Jistin Miller

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

You got me thinking. Where did Leon go? I checked and he's still on the Chargers roster. I guess with LT on the team, Leon is just warming the bench.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Chad Morton, too. He had one good game and people bitched about him going to the Redskins for two years.

Funny how champ's angle this week is to try and pick on individual players, since he can't trash the team. I guess everyone needs to lead the team in tackles every game.

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

The Chargers are still waiting for Quentin Jammer to become the shut down corner they hoped when they drafted him 6th?? overall 5 years ago. CB is one of the hardest positions to learn and Miller has only played 1.5 years. I'm not saying he's great, but I'm not ready to throw him under the bus either.

4. Tight

Tight Active Member

I might have to disagree with you there I think his first step is ridiculous. Ive seen games where he would be close to a tackler and within two steps, there is no way a guy could have made a play.

Yah he does have alot to learn at corner, but quick is one thing he definitely is.

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

For someone who takes vacations to st tropez and the cayman islands every other week, he really is quite negative. Kind of sad actually.

6. themantda

themantda New Member

how about miller at WR..get him so quick screens and see if he can take it to the house

7. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I've never liked Miller at CB , and last year his returns when he could actually field the ball were questionable.However this year at KO return he has excelled himself and if he could solely concentrate on that I would be happy , but with Mangini keeping a tidy house with his multi-taskers would think he may be gone.....anyone know how much hes worth???

8. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I was referencing Dwight with my fast but not quick comment.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The negativity here overall is astounding to me, especially after wins. The New England win in particular.

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

So that people can go to one forum and read all of the articles in one place. Jets Nation does something similar and it works pretty good. They merge all of the articles for the day into one thread. It's nice to be able to have one place to read all of the articles.

But I see what champ was doing by taking bits and pieces of articles to spark some debate, so it's all good. I haven't checked but the articles he's referencing were probably already in the newswire section anyway.

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Here's my take on Miller. He had his chance to play early in the year and learn the system. He couldn't acclimate, so Mangini lost patience and benched him. He'll work on him in the offseason to bring him around, watch.

I'm sure if we were 3 games under .500 right now, Miller would be in the game. Since we are winning games, and have a legit shot at a game or two in January, it makes sense to not have "projects" out on the field.

While I would like see Miller returning punts, I would still crap my pants every time. At least with Dwight, I know it's all about where the ball comes down that dictates our field position.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I still have visions of Miller dropping ball after ball at TC. He eventually overcame it, or so it would seem, but it was inexplicable and quite pronounced. I'm talking like every third catch... unreal. Then it stopped. But it's one of those things where you're like... "Oh... it's Miller fielding it.... okay... what now?"

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I feel exactly the same. I'm not worrying about Miller right now. The D overall has been much improved, so Miller is a sidestory right now.

Let's all remember who Miller's first pro tutor was. His best lessons were the proper way to align chairs so that optimal rest was achieved during Monday meetings.

It's going to take Mangini some good one-on-one time to fix that.

14. genom

genom Active Member

Herm was a defensive back himself, so its hard to believe herm didn't teach the guy anything. Maybe its not the coaching, and the guy reall is dumb as nails?

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaaaa... hilarious!

But all was not lost in last year's TC because Miller also had the benefit of being around Ty Law, whenever Law felt like showing up, which was a total aggregate of about 6 1/2 hours. I swear, while watching for any signs of interaction between the two through my binoculars, I did see Miller get some help from Law on a few occasions:

Miller: Hi Ty, I'm Justin Miller!

Law: What time is lunch, kid?

Miller: Seriously, Mr. Law, could you give me some pointers?

Law: Hey Herm, I'm goin' back to the weight room, man, I'll see you later in the week.

Miller: But... but...

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Well, as big a Miller supporter I am. I have to be a little more doubtful in his ability to play at Corner, regretfully.

I'm a big Hank Poteat fan, but if you can't beat out a journeyman or rookie then things are not looking good.

I hope he can get it together this offseason, but things look glum.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Honestly, I do think Herm and Bradway gave Westhoff way too much say in drafts. Santana Moss + Justin Miller + Mike Nugent = way too many high ST picks for one regime.

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

i'm not worried or writing him off yet. ive said it a million times, if WR's are generally given 3 yrs to adapt to the pro transition, why wouldnt the people who have to read and react against them?

19. GreenScreen313

GreenScreen313 New Member

GOod point.

I was really excited about Miller at CB during the preseason. He seemed to be pissing off the Giants (Plaxico, Shockey) during their game, and performing well in others. BUt I guess that's why it's the preseason and he wasn't able to get it together in the regular season.

My main point is, I think he has extraordinary potential and Mangini will put him in the best position to develop, if he's commited.

20. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

I agree with the potential and the kid has heart.:beer:

One thing that has concerned me is his size. WR's tower over him.