otherwise) the obvious: We played around Sanchez in 2009 and 2010. By any objective standards, his job was not to fuck up the games (Something he still managed to do on a number of instances). since then, the talent around him has eroded and he has been asked to shoulder a larger portion of the load. He has failed, miserably, regressing horribly in the process. To deny this is to ignore reality, something you are apparently very comfortable with.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Even the Packers loss I don't put that on Mark that was on the WRs. We had had like 8 dropped passes and 2 that were stripped that were counted as INTs.

Wish that version of Sanchez was still here...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I like Freeman but I think he will get killed by the fans and media in NY. He is a risk taker not a ball control QB not good for the way Rex wants to play and/or the weapons the Jets currently have.

14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Junc, he's a shit QB. Give it a fucking rest.

15. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Freeman would be a luxury at this point and our team just has far too many holes to fill with picks. Certainly, all the injuries skews the amount of rebuilding that we have to do, but it's clear that our Jets need to rebuild our offensive line and LB corps.

TL;DR: Freeman would be great to pickup off waivers or the street, but not worth a pick.

16. slimjasi

some of these are outright laughable.

For starters, you can't lose a game 45-3 against an average (At best) defensive team and claim that the loss was solely on the defense. That's simply idiotic.

Secondly, and this one takes the cake, when you lose a game 10-9 on your home field to open the season and your quarterback does his best personification of the term "Checkdown charlie", blaming the offense and defense equally is beyond illogical. Our offense was pathetic in that game , and in particular, our passing offense was embarrassing. Again, Get real.
    (Interestingly, I always felt the biggest play of that game was Shonn Greene fumbling the ball after Cromartie picked off Flacco and set our Offense up inside the Baltimore 40 yard line, already nursing a 6-0 lead . . . But Sanchez still sucked huge portions of cock, sorry)

17. nyjunc

He was a ROOKIE QB on the road in the AFC Championship against a great pass rushing duo where they knew we had to pass.

Peyton manning w/ MUCH mopre talent was SHUT OUT in a postseason game.

It would have been nice to score more than 3 and allow less than 17. Again, that 9 min drive to open the game set the tone. It kept our O on the sideline cold and they beat us up to take the 7-0 lead.

The fumble was an incomplete pass, we got a bad call there and instead of melting he brought us right back and got a FG which combined w/ the opening TD of the 2nd half brought us w/in 24-10 w/ an eternity to play.

Opening drive by NE? FG
    we miss FG
    2nd NE drive? TD
    we punt
    3rd NE drive? TD
    we finally score to make it 17-3
    what does D do? allows another TD to make it 24-3

The O sucked but we would have needed to score 50 pts to win that game, that is unrealistic for any offense.

week 1 2010 facing a great D in what was expected to be a low scoring game.

Our "great" D allows Baltimore to possess the ball for 38 1/2 minutes. You expect our O to score at will in 21 1/2 mins they had the ball? look at some of the 3rd down conversions the D allowed to keep the clock and chains moving for Baltimore:

3rd and 9
    3rd and 13
    3rd and 28(not a typo)
    3rd and 9
    3rd and 9
    3rd and 10
    3rd and 5
    3rd and 7
    3rd and 10
    3rd and 10

but yeah it was all on our O, this is my point. Dig deeper, don't just look at boxscores.

The O and D blew that game.

18. slimjasi

Btw, of our 5 losses in 2010, the year Sanchez nut-huggers love to endlessly glorify (while conveniently ignoring his abominable career numbers pertaining to the OTHER three seasons of his career, or you know, 75% of his fucking career), we scored:

9 points against Baltimore on opening night and Sanchez threw for 60 yards. Anyone who watched that game and didn't have his/her head up Mark's ass thought he sucked.

0 Points against Green Bay. Junc, I'm sure part of you thinks this game was the defense's fault as well. Please, amuse us.

3 points against New England. Sanchez threw for 149 yards and three picks against the Vaunted Pats defense.

6 points against the Dolphins. Sanchez passed for 193 yards and two (HORRIBLE) Picks. (To be fair, Holmes dropped a sure TD Pass)

34 points against the Bears. Sanchez played very well (Although his interception down the left-sideline sealed the game)

For the year Sanchez had 17 Tds, 13 Ints, completed 54.8% of his passes (which was ranked 29nth or 30th, I believe), and had a 75.3 QBR (Which was also ranked fairly low, although I don't remember exactly where). Meanwhile, our defense was ranked 6th in points allowed and 3rd in yards. Oh, damn, there I go with those meaningless "Fantasy Numbers" again. Once more, I sincerely apologize to nyjunc.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Oh come the fuck on. Sanchez is a loser with a loser mentality. The only true believer in Sanchez is the man who lets him fuck his wife ever so often.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

After 4 seasons Sanchez still can't beat good defenses. That's the Chad problem. However Sanchez now also can't beat bad defenses.