John Clayton: An "Easy" Colts Win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Jan 18, 2010.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The point like this past week was about 7.5 as well. Means nothing. The games are played for a reason. To say there is not any conceivable (btw, it's 'i' before 'e' except after 'c') outcome that has the Jets winning is just plain stupid. The Jets beat two good opponents to get to where they are, your overconfidence is stupid and you better hope that your players don't carry that same overconfidence otherwise they'll be in for a rude awakening.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Really, then why even play sports?

Did Duke have more talent then that same UNLV that beat them by 30 just one year before?
    Did the Jets have more talent then the Baltimore Colts in SB III
    Did the Giants have more talent then the Pats just a few years ago?
    Did the Jets have more talent then the Chargers that they beat yesterday?

Your a moron and go troll somewhere else...

I live in Vegas and the line means nothing. You get 3 points for being home so on a neutral your a 4.5 point favorite. That isn't a whole lot pal. For all the talent you have have shouldn't you be a 20 point favorite? they set the line that high hoping that Jets fans (because I've never encountered a Colt fan) will bet the game down the Colts who they think will win the game gets a lower line and they actually win by more then what the Jet fans bet it down to. OBTW the Past were 14 points favorites over the Giants and the Chargers went off as 9 point favorites yesterday just to teach you something about point spreads meaning an automatic W.

#142 Barry the Baptist, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

^You cannot tell me that this man knows football.

4. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

Agreed, but there's a little thing called "intangibles". If you've been a Colts fan for any length of time there are definitely some conceivable reasons that could lead to a Jets win. I can think of about 4 in the past 5 years.

I do agree that this is the best looking Colts team I've ever seen however. I'm just not calling the game won before it's played. I've done that before and it hurts bad. Lesson to be learned, Jets fans.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

6. AbstraKt

AbstraKt New Member

You certainly have a distorted view on reality.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This has been the case of every team the Jets have played this year. The Jets don't have any talent on their roster, and their coaches can't hold anyone's jock either. The defense is just a mirage and Rex just uses his secret weapon of gassing the other team in their own lockerroom with nitrous.

The Jets don't have to beat your team to win. Your team will beat themselves. Don't you know that already? Don't you watch TV? The Jets don't deserve to be in the playoffs. This is all just a vast conspiracy designed to give a Mexican rookie quarterback a Super Bowl ring.

(and here, I thought the 'our team has too many weapons for you to beat them' argument was going to end yesterday. Little did I know...)

By the way, there's a reason that the line of the Jets/Chargers game was 7.5 POINTS. And that reason was stupid gamblers.

#147 abyzmul, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  8. gajetsfan

gajetsfan Member

As others have said, I'm glad he's picking the Colts. It really doesn't matter who "should" win or what any proclaimed expert says. The game will be decided on the field Sunday, and I'm confident that Rex will have the team ready.

On a side note, has anybody else noticed that every time Clayton is on TV, he transitions by saying, "Also, too...." You would think that someone at ESPN would have corrected his consistent redundancy by now.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

The pressure on Indy is immense this week...Super Bowl expectations and now having to face the team people say you let in. If the Jets stun the Colts they will never hear the end of allowing a team they let "back into the playoffs" come back and hit them in the mouth. Since the last time we played them Sanchez has gained confidence and Greene has become a go to back. Add to that the D is playing with a reckless abandon not seen in NY before makes them a very dangerous team.
    If hey do what they did in SD - hold Indy down in he first qtr and have it be close at the half team start to press and make mistakes against the D.

10. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

:rofl: Right?......he's that kid who always stayed in camp, getting his ass leveled every day, until pictures, then quit. :rofl: :rofl2: