Joe Namath calls Zach Wilson’s play disgusting on Michael Kay show

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 25, 2023.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Remember? Yes. Revere? Not always. Think of Harmon Killebrew of the Twins.

And not for nothing I'm not taking criticism from a fake Jets fan.

2. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Amen brotha, this guy is pissing on our only patron saint.

And Saint Joe is right, Zach sucks right now.

papapump likes this.
  3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Yes we should be revering the mercenary who played 4 snaps for us and went down or the guy who is the biggest bust in Jets history, not the guy who actually promised us a superbowl and won it, and i'm not taking criticism from a guy on the Woody's payroll.

papapump and barfolomew like this.
  4. bicketybam

No shit he's right. But how does what he said help the franchise? It doesn't. It came across like the guy was fucking piss drunk and honestly, would that be a stretch? He didn't need to say it. He's not involved with the organization and he's probably a year or two from the big dirt nap.

I have kids and my brother has kids. Their take is Namath is overrated and should just shut the fuck up. And most people under 50 think the same thing.

5. barfolomew

Damn, I think that just about says it. I am in full agreement.

papapump and jets4848 like this.
  6. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Your attacking the only qb ever to win us a superbowl and is speaking the truth for expressing his opinion which is fact at this point, and you calling other people fake Jets fans and troll's? Maybe you should shut the fuck up and reflect in the mirror.

7. bicketybam

That's like defending Babe Ruth. Joe Namath won that Superbowl 50+ years ago. I said he spoke the truth but it served no purpose.

By the way, your post is against the TOS.

8. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

How does it serve no purpose? When me and you talk no one listens, when a legend talks everyone listens, he put the people dragging this organization down in the spotlight, he most definately served his purpose and should do more of it. You attacking a legend,someone who actually backed up his promises and talk unlike your "boy" Robert Saleh who should be charged with "intent to defraud and deceit" and calling him overrated makes you the "fake Jet fan"

9. barfolomew

Anyone who shits on Namath so easily is a fake Jets fan. And to do so in defense of Zach is just that much more pathetic.

papapump, bicketybam and jets4848 like this.
  10. bicketybam

For reference my father in-law has been a fan since they were the Titans. He had season tickets from their inaugural season up until the first few years in the Meadowlands. He's 81. He saw Namath win that Super Bowl. And his take is the same as mine. Namath's comments weren't needed and served no purpose.

Do you really think what Joe Namath has to say is going in influence the organization? Are you that naive? Really? All it did was further the perception that the Jets are clown shoes, which I'm sure you loved.

11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

only explanation here is bickety is part of the Jets Pr team the same ones who have been promising us the playoffs for the past 12 years and a superbowl this year.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. bicketybam

Is it the Alabama connection?

13. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

He is definately a fan, and a voice for us Jet fans. He was simply expressing what all of us are thinking besides you ofcourse. Only difference is people in the industry value his opinion and they don't value mine or yours.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. bicketybam

No one in the Jets organization give a shit what Joe Namath has to say, lol OMG you're killing me!

15. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

How do you know your employers told you this? And obviously the press and media care about his opinion because every radio show was talking about him the whole week, so your wrong because people do care about his opinion and he should express it more often.

papapump, Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  16. bicketybam

Wait. You're using the press as your prerequisite for importance and not it being a good story?? Ooof. Ok. No need to carry on. Shame on me for taking that long to see what you're point was.

17. barfolomew

Let's all put our family lineage on here, maybe then BB will think us jets fans if our houses go back far enough. Season tickets at shea from the beginning good enough? Or is it the polo grounds or nothing for you BB?

I come from a storied house! We have seen the great victories and the myriad defeats of our team. For I am Barf of House Olomew.

18. bicketybam

@jets4848

Official spokesman for the NYJ.

#78 bicketybam, Oct 1, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  19. barfolomew

WHAT A FUCKING MAN!

20. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I think you have to look at it from Zach’s point of view. A HoF legendary QB for us just completely decimated him. That’s an ultimate kick in the nuts. It brings Zach to a crossroads, either he gets so fucking angry that he finally finds his courage to prove Joe wrong, or he folds completely.

barfolomew likes this.