John Idzik Press Conference thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Oct 27, 2014.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Michael Kay and Don Le Greca are grilling Idzik right now.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

personally i prefer more passion too.
    i also really like Rex, and love that he doesn't give nearly as much cliche as any other coach, while showing genuine emotion.

it's kind of funny that people kill Rex for his approach, then also kill Idzik for the Belichick approach of mumbling nothing.
    i think bottom line, when you are losing, you simply cannot win with fans.....winning is what makes the approach good and not the other way around.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

lmao Idzik is a fucking moron - Heard he embarrassed himself again

chris5533 likes this.
  4. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Conspicuous by his absence: Br4dw4ySux.....LOLOL come on Bradway, tell us how well our "real GM" is doing after "building the right way" and getting "good value".

legler82 likes this.
  5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Has an owner fired a GM after one season?

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

No matter what happens I will always be thankful to Idzik for Richardson not unlike the appreciation I will always hold for Tanny, Rex and Sanchez for the 2 AFCC runs.

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Absolute embarrassment. The team is 1-7 and a total disaster and this sycophant opens up with a 15 minute commercial about growing up a Jet fan, what a great job "Mr Johnson" is doing and how amazing the stadium and the facilities are. I don't know what's worse, having a worm that will happily lap that baseball cap with a suit wearing dweeb's ass as a GM or having an owner that's such a narcissistic fool that he would actually eat that stuff up.

8. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

99% of fans wanted the stoic , slow process after the Tanny era.... now we have it we want the flashy GM.. Idzik was a strange hire but he fit the profile and in many ways his approach has made the ship more flexible moving forward however his personnel moves have been of the chocolate fireguard level...this roster is weak except for probably 10 Good-V Good players ( Wilkerson , Richardson , Coples , Harris , Davis , Decker, Brick , Ivory , Mangold and Amaro )....remainder would struggle to get a role on a starting line up elsewhere...

Guy should be canned at end of year along with Rex , allow a new GM with zero Cap issues to build a roster . Bring in a whole new coaching staff and rid ourselves of this undisciplined bunch which we have become....

FlaJet likes this.
  9. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

How on earth has this thread reached 8 pages when he said nothing about anything or anyone. Grey grey man

10. gustoonarmy

I seem to remember that no other fucker wanted the job.

11. gustoonarmy

ha ha not yet

Poeman likes this.
  12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sounds like he's ass kissing to keep his job. This guy has become a straight up clown, how many clowns can be in a clown car at once geez?

FlaJet likes this.
  13. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Because of the circumstances. No cap space and can't choose your own coach. It'll be a little different this time around.

14. gustoonarmy

It wont be if Rex is still there

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

No accountability !
    Idzik thinks all is well in Jetville,,,,,,,I wanted to hear him say ,,,this is unacceptable,,,,everyone's job is on the line,,,an apology to me and the rest of the jet fans ! Instead we get this cumbaya bs,,,,,,,,God I miss Bill Parcells !

chris5533 and Murrell2878 like this.
  16. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Idzik got Richardson for Darrelle Revis fwiw.

17. Truth4U2

Truth4U2 Well-Known Member

Idzik knows his job is on the line, so he has to paint as rosy a picture as he can about the state of the team. If he can convince Woody that the team is headed in the right direction long-term, then he will get more time to see it through.

18. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Do you really think Rex is staying?
    I think which each passing loss, Woody is going to blow it up at the end of the year and act fast to get a big name to come in here

Watch what kind of start the Knicks get off to. If they do well, and Phil Jackson is in the news getting credit, Woody will be hot to bring in a big name coach/gm (Gruden?)

19. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

How much further West than Seattle can you get? Did he circle the globe to get to New York? It seems his plan for the Jets mirrors his flight plan.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have a feeling that this PC was done in a desperate effort to avoid a fan revolt over the 2nd half of the season. Woody and Idzik must realize that impatience in the fanbase has suddenly morphed into fury and the only way fans can get their point accross is empty seats. If Woody doesn't understand football, he certainly understand sales and the bottom line. This PC had to have had Woody's blessings and in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Woody's suggestion.

From the bit of it I heard, it was lame, it was boring and it was bland. Just like the GM and the Owner. Now you have to wonder what Woody's options are here. If he connects with Idzik like he did with Ryan, this franchise is fucked for the foreseeable future. Woody's best option is to clean house and start over. That's probably not gonna happen knowing Woody's methodology. As long as we have Mr. Garretson (South Park) as an owner, we might as well get used to this epic mismanagement.

We as JetFans are fucked no matter how you slice it.

FlaJet and 101GangGreen101 like this.