Joe Namath calls Zach Wilson’s play disgusting on Michael Kay show

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The80sJets, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You can smoke "payote"?

barfolomew and Cman68 like this.
  2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Rogers made about $300 MM from the packers. Maybe a bit less.

3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

This is fair.

The draft department has missed on lots of high picks. I want to know what they saw in Zach Wilson.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

it’s not about attacking the fan base or Joe. Believe it or not, some people may believe in NOT tearing down a guy while he’s trying to navigate and figure out how to play better. It’s like earlier this season, Phillies SS Trea Turner was playing terribly. The Philly FB out of all things, cheered him…next thing you know, he’s playing out his mind, playing great baseball. And yes Trea has WAY more cache as a player then Zach ever has but you don’t know how much that really helped Trea get back on his feet. I’d love to challenge the fan base to try to elevate Zach on Sunday night, just as much are you would cheer Aaron Rodgers, why can’t MetLife cheer Zach in the same light? Just a thought.

5. TheAustrian

TheAustrian Member

Because he sucks for the 3rd straight year. No fanbase ever cheered this long for an absolute Zero

barfolomew, Jets81, papapump and 3 others like this.
  6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I am truly confused as to how you can compare an all star MLB player to a player who hasn’t shown a thing in three years. Cheering for players is a fans prerogative. Cheering for someone who is holding back this team is another.

It is my God given right to cheer or boo whoever I choose. I prefer to show my displeasure with a group that continually fails to do their jobs. In my opinion that is JD and Saleh. If you choose to be a lemming and toe the company line, have at it.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The reality is that without a good QB, we are going nowhere anyway. So, JD's strategy was to essentially tank, trade good current players, get good draft picks, and get a QB in the draft was the right one. Where he fucked up is that he did not hit on the QB. Also he didn't build a good line, which had contributed to not developing/injuring the QBs we did have.

However, right now we are in a unique spot. Normally, unless we are able to turn the season around, JD and Saleh should be gone and clean house. 3 years of failure (4 in JD's case) is typically more than enough. However, our best chance to succeed is having Rodgers at the QB position, who is on the roster with hand picked coach. It's going to be hard to fire Saleh, unless he loses a locker room. After all, he is a defensive coach, and defense is good with OC being the best one for Rodgers. So, bearing a collapse or losing locker room, I think Saleh/Hack stay.

JD is where I am less certain. I feel overall he did a good job building a team, but failed in critical areas like OLIne and QB. And when he finally did a great job getting Rodgers, because oline failed, we have a shit at QB again. So, I would prefer someone else to build OLine. Unless the line we have now stabilizes and performs. Then we are really a QB away, and Rodgers gives the best shot. In this case I would keep JD as well.

So, a lot will depend on how the season plays out, though I completely understand Namath's point about cleaning house, which is very hard to argue.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If Rodgers believes in not tearing down a guy who is doing crap, he's free to praise him. That doesn't mean he should be trying to stifle someone else who is highly qualified to identify crap.

papapump likes this.
  9. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

Jets kept the wrong QB. Mike White would have learned and comprehended and gotten better under Rodgers and would have been better prepared than Z Wilson.

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're not breaking any real news here man.

BacktoQueens and stinkyB like this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He had all day to pass that ball and actually didn't look too great in preseason. But if Mike has time, he can be very effective. He has good processor and a good arm. With the way our line performed in the first two games, he would be already hurt though, like Rodgers. We've seen this play out last year. If JD built good oline, then Rodgers backed up by White would have been great. Unfortunately he didn't. Maybe the current version if there are no injuries can be decent though.

barfolomew and Phins_4_Ever like this.
  12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Good for booze soaked Joe for speaking his mind. That's never hurt him in the past.

13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Don't disrespect the only champion this team has ever had. He won the big one. He can say whatever the fuck he wants.
    And he is right. Zach fucking sucks right now. 17 points wins that Pats game, we can't even do that.
    I'm with Joe.

papapump likes this.
  14. bicketybam

Good for you, Cubby. I appreciate your stance even though you weren't ever born when he played. You are a true Jets fan that can dictate what others feel. I can't but maybe you can tell me how you got that privilege? Help me out.

15. barfolomew

Yeah you can smoke it or ingest it. I don't think there are any other means of taking it though, such as needles or topical, but I'm sure they're on the way.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Never heard of anyone smoking it... I thought it was always ingested.

Learn something new every day...

17. bicketybam

How many current fans even remember Joe Namath? I mean we all remember him making an ass out of himself on national TV but as far as playing? Not unless you are 60+

18. barfolomew

Yeah, I've never seen it smoked myself, just ingested and never did it myself, but I believe smoking it is an option. It's the root of come type of cactus in the west.

19. bicketybam

Explains a lot

20. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

any jets fan should remember the quarterback who won their only Super Bowl.

papapump and barfolomew like this.