John Idzik Introductory Press Conference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jeti, Jan 24, 2013.

1. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

As a guy gets uglier, usually that means he's smarter....sooo so far so good.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

#102 displacedfan, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm guessing only an ugly person would believe that.

4. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Just got the press conference off Jets website. I really like the way he carries himself. More than once it looked like media was trying to bait him & he just swatted it away with ease. Not fazed by NY media at all.

Hasn't done anything yet but I'm liking his first impression a lot. Hopefully, Jets got a winner here.

5. displacedfan

Idzik did a good job deflecting questions and throwing in some funny comments. Handled the media well in round 1 which is always good to see

6. displacedfan

I think we finished listening to interviews and posted at the same time. I got the same exact feeling handling the media really well.

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Active Member

I'm going to try and reserve judgement until I hear what follows "With the 9th pick in the 2013 draft, the New York Jets ..."

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Has this guy been sacked yet? Cimini, not Idzik.

9. Realistic Jets Fan

just relistened to the presser

I think he did a very good job of handling the jackals and keeping the questions and answers on the track that he wanted it on

Sounded like he was going to stick to the business at hand, that of evaluating and improving the team and not be dragged into the petty, agenda driven battles that the Mehtas, Ciminis and the rest of the real clowns in their very own circus are desperate to try and draw him into

10. Realistic Jets Fan

Was that the real Dickwad Semen-i posting here or an imposter?

11. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

That was a good response ......

12. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Really didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from this guy. What bother me the most was this collaboration on palyer evaluations and draft picks. Both Bradway and Cohen are still there and this is exactly what we had with Tannenbaum so I don't think the Jets will be improved in that department. His press conference was exactly what was needed to control the media frenzy and tamp down expectations. I feel he was dealt a strange hand this year by having to keep Rex (who I like and think he is a good coach if he had talent), Bradway and Cohen. So this year I expect noting from the Jets. I did like how he said he wold explore finding talent and having competition at every position on the team. I just hope the Jets don't go the way of the Mets and be cheap.

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I just saw the picture of Idzik for the first time. He looks like he could pass for Bill Walton's brother or relative.

14. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

STFU hannitty

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

16. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

He's fine bringing Sanchez back because nobody wants him and it would cripple our cap tremendously to cut him. He didn't anoint him starter, he just used common sense.

Not a difficult concept to understand, but you are probably one of the people who thinks that Rex is the czar of the New York Jets.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

watch it there, homer.

How does he know nobody wants Sanchez? He didn't even start his job until Wednesday.

Pay down Muck's contract to a level that someone else takes him, and he need not get cut.

Something tells me Idzik has not tried and failed to do that since Wednesday.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I think it's fairly obvious that nobody wants Sanchez. What team needs him...? He performs at a backup level at best.

If we pay down Mark's contract, we probably are still going to have to pay most of his contract should he get traded.

Idzik didn't anoint him starter, so why are you complaining? For that matter, you're calling me a homer for saying what most people with common sense think about the situation? Ok...I suppose this is part of Woody's evil plan to destroy the team and name Rex czar.

19. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I will take a wait and see approach

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you know if you look at his name j. idzik and switch the d and the z... he would be J.izdik

oh boy how could jizdik talk about trading x player here.

ill be here all week